Expired

Crystal Xbox with Evo X updating/softmodding help

Found 8th Aug 2011
Crystal Xbox with Evo X updating/softmodding help

How would I go about upgrading this to the 720P mod?
Community Updates
23 Comments
Hi Adam2050,

I would suggest downloading a copy of:

HeXEn - Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc.

forums.xbox-scene.com/ind…570

it has a:

It has simple HD video mode enabling options that bypass virtual eeprom and launch the appropriate tools

Hubby has used it on numerous xboxes when he used to soft mod them for friends and family.

Hope it helps - Sara x
Original Poster
Cheers is Evo X the chip or is it something else? Not sure where to start with that is it simple?
Does the 720p mod upscale games too or does it have to be HD media playing?
PS Any of you guys know where to pick up cheap IDE drives? Looking for a couple at around 120GB for my 2 spare boxes that I want to use upstairs.
Info from Hubby:

Hi Adam2050, Evo X will be your mod chip, which does everything that a soft mod can do but makes upgrading your HDD if you choose to a lot easier. Simply download and burn a copy of the disk and when loaded choose the option to enable HD. you will need a component cable if you have not already got one to view the Xbox in HD glory.

Hi harlzter, it will upscale some Xbox games and not others it depends on if the developers created the game with that option. Microsoft designed the Xbox with HD in mind just never ran with it! I would also suggest EBay for IDE HDD's

I hope this helps you out guys
if i remember correct just launch the original dash
and change the video settings
Original Poster
princesspeanut

Info from Hubby:Hi Adam2050, Evo X will be your mod chip, which does … Info from Hubby:Hi Adam2050, Evo X will be your mod chip, which does everything that a soft mod can do but makes upgrading your HDD if you choose to a lot easier. Simply download and burn a copy of the disk and when loaded choose the option to enable HD. you will need a component cable if you have not already got one to view the Xbox in HD glory. Hi harlzter, it will upscale some Xbox games and not others it depends on if the developers created the game with that option. Microsoft designed the Xbox with HD in mind just never ran with it! I would also suggest EBay for IDE HDD'sI hope this helps you out guys

What If I wanted to upgrade Evo X and XMBC?
Hi Adam2050,

Hubby only ever had soft modded Xboxes. He has no idea how you would update EVo X; however he explained that you would need to download the latest version of XBMX from xbmc4xbox and ftp it over to your Xbox. Sorry all very confuding for me.

If you register yourself on xbmc4xbox they should be better equiped to answer your questions. I think alot of developers use the site etc.

Having said that when Hubby first started out he got alot of help from someone here called Dbx_Badass I think (there avatar was a picture of Miley Cirus or something I think)
Download the enigmah video mode switcher - switch to NTSC then boot into original dash and change it from the settings.

Yes, it's that easy.
wow old skool, i finally retired my old xbox about 4 years ago after almost constant use as a media centre. EvoX is just the dashboard.

Its crap at anything hd and to be honest very old now. You can hook pc's to tvs now and most now even stream hd video or play from usb sticks.

Unless you have a old crt tv, you be better buying a 2nd hand 360 and it will play everything you throw at it and even does mkv streaming or a media player for your tv
Edited by: "LiGhTfasT" 8th Aug 2011
LiGhTfasT

wow old skool, i finally retired my old xbox about 4 years ago after … wow old skool, i finally retired my old xbox about 4 years ago after almost constant use as a media centre. EvoX is just the dashboard.Its crap at anything hd and to be honest very old now. You can hook pc's to tvs now and most now even stream hd video or play from usb sticks.Unless you have a old crt tv, you be better buying a 2nd hand 360 and it will play everything you throw at it and even does mkv streaming or a media player for your tv

What has an 'old crt' got anything to do with xbox?
Well what i should say is if you a non HD TV then you might find the xbox still ok for stuff but if you plan on using the xbox for 720p mkv tv and film rips it just aint up the job.
Edited by: "LiGhTfasT" 8th Aug 2011
LiGhTfasT

Well what i should say is if you a non HD TV then you might find the xbox … Well what i should say is if you a non HD TV then you might find the xbox still ok for stuff but if you plan on using the xbox for 720p mkv tv and film rips it just aint up the job.

I have a HD TV and my original xbox runs emulators in 1080i and 720p - it also upscales most video sources to this too.
Original Poster
Mallinersha

I have a HD TV and my original xbox runs emulators in 1080i and 720p - it … I have a HD TV and my original xbox runs emulators in 1080i and 720p - it also upscales most video sources to this too.

Thought they were still pretty useful, just don't know where to start to upgrade.
Adam2050

Thought they were still pretty useful, just don't know where to start to … Thought they were still pretty useful, just don't know where to start to upgrade.

Component lead, the steps I mentioned above and get yourself the latest and greatest emulator ever! CoinOps emulator package...
Original Poster
Mallinersha

Component lead, the steps I mentioned above and get yourself the latest … Component lead, the steps I mentioned above and get yourself the latest and greatest emulator ever! CoinOps emulator package...

Any clues on updating Evo X to anything decent?

Adam2050

Any clues on updating Evo X to anything decent?

It's been a while since I updated mine from evox to XBMC but thats the thing to do...

There are loads of guides around the net...
Original Poster

dcx_badass

Why do you want to update Evox?Evox is the dashboard not a mod chip.I'd … Why do you want to update Evox?Evox is the dashboard not a mod chip.I'd use XBMC with the auto start shortcut keeping Evox available as the real dash.To enable HD you need to use Enigmah video switcher to switch it to NTSC.

Dcx not been about for a while I see

Have a look here put all the info down, just don't know where to start if you can help would appreciate the info.

xbmc4xbox.org/for…697
Original Poster
dcx_badass

I've never used a chipped box, but it can make it easier. I'd follow what … I've never used a chipped box, but it can make it easier. I'd follow what they said on there and use that disk.

Okay boss, will come back to you if I need some tips.
Original Poster
Mallinersha

Component lead, the steps I mentioned above and get yourself the latest … Component lead, the steps I mentioned above and get yourself the latest and greatest emulator ever! CoinOps emulator package...

Where do I get this from, can't find a link nor do I know how to install it via FTP?
please help im pulling my hair out i have a old crystal xbox when booting up it says evo 7 were can i download the software dashboard from thanks
sorry evo x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants