Currency Best Place to Buy Euros

Found 31st May 2011
Anyone know the best place to get Euros at the moment

And anyone know if the exchange rate is expected to change at all over June for better or worse?

I go away 21st June and the rates look crap at the moment (1.21 last year and 1.11 this year)
Community Updates
Misc
18 Comments
I always check out Moneysaving Expert website, as you can put in how much you want and it will search for you, for best rate, taking comission etc into consideration
MSE here
Just a heads up, fake Britain highlighted the problems with fake money, one guy bought his euros from a thomas cook travel agent, and managed to get a fake 20 euro note, arrived in austria on a skiing holiday, and used his euros to buy his lift pass, the fake euro was detected by the cashier and he was arrested. Spent 2days in cells, they searched his room and opened Christmas cards and presents, released with a fine.
Another lad sent his granny to the post office to get his euros, bloke in a suit standing outside the post office sold granny euros at a better deal.the lad passed a fifty euro note at the shop whilst on holiday, him and his girlfriend were arrested spent two weeks in detention, had a 3000 bale put on both of them which they couldn't afford. She was released after the solicitor talked him in to pleading guilty. He was told if he did this he would get a fine and a suspended sentence. Judge sentenced him with 8 months imprisonment and was released after 5months.
It's just a word of warning but check your euros carefully when you get them.

Yeah i saw that! not good!

I've gone with Tesco as they are the cheapest for the amount of money i'm wanting to change.

Still not the best rate compared to last year but guess times have changed

solarforce

Just a heads up, fake Britain highlighted the problems with fake money, … Just a heads up, fake Britain highlighted the problems with fake money, one guy bought his euros from a thomas cook travel agent, and managed to get a fake 20 euro note, arrived in austria on a skiing holiday, and used his euros to buy his lift pass, the fake euro was detected by the cashier and he was arrested. Spent 2days in cells, they searched his room and opened Christmas cards and presents, released with a fine.Another lad sent his granny to the post office to get his euros, bloke in a suit standing outside the post office sold granny euros at a better deal.the lad passed a fifty euro note at the shop whilst on holiday, him and his girlfriend were arrested spent two weeks in detention, had a 3000 bale put on both of them which they couldn't afford. She was released after the solicitor talked him in to pleading guilty. He was told if he did this he would get a fine and a suspended sentence. Judge sentenced him with 8 months imprisonment and was released after 5months.It's just a word of warning but check your euros carefully when you get them.

solarforce

Just a heads up, fake Britain highlighted the problems with fake money, … Just a heads up, fake Britain highlighted the problems with fake money, one guy bought his euros from a thomas cook travel agent, and managed to get a fake 20 euro note, arrived in austria on a skiing holiday, and used his euros to buy his lift pass, the fake euro was detected by the cashier and he was arrested. Spent 2days in cells, they searched his room and opened Christmas cards and presents, released with a fine.Another lad sent his granny to the post office to get his euros, bloke in a suit standing outside the post office sold granny euros at a better deal.the lad passed a fifty euro note at the shop whilst on holiday, him and his girlfriend were arrested spent two weeks in detention, had a 3000 bale put on both of them which they couldn't afford. She was released after the solicitor talked him in to pleading guilty. He was told if he did this he would get a fine and a suspended sentence. Judge sentenced him with 8 months imprisonment and was released after 5months.It's just a word of warning but check your euros carefully when you get them.

he got 10 months in nicosia and served 8 months actually.

but top advice to check euros carefully

watermarks on left should only be visible in light and not printed.

holograms should switch from denomination to a picture.

for this reason I always get mine from a cashpoint abroad thanks to halifax clarity cards and (best exchange rates) and check them carefully.
ive got 1000 euros left from our holiday i live in bournemouth so find your best rate with all fees and ill match it with no fees just pm me with the link for the best rate you find and we can help each other win-win if bournemouth is ok for you

to mods not sure if this is ok so sorry if not
M&S are pretty good
q44q

ive got 1000 euros left from our holiday i live in bournemouth so find … ive got 1000 euros left from our holiday i live in bournemouth so find your best rate with all fees and ill match it with no fees just pm me with the link for the best rate you find and we can help each other win-win if bournemouth is ok for youto mods not sure if this is ok so sorry if not

Do you stand outside Post Offices in suits sometimes?
MadeDixonsCry

Do you stand outside Post Offices in suits sometimes?

NO
saw this post and just thought it was a good idea for them and me is all

Cheers for the offer mate, but went with Tesco's as they were the best for the amount I was wanting.

q44q

ive got 1000 euros left from our holiday i live in bournemouth so find … ive got 1000 euros left from our holiday i live in bournemouth so find your best rate with all fees and ill match it with no fees just pm me with the link for the best rate you find and we can help each other win-win if bournemouth is ok for youto mods not sure if this is ok so sorry if not

[quote=feeder16]Cheers for the offer mate, but went with Tesco's as they were the best for the amount I was wanting.

ok have a good holiday
should have mentioned travelex in my earlier post also but you've already got your euros lol.

how many did u get/rate out of curiosity?

1.127 Euros to the Pound I got! and no commission / charges

I checked Travelex but you had to load up a card or somert

numptyj

should have mentioned travelex in my earlier post also but you've already … should have mentioned travelex in my earlier post also but you've already got your euros lol.how many did u get/rate out of curiosity?

Edited by: "feeder16" 31st May 2011
feeder16

112.7 Euros to the Pound I got!I checked Travelex but you had to load up … 112.7 Euros to the Pound I got!I checked Travelex but you had to load up a card or somert

i think you mean 1.127 to the pound lol. If you got 112.7 euros for 1 quid I'll be going to tesco later

cheers for that.
feeder16

112.7 Euros to the Pound I got!I checked Travelex but you had to load up … 112.7 Euros to the Pound I got!I checked Travelex but you had to load up a card or somert

Dont think anyone could beat that. (_;)

Haha Yeah thats the one!

numptyj

i think you mean 1.127 to the pound lol. If you got 112.7 euros for 1 … i think you mean 1.127 to the pound lol. If you got 112.7 euros for 1 quid I'll be going to tesco later :pcheers for that.

amfan

Dont think anyone could beat that. (_;)

What about the shifty guy outside the post office?
Scrap that don't go with Tesco's there arseholes with **** for brains!
We're on the rise tooooot toooot!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants