Groups

CURRENT BEST BT BROADBAND/TV DEAL OR SKY?

Hi guys,

anyone aware please of the current best BT/SKY TV with fibre broadband deals? Or SKy friends and family? Don't even mind paying towards a code.

Virgin are really annoying me, price hikes every 3/4 months, gone from 60 to nearly 80 pounds in a year.

50-100mb broadband needed. Basic TV with Sky 1, kids stuff etc would be good? If any friend and family or super deals about I will take sports etc.

Thanks a lot!

26 Comments

phone virgin customer services and ask to get put through to the cancellation department, theyll ask why and explain you have a contract and prices keep going up..

customer services for me reduced my plan by £9/m, I then still went through to the cancellation department, and got another £6/m off taking up a 12m renewed contract.

I reduced my £37.25 bill by £15 bringing it down to £22.25, i went and accepted the offer, and then called back the next day and went to the cancellation department again said I changed my mind about renewing, and got another £3.25 off, with a 12month contract, and got assured it would be fixed price..

-give it a try only cost a phone call and you may get a better price like me

Talktalk £27 per month £50 welcome credit. 38mb fibre upgradable to 76mb for an extra £5 per month. Comes with you view box with kids channels included. Sky sports is also on as an addon for cheap.

Virgin media are alot better than talktalk worth the call

oh and ask for contract sent via post, send a picture to topcashback and maybe theyll give cashback on the purchase, (waiting on mine, so fingers crossed)

Original Poster

centurion01

phone virgin customer services and ask to get put through to the … phone virgin customer services and ask to get put through to the cancellation department, theyll ask why and explain you have a contract and prices keep going up..customer services for me reduced my plan by £9/m, I then still went through to the cancellation department, and got another £6/m off taking up a 12m renewed contract.I reduced my £37.25 bill by £15 bringing it down to £22.25, i went and accepted the offer, and then called back the next day and went to the cancellation department again said I changed my mind about renewing, and got another £3.25 off, with a 12month contract, and got assured it would be fixed price..-give it a try only cost a phone call and you may get a better price like me

Thanks a lot. I will try this and see what happens. Worth it as I'm willing to leave any how!

Original Poster

dealer221

Talktalk £27 per month £50 welcome credit. 38mb fibre upgradable to 76mb f … Talktalk £27 per month £50 welcome credit. 38mb fibre upgradable to 76mb for an extra £5 per month. Comes with you view box with kids channels included. Sky sports is also on as an addon for cheap.

Thanks mate. Experience with Talk Talk as of late? Had them years ago and the internet was a constant drop out, perhaps changed??

Look at SSE for phone & Broadband. £21 for fast fibre, line rental, 24/7 calls (max 70 mins each but just redial), also includes calls to 20 countries(max 600 mins month if memory serves). They do not advertise this and there are no cashbacks or vouchers. I have had no problem with them and get double the speed that Sky said I could get with them. Between 38 and 65 megs which is quite ample for my family use. Realise that this is only for Phone & broadband but cheap for what youy get.
    Edited by: "webbozen" 17th Oct 2016

Forgot to add this link for details if allowed
    SSE packages

Just grabbed a sky package with line rental, 38mb unlimited fibre, sky q box 1tb, box sets bundle, sky q router and £30 account credit for £31 per month! Just phoned em up and asked what was the best deal they could do.

Crazygooner1

Thanks mate. Experience with Talk Talk as of late? Had them years ago and … Thanks mate. Experience with Talk Talk as of late? Had them years ago and the internet was a constant drop out, perhaps changed??

I'm with Talktalk, have been since July. They're not so good, line does drop out, few weeks ago it was off for an hour on the weekend. Plus they inject advertisements by taking over your DNS. They just upped their prices this past week and are trying to blackmail customers who are already under contract to accept a ~5% price increase with a "promise of no more price increases for the rest of your contract". As if I believe that tripe. Going to leave them for Sky or BT, whoever has a decent offer in the next few weeks.

SSE are bad as well, they traffic shape/throttle, avoid at all costs no matter how good their deals are.

Crazygooner1

Thanks mate. Experience with Talk Talk as of late? Had them years ago and … Thanks mate. Experience with Talk Talk as of late? Had them years ago and the internet was a constant drop out, perhaps changed??

Been good for me when had them for 18 months ago but Virgin offered a cheaper deal. Virgin are known to offer rubbish deals to existing customers and good deals to new customers. Talktalk will offer good deals but will not be able to best Virgin on speed

PenguinsForAll

I'm with Talktalk, have been since July. They're not so good, line does … I'm with Talktalk, have been since July. They're not so good, line does drop out, few weeks ago it was off for an hour on the weekend. Plus they inject advertisements by taking over your DNS. They just upped their prices this past week and are trying to blackmail customers who are already under contract to accept a ~5% price increase with a "promise of no more price increases for the rest of your contract". As if I believe that tripe. Going to leave them for Sky or BT, whoever has a decent offer in the next few weeks.SSE are bad as well, they traffic shape/throttle, avoid at all costs no matter how good their deals are.

What do you mean by hey inject advertisements by taking over your DNS

Crazygooner1

Talktalk provides me with terrible internet speed and constantly drops, Im leaving them for virgin or other

dealer221

What do you mean by hey inject advertisements by taking over your DNS

Domain Name Servers (DNS) are the Internet's equivalent of a phone book. They maintain a directory of domain names and translate them to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. This is necessary because, although domain names are easy for people to remember, computers or machines, access websites based on IP addresses.

