Cryptocurrency Ripple - moving from exhange to wallet..HELP!

Found 5th Jan
Hi,

I have taken the plunge and bought some ripple coins through the Binance Exchange. I now know that I need to send the coins to a wallet - I am opting for an online wallet.

So, I have created an account with Gatehub which is still pending but it looks as though I can add XRP to my wallet even though the account is pending....does anyone have any experience of this? It has been pending for five days so not sure when it will be accepted.

I have also opened a cryptonator account and my ripple wallet on there is "offline" so I cannot even transfer to that!

Also, when the time comes to withdraw from the Binance Exchange, it is asking me for an XRP withdrawals tag - I have no idea what this is but there is an option to choose that says "no tag". I am not sure what to do at the moment. Do I make the transfer to my Gatehub wallet without the XRP Tag?

Does anyone have any advice? I am really keen to get it into a wallet!

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
The extra tag bits are if you sending to an exchange as they need to know which account it is.

I would download the Ripple wallet and transfer them to there on your pc/Mac.

You will lose 20 Ripple this way though as the wallet will always require 20 to stop spam.

Crazy world as XRP is really useless and won’t be used by the banks.
Original Poster
thanks for that. I read today that a large middle eastern bank has taken it on and two of the biggest banks in Korea have finished testing and are pleased with the results.
Hope you bought it while it was low

All alts have dropped atm
Original Poster
Nah I didn't but that does not bother me, it had been climbing and climbing for a weeks and so, yesterday I bit the bullet and purchased but literally an hour later it dropped. However, it does not concern me in the slightest as I do think it will continue on an upward trend beyond what I paid.
Just use toast. There's an online one.

Make sure you record all the details carefully and store a copy of the backup wallet they make you create!
Edited by: "bjrosl" 6th Jan
Original Poster
I ended up using gatehub in the end.
I currently have a small amount of ripple stored in a toast wallet. Currently ripple is worth just $2. Will it ever be worth more? Personally, I see Ripple heading to $10 before it crashes out and A) it fades away forever or B) it stays at around $10 for years to come. I'm far from an expert on this stuff, but Ripple will never be worth thousands.
in$anity2 h, 26 m ago

I currently have a small amount of ripple stored in a toast wallet. …I currently have a small amount of ripple stored in a toast wallet. Currently ripple is worth just $2. Will it ever be worth more? Personally, I see Ripple heading to $10 before it crashes out and A) it fades away forever or B) it stays at around $10 for years to come. I'm far from an expert on this stuff, but Ripple will never be worth thousands.

How much did you buy it for? Depends really value changes. Went to nearly £3then dropped
Original Poster
I think you might be right. I don't think it will reach the heights of ethereum or Bitcoin but you never know. It has been steady for the last 2-3 days now, so ripple needs some news to kick start it again.
Edited by: "brettytopbanana" 14th Jan
MrMan201111 h, 51 m ago

How much did you buy it for? Depends really value changes. Went to nearly …How much did you buy it for? Depends really value changes. Went to nearly £3then dropped

I bought in at $1. I heard of Ripple when it was $0,70 and didn't buy any because I just didn't feel like it was a true cryptocoin e.g being in bed with the banks. That said, it is not marketing itself as a true crypto coin. It's marketing itself as a way of speeding up cross country payments. That is why I decided to buy 50 XRP at $1, store them in a wallet and leave them there for a few years. If I come back and its worth $0, it's only $50 wasted. If I come back and it is worth the $10 I predict, then i've gained $450.

The thing that makes crypto coins worth something, is if the circulating supply is low. XRP has a colossal supply, meaning that it's probably destined to stay less than $10 for the next few years. Put it this way, Moneygram, 2nd largest company in the world in their line of business jumped on board and ripple stayed around $2. That tells me that it's never going higher than $10.
Edited by: "in$anity" 14th Jan
in$anity4 h, 7 m ago

I bought in at $1. I heard of Ripple when it was $0,70 and didn't buy any …I bought in at $1. I heard of Ripple when it was $0,70 and didn't buy any because I just didn't feel like it was a true cryptocoin e.g being in bed with the banks. That said, it is not marketing itself as a true crypto coin. It's marketing itself as a way of speeding up cross country payments. That is why I decided to buy 50 XRP at $1, store them in a wallet and leave them there for a few years. If I come back and its worth $0, it's only $50 wasted. If I come back and it is worth the $10 I predict, then i've gained $450.The thing that makes crypto coins worth something, is if the circulating supply is low. XRP has a colossal supply, meaning that it's probably destined to stay less than $10 for the next few years. Put it this way, Moneygram, 2nd largest company in the world in their line of business jumped on board and ripple stayed around $2. That tells me that it's never going higher than $10.

Agreed too much supply. I saw it at 0.18p didn't think it would go up went to 90p then I bought it and sold it when it it doubled. Too much market supply
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions