Found 3rd Jun
Which is the best currency card to take to Mallorca this year?
Any thoughts on this please?
I already have Halifax Clarity but we're going with family so to be able to get cash will be better for sharing bills etc.
Any info much appreciated. Thanks all x

1. Ask
  2. Card
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Card
15 Comments

I prefer Revolut but most are same and u can load them just before you go to ATM too

imagine Curve

I use my Halifax Clarity for cash...

Use Halifax clarity too

Original Poster

dcx_badass

​what about paying interest though? is there a way to set up to pay as soon as you've drawn.. because interest kicks in straight away on cash withdrawals?

the interest charged is not much if you pay as soon as you get home and the better exchange rates you get far outweighs the interest

Clarity is the best. Interest is hardly anything
I withdrew alot and charged alot (over £500) i think interest was £1.50 or similar.
It was the best rate even with the interest included.

Original Poster

just wondering if maybe worth making over payment before I go.
.....just read about the Barclaycard travel card. sounds OK.

I'd say revolut too but they've recently reduced the free atm limit to £200. unless you have premium then that's £400. still works out cheap even if you do go over it. Just pay your share with card though, no limits then

No interest on foreign cash withdrawals on the Barclaycard Platinum Travel Card if you pay in full on receipt of statement: Up to 56 days interest free on all non-sterling cash withdrawals if you pay your main balance in full and on time each month from here

I love revolut but also have travelex. The free Wi-Fi is handy too.

dcx_badass

Interest is barely anything, and if you pay it off the same month you pay none, even if you do pay some, as mentioned it's under £1 per £100 per month afaik.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 3rd Jun

Original Poster

thanks for help all. just to decide now lol x

monzo! best card ever. used it for 4 weeks in south Africa and Botswana.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions