Groups

Css Style Sheets

Anyone know where i could downloa some css style sheets.

Im creating a site in HTML 1.1 (dunno if that matters)

14 Comments

there are loads you can download ...... search google

its far better to create your own ...... its simple really

[url]www.w3schools.com/css[/url] ..... want some help pm me (i can do css & html like the back of me hand )

CSS Zen garden is 'must have' for CSS enthusiast

And I think that 1.1 is XHTML ... but it's not relevant

Original Poster

Xpenny;4866987

CSS Zen garden is 'must have' for CSS enthusiast

Ive had a look on there - i like csszengarden.com/?cs…css

but how can i edit it so the font reads what i want it to?

vengod;4867010

Ive had a look on there - i like … Ive had a look on there - i like http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=198/198.cssbut how can i edit it so the font reads what i want it to?

No really sure what your aim is. Are you trying to style your site or just amend the Zen template?

Original Poster

Xpenny;4867078

No really sure what your aim is. Are you trying to style your site or … No really sure what your aim is. Are you trying to style your site or just amend the Zen template?

I have to create a new site. I want some style to it though?

vengod;4867083

I have to create a new site. I want some style to it though?

Now I understand. How far are you into this and what's your knowladge of XHTML/CSS?

Original Poster

Xpenny;4867089

Now I understand. How far are you into this and what's your knowladge of … Now I understand. How far are you into this and what's your knowladge of XHTML/CSS?

I havent actually started the site yet - ive just been researching what i need for pages. Knowledge is minimal tbh - Css - dont really know. i know a bit html - not so much xhtml.

vengod;4867112

I havent actually started the site yet - ive just been researching what i … I havent actually started the site yet - ive just been researching what i need for pages. Knowledge is minimal tbh - Css - dont really know. i know a bit html - not so much xhtml.

XHTML is not far of from HTML, different rulles pretty much. I guess you are going to use something like Front page or Dreamweaver to create your site. If you are, then you find it fairly easy to do the css as well. For what ever you do, don't use table layout ... go for the box (div) layout which has to be styled with css. I think the best thing is to start with your site and let us know if you need any specific help :thumbsup: Drop me a pm if you get stucked

Banned

You have mail...

Original Poster

Btw - il be using Dreamweaver

Also, if you stumble across a site that you really like, you can always just grab the CSS and learn how they have done it. Alternatively, you can get a DOM inspector utility for your browser - e.g. if you are on Firefox you can get firebug (or use the in-built equivalent on Chrome, or Web Development Helper for IE) and 'inspect' elements by clicking on them, then getting their CSS attributes displayed to you in a little window. Web developers never had it so good ;-)

i created a basic one for vengod ...... using the stye he chose above ..... i made adjustments which makes it unique & funky (just no images :lol:)

mytestpages.110mb.com/zen…tml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Important info for Ryanair customers1317
      2. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1118
      3. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)22
      4. CCleaner software compromised by hackers1524

See more discussions