Crypto

Found 2nd Dec 2017
Dont know if theres already a discussion on this but what if any cryptos are people holding, and how are you holding them.

I currently only have litecoin

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

rogparki25 m ago

Trust me - it will all end in tears

I hope not - I'm just about to launch my own currency.

Welcome to WipWops.

I'm selling one WipWop for £100.

Coins will be distributed in order of application.

32630769-yviIS.jpg

I've got 500 Amazon coins if that counts?
42 Comments

I've got 500 Amazon coins if that counts?

Original Poster

rogparki9 m ago

Reasoning ??

billywhiteley4 m ago

Reasoning ??

A "pseudo currency" not supported by anything anyone can understand - certainly not by gold or a national economy . Ok its used by crooks the world over , but that's hardly a recommendation

I've got a little stash of Ubisoft Uplay points.

I have no idea how to buy one but I did learn today that you need a crypto wallet to keep it safe.

rogparki25 m ago

I hope not - I'm just about to launch my own currency.

Welcome to WipWops.

I'm selling one WipWop for £100.

Coins will be distributed in order of application.

32630769-yviIS.jpg

deeky5 m ago

I hope not - I'm just about to launch my own currency.Welcome to …I hope not - I'm just about to launch my own currency.Welcome to WipWops.I'm selling one WipWop for £100.Coins will be distributed in order of application.[Image]

Put me down for £100 K . May have to modify that if I land on Park Lane or Mayfair though

You're in. My first order. Might have to get a bigger minting machine though, this is taking off quicker than I expected

deeky48 m ago

You're in. My first order. Might have to get a bigger minting machine …You're in. My first order. Might have to get a bigger minting machine though, this is taking off quicker than I expected

It's taking off like hot air in a balloon , you're going straight to top mate

Joey.Bloggsy9 m ago

It's taking off like hot air in a balloon , you're going straight to top …It's taking off like hot air in a balloon , you're going straight to top mate

I was going to invite investors but I'm not too sure now

deeky12 m ago

deeky12 m ago

naa go for it Deeky.....Take a chance .......The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do the dare.

Im willing to be your advisor anytime

Joey.Bloggsy1 m ago

naa go for it Deeky.....Take a chance .......The man who goes farthest is …naa go for it Deeky.....Take a chance .......The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do the dare. Im willing to be your advisor anytime

Do you think the face needs a bit of work? I think it makes me look old

deeky4 m ago

Do you think the face needs a bit of work? I think it makes me look old

It ain't your face they're buying mate

And for the record you ain't that old or ugly , I seen a picture of you in that pool game we played where you forgot to change it looool.
Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 2nd Dec 2017

Joey.Bloggsy1 m ago

It ain't your face they're buying mate And for the record you ain't …It ain't your face they're buying mate And for the record you ain't that old or ugly , I seen a picture of you in that pool game we played where you forgot to change it looool.

Joey.Bloggsy4 m ago

And for the record you ain't that old or ugly

gee, thanks joey

deeky1 h, 26 m ago

You're in. My first order. Might have to get a bigger minting machine …You're in. My first order. Might have to get a bigger minting machine though, this is taking off quicker than I expected

Maybe you should consider using hot cakes instead, I'm sure that would take off....

billywhiteley2 h, 14 m ago

Reasoning ??

You have asked a fair comment so the silly posts will hardly help. Crypto is risky, more risky than penny shares, but that's why they can be so lucrative. I know someone who invested about £8k about 4mths ago and has just pulled out a respectable £3k profit, he did nothing, just bought some Ether and converted to Bitcoin then waited while the price rocketed then sold, easy money.

HOWEVER, you must remember that its by no means guaranteed. Everyone and his dog is now getting into it thanks to media cover. The jammy gits who got in when BTC was as low as 10p each can now sell them at around £8k, so lots of paper millionaires who will tell you that they KNEW it was going to happen, yet they didn't sell everything they own to put into it?

Some now say it's a bit late, others say that when crypto takes over the banking institutions, each BTC could be worth £150k, BUT no one knows for sure. The biggest problem with alt coins is hacking, if someone were to hack it (it relys on block chain to stop this), it's game over. Only the other week, a kid messing with wallets "froze" around £150m in Ether, he was literally playing around, but if your money was involved, you'd now never be able to access it until the community decides to do a 'fork,, but this isn't ever guaranteed!

The only rule to follow is the golden rule of any investment, ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. Have a play, enjoy it, it can get addictive, if I had invested in BTC and Ether when I was told to, I would have x4 my initial investment. Similarly, if I had collected the BTC in the early years when they literally gave them out for free for doing surveys etc, I'd now be a millionaire, you never harp on about missed opportunities or you'll drive yourself mad!!!
Edited by: "frakison" 2nd Dec 2017

No Deeky , don't let Bryanhaines take you away from the wipwops .

Maybe wipwops won't work but seeing if it does will be a great adventure .

/. I will be requiring a commission on my advisory role

rogparki2 h, 34 m ago

Funny thing is, I remember saying that about Bitcoin when they could be bought for £20 each...... those coins would now be worth £8k each!!! I personally think that it's eventually going to pop like most bubbles, but in the mean time, there's still plenty of opportunities. Look at it this way, BTC crashed earlier this week after an all time high, you could have bought a BTC for £6900 on the 30 Nov and sold it two days later for £8225. In the last month BTC has risen by 51.26%!!!

frakison4 m ago

Funny thing is, I remember saying that about Bitcoin when they could be …Funny thing is, I remember saying that about Bitcoin when they could be bought for £20 each...... those coins would now be worth £8k each!!! I personally think that it's eventually going to pop like most bubbles, but in the mean time, there's still plenty of opportunities. Look at it this way, BTC crashed earlier this week after an all time high, you could have bought a BTC for £6900 on the 30 Nov and sold it two days later for £8225. In the last month BTC has risen by 51.26%!!!

My point exactly, could go up 10% on Monday -equally could drop 80% this week .

Original Poster

rogparki6 m ago

My point exactly, could go up 10% on Monday -equally could drop 80% this …My point exactly, could go up 10% on Monday -equally could drop 80% this week .

Any example of a crypto ever dropping 80% ??
Edited by: "billywhiteley" 2nd Dec 2017

billywhiteley5 m ago

If it can drop 20% in a day it can certainly drop 80% in a week . But as there is no logic in it I'm not going anywhere near it . Might just buy a tulip bulb though

rogparki14 m ago

My point exactly, could go up 10% on Monday -equally could drop 80% this …My point exactly, could go up 10% on Monday -equally could drop 80% this week .

Totally, that's why you have to keep a level head and its the very reason that I'm not invested, but I still find it tempting

billywhiteley10 m ago

The thing is, it's WORSE than that, as I said, one vulnerability could kill it completely, this is what I was saying, it's extremely risky!!! People are making money, I know that as I've seen it, and they are making a LOT but you could put £1k on a 100-1 horse and acheive good returns too!

delusion6 m ago

http://deadcoins.com

To be fair, BTC and ETH are now established so it's not quite the same but you're right in theory

Everyone piles in when a Share, Commodity , currency etc is rising .Even Penny shares have an intrinsic value (although the debt the company has often outweighs any value) . Bitcoin ,as far as I can see, has no backing no intrinsic value ad no regulation . Once it starts dropping there will be nothing to stop it (apart from maybe drug dealers still wanting to buy it as their currency of choice ).

rogparki40 m ago

Everyone piles in when a Share, Commodity , currency etc is rising .Even …Everyone piles in when a Share, Commodity , currency etc is rising .Even Penny shares have an intrinsic value (although the debt the company has often outweighs any value) . Bitcoin ,as far as I can see, has no backing no intrinsic value ad no regulation . Once it starts dropping there will be nothing to stop it (apart from maybe drug dealers still wanting to buy it as their currency of choice ).

The only potential saving grace for BTC is the fact that is now mainstream. I purchased one of the EE Headcams posted on here this week. It was from Scan who are reputable (they supply to the Queen so that's good enough for me!) and there was an option to buy via Bitcoin.... I was quite surprised to be honest!

I think the only issue with BTC is that its long due a correction, anyone who buys now in the hope of a quick profit may soon be rushing to sell, fuelling an even bigger drop..... or it might rally and end up being £30k by the new year?!?!

That alone is enough for me to give it a swerve!

BTC is going to rocket even further. its going mainstream.
Nasdaq is adding futures market early 2018, PWC is now using it and in long term in 2020 Japan olympics its going to be used big time. And then followed by block halfing. There is so much going on right now with it....

People can slate it all they want, but there listening to the media. Do you research and you know its a gold mine. I think we can expect 20k usd very soon.

Litecoin is a great investment also due to LN being implemented

Anyone confident in their predictions of a burst crypto bubble would be shorting it with all the money they had available.

Just like anyone who knew it was going to take off the way it has would have invested all the money they had in it.

Exactly. and im a hodler.

I'm not a holder or hodler as it is called with crypto(silly meme) i'm not a fan of things that are that volatile especially if i was to leverage.

Fair do's

Im just saying some need to open there eyes, just like the internet were changing. Bitcoin is here to stay and it will only increase in long term unlike the £ which seems to be getting weaker and weaker over the years

What alt coin are you guys holding?

My brother just asked if I wanted to invest in bitcoin.. he is making around £260 off £100 (so he says) but I just don't trust the system at all tbh?? am I a fool for not trying it?

Litecoin, NEO, Ripple.

Small holdings, money that I've made peace with losing but obviously hope it increase in value a lot instead.

arcangel1114 h, 49 m ago

My brother just asked if I wanted to invest in bitcoin.. he is making …My brother just asked if I wanted to invest in bitcoin.. he is making around £260 off £100 (so he says) but I just don't trust the system at all tbh?? am I a fool for not trying it?

Remember, you're only "making money" when you pull the funds out . Are you a fool for not trying it? probably.... welcome to the club!!!

arcangel11113 h, 7 m ago

My brother just asked if I wanted to invest in bitcoin.. he is making …My brother just asked if I wanted to invest in bitcoin.. he is making around £260 off £100 (so he says) but I just don't trust the system at all tbh?? am I a fool for not trying it?

If you put money in that you don't need and won't cause you issue to lose then you have a chance of doing alright out of it. Just don't leverage which sounds like what your brother is doing.

High risk high reward. I know people who became milllionaires in a year and others who turned £10k to £300k in last 6 months from crypto
Post a comment
@
    Text