CU80 - Will it stop me getting taxi badge??

17 replies
Found 5th Jul 2010
Hey, i got 3 points on my driving licence about 6 months ago, now im looking to get my taxi badge and i was just wondering if this would cause me to be refused my badge, i dont have any other convictions of any sort.

For those who do not know a CU80 is driving whilst using a mobile phone.

TIA

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Thought the ability to drive whilst on a mobile was a needed qualification for taxi drivers? Isn't the CU80 your certificate to prove this? :whistling:

Original Poster

harlzter;8981151

Thought the ability to drive whilst on a mobile was a needed … Thought the ability to drive whilst on a mobile was a needed qualification for taxi drivers? Isn't the CU80 your certificate to prove this? :whistling:

but not much help to me

harlzter;8981151

Thought the ability to drive whilst on a mobile was a needed … Thought the ability to drive whilst on a mobile was a needed qualification for taxi drivers? Isn't the CU80 your certificate to prove this? :whistling:

Actually the individual councils take this kind of thing quite seriously. My partner is a taxi driver and he tells me that a CU80 on a driving licence s in theory dangerous driving. However they should not be overly concerned by it. If they are then they are being harsh.

Hope this helps....... Unlike some !

Original Poster

emmaelise;8981200

Actually the individual councils take this kind of thing quite seriously. … Actually the individual councils take this kind of thing quite seriously. My partner is a taxi driver and he tells me that a CU80 on a driving licence s in theory dangerous driving. However they should not be overly concerned by it. If they are then they are being harsh.Hope this helps....... Unlike some !

thank you

emmaelise;8981200

Actually the individual councils take this kind of thing quite seriously. … Actually the individual councils take this kind of thing quite seriously. My partner is a taxi driver and he tells me that a CU80 on a driving licence s in theory dangerous driving. However they should not be overly concerned by it. If they are then they are being harsh.Hope this helps....... Unlike some !

That makes no sense. CU80 = in theory driving dangerously = council not concerned?

I would have thought they'd be VERY concerned. I would, if I were a passenger in the OPs car.
I know we all make mistakes and you'll say "I'll never do it again", but the point remains that I think any council would take a dim view on such a conviction.

TUSSFC;8981288

That makes no sense. CU80 = in theory driving dangerously = council not … That makes no sense. CU80 = in theory driving dangerously = council not concerned?I would have thought they'd be VERY concerned. I would, if I were a passenger in the OPs car.I know we all make mistakes and you'll say "I'll never do it again", but the point remains that I think any council would take a dim view on such a conviction.

They will be concerned. They SHOULD take each incident and treat it as such. the OP will be asked to explain himself. However, SOME councils do not take it as seriously as others. Not as seriously as a DD for example.
NOT ALL taxi drivers spend their time on their phones. MOST taxi drivers have hands free. I resent you tongue in cheek comment. I do not appreciate sweeping generalisations.

emmaelise;8981376

I resent you tongue in cheek comment. I do not appreciate sweeping … I resent you tongue in cheek comment. I do not appreciate sweeping generalisations.

Not to mention they all see speed limits as the minimum speed they should be doing.

harlzter;8981589

Not to mention they all see speed limits as the minimum speed they should … Not to mention they all see speed limits as the minimum speed they should be doing.

Very funny...... NOT ! Anyway, it should not be a problem. But ask the council.

emmaelise;8981376

They will be concerned. They SHOULD take each incident and treat it as … They will be concerned. They SHOULD take each incident and treat it as such. the OP will be asked to explain himself. However, SOME councils do not take it as seriously as others. Not as seriously as a DD for example.NOT ALL taxi drivers spend their time on their phones. MOST taxi drivers have hands free. I resent you tongue in cheek comment. I do not appreciate sweeping generalisations.

Erm, what generalisation did I make then?

TUSSFC;8981720

Quoted you but meant me I believe, I said something tongue in cheek in post 1 and he (or more likely she -(seems to be rag week by touchiness)) took offence.

tinkerbell28;8981467

Is there an echo in here or what? For the 3rd time op ASK the issuing … Is there an echo in here or what? For the 3rd time op ASK the issuing council, it's their decision and ultimitaley their discretion.

Did not mean you Tinkerbell. Meant HE who replied first !

harlzter;8981788

Quoted you but meant me I believe, I said something tongue in cheek in … Quoted you but meant me I believe, I said something tongue in cheek in post 1 and he (or more likely she -(seems to be rag week by touchiness)) took offence.

RAG WEEK ! OMG! Why don't you drag yourself on your Neanderthal knuckles back to your cave!

TUSSFC;8981720

Not you ! Sorry ! :oops:

Banned

why does nearly every thread on here end up in a rammy....just answer the guys question ,ffs.

RFC;8982295

why does nearly every thread on here end up in a rammy....just answer the … why does nearly every thread on here end up in a rammy....just answer the guys question ,ffs.

Lol ! You are right, we are off thread !

The man is worried, from experience ( which by the sound of it I am the only one that has experience and therefore the only one that can actually comment ) as Tinkerbell says. It really depends on the issuing authority, you really need to ring them and check, BUT it SHOULDN'T be too much of an issue.

tinkerbell28;8982357

AHEM................;-)

I said sorry Tink ! Or is there an echo in here ???? :thumbsup:

Banned

emmaelise;8982408

I said sorry Tink ! Or is there an echo in here ???? :thumbsup:

I know I was responding to RFC:)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529