In a normal world when you type a website name incorrectly your browser will come up with a plain page saying "Server not found" or something similar - because the DNS "phone book" has no results for your mis-spelt website name.

With Talktalk using a custom DNS - any website that does not exist (spelt wrongly for example) will result in Talktalk loading up a page full of advertising with things such as 'Did you mean?'.

For example if you typed addidas.co.uk (spelt wrongly), normally you would get a simple "Server not found" - with Talktalk they will load up a page full of advertisements linking to any number of websites where they can make commission on anything you buy.

This also opens you up to malware through advertising, which is a huge problem. If you are not running an adblocker like ublock origin, you really should be.

Talktalk customers have had huge problems with DNS ad-jacking. Originally when it was first implemented by Talktalk, people were unable to opt-out. They were then forced to allow people to opt-out, which didn't work and still does not work. So if you're unfortunate enough to be with Talktalk, you must go into the router settings and set up your own DNS - which for most people out there, is a bit too confusing/complicated to do.

Very dodgy thing they're doing, i'm still surprised they are allowed to get away with it. That along with the whole data breach, they are a píss poor company.

Type Talktalk DNS adjacking into google and have a good ponder if you're still not convinced.
    Edited by: "PenguinsForAll" 17th Oct 2016

Talk talk have just lost us as customers , really slow speeds and constantly dropping out in the evenings. Got a decent BT deal with nearly £200 cashback in total, which I'm swapping to on 1st Nov as they had a fairly long wait in our area to move to them. Can't be worse and I'll avoid talk talks price increase.

splitprism

Just grabbed a sky package with line rental, 38mb unlimited fibre, sky q … Just grabbed a sky package with line rental, 38mb unlimited fibre, sky q box 1tb, box sets bundle, sky q router and £30 account credit for £31 per month! Just phoned em up and asked what was the best deal they could do.

Was that including line rental?

sherbolton

I phoned sky and was told the same deal and i said its expensive as same deal was for £26.31 a week ago and ended. Then i was offered same deal for £21.31

Original Poster

Well guys. After phoning Sky, Virgin and BT the best I found was.

Virgin 100mb all in for £29 per month for 12 months.

Sky Q , complete set, including sports movies and Sky go for £30 per month. For 12 months.

Not to bad?

sherbolton

​Yes, line rental was discounted to about £11 per month, box sets £10 and fibre £10.

seemapuki

I phoned sky and was told the same deal and i said its expensive as same … I phoned sky and was told the same deal and i said its expensive as same deal was for £26.31 a week ago and ended. Then i was offered same deal for £21.31

I went on live chat and the deal was rubbish, what number do I call?

Just had to cancel my sky. I'm currently on fibre
    unlimited bb and original tv package for £27.40. Just had virgin media lines installed in my area and a salesman called offering two tivo boxes, 100mb bb, weekend calls and all channels other than sports and movies for £30pm inclusive of line renta plus he will pay my exit fee for bb as I'm in contract until March. Sky won't budge on my current price. Seemed like a decent deal

PenguinsForAll

I'm with Talktalk, have been since July. They're not so good, line does … I'm with Talktalk, have been since July. They're not so good, line does drop out, few weeks ago it was off for an hour on the weekend. Plus they inject advertisements by taking over your DNS. They just upped their prices this past week and are trying to blackmail customers who are already under contract to accept a ~5% price increase with a "promise of no more price increases for the rest of your contract". As if I believe that tripe. Going to leave them for Sky or BT, whoever has a decent offer in the next few weeks.SSE are bad as well, they traffic shape/throttle, avoid at all costs no matter how good their deals are.

easily fixed by just changing DNS servers to OpenDNS or Google though
    Edited by: "Uridium" 21st Oct 2016

Uridium

easily fixed by just changing DNS servers to OpenDNS or Google though

Yup easy for people who know about it. The average customer has no idea about any of it.

zoeh86

Just had to cancel my sky. I'm currently on fibre unlimited bb and … Just had to cancel my sky. I'm currently on fibre unlimited bb and original tv package for £27.40. Just had virgin media lines installed in my area and a salesman called offering two tivo boxes, 100mb bb, weekend calls and all channels other than sports and movies for £30pm inclusive of line renta plus he will pay my exit fee for bb as I'm in contract until March. Sky won't budge on my current price. Seemed like a decent deal

Virgin BB is great, TV not so, Tivo is an awful clunky think. good thing is though once you've seen out your Virgin 12mth contract Sky will be begging you back with a 50% off deal with no contract :-)
    Then you can keep the Virgin BB and switch the TV back to Sky :-)

sherbolton

I went on live chat and the deal was rubbish, what number do I call?

03442 411 653

centurion01

phone virgin customer services and ask to get put through to the … phone virgin customer services and ask to get put through to the cancellation department, theyll ask why and explain you have a contract and prices keep going up..customer services for me reduced my plan by £9/m, I then still went through to the cancellation department, and got another £6/m off taking up a 12m renewed contract.I reduced my £37.25 bill by £15 bringing it down to £22.25, i went and accepted the offer, and then called back the next day and went to the cancellation department again said I changed my mind about renewing, and got another £3.25 off, with a 12month contract, and got assured it would be fixed price..-give it a try only cost a phone call and you may get a better price like me

​hi what do u get thy only rang me once offrd 76mb for 18 i said no they didnt ring bk goes of 2 mor nw im stuck what to do i was with them for 14 years0
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714463
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767185
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553762
      4. word association Game73844456

See more discussions