Expired

Current cheapest place for a Canon 6d?

Found 3rd Feb 2014
As above.

Feeling a bit reckless and think I'm finally going to putt the trigger on a Canon 6d Body Only.

Grey Imports are fine from a reputable dealer (DigitalRev etc.)

Panamoz.com have it for £934.80 - can anyone beat that?

Cheers in advance
Community Updates
AskCanon
10 Comments
Do you trust panamoz?

Ive been trying to find info about them and can't really find anyone who's bought from them
Huggett93

Do you trust panamoz? Ive been trying to find info about them and can't … Do you trust panamoz? Ive been trying to find info about them and can't really find anyone who's bought from them

Yeah, loads of good reviews on AVforums and another photography website I use
A friend of mine was selling a 5d the other week with grip a lens and 3 battery's for £900
Wow! That's a great price!
I clicked the trigger at £1090 from Park (from memory), a UK Canon dealer whose price was a combination of a special deal from them and with Canon cash back.
I bought it body only too, and then took a leap of faith by transferring a little short of £500 to Panamoz's bank account for a 24-105mm lens. I did this after checking in detail their reputation on trusted sources like you did. The lens arrived quickly with no problems. I was very satisfied and am keen to buy more lenses from them in the future.

As for 6D over 5D2 - 6D is entry-grade as opposed to pro-sumer but several years newer so for all the features cut or sacrificed, there are some gained and I personally preferred the feel and user experience of the 6D considerably more than the 5D2.
The 5D3 is unanimously better rated than the 6D but comes at double the price.
The 6D is a lovely camera, you'll really enjoy using it and if your budget is anything like mine, will be your only opportunity to get into FF photography.
DennisG

Wow! That's a great price!I clicked the trigger at £1090 from Park (from … Wow! That's a great price!I clicked the trigger at £1090 from Park (from memory), a UK Canon dealer whose price was a combination of a special deal from them and with Canon cash back.I bought it body only too, and then took a leap of faith by transferring a little short of £500 to Panamoz's bank account for a 24-105mm lens. I did this after checking in detail their reputation on trusted sources like you did. The lens arrived quickly with no problems. I was very satisfied and am keen to buy more lenses from them in the future.As for 6D over 5D2 - 6D is entry-grade as opposed to pro-sumer but several years newer so for all the features cut or sacrificed, there are some gained and I personally preferred the feel and user experience of the 6D considerably more than the 5D2.The 5D3 is unanimously better rated than the 6D but comes at double the price.The 6D is a lovely camera, you'll really enjoy using it and if your budget is anything like mine, will be your only opportunity to get into FF photography.

The price I quoted is with the bank transfer, which I was a little sceptical about but I've read many, many good things about them.

I already have a 24-105 which I really like, and bought an 85mm 1.8 to replace my ef-s 60mm macro in preparation for full frame. I'm going from a 40d so hope to notice quite a difference, especially at higher ISO which my 40d really struggles with.

If I could afford it I would definitely go for the 5d iii, but I can't justify that sort of cost, I was toying between the 6d and a second hand 5d ii, but the general opinion seemed to be that they were very similar, with the 6d having a few 'extra' features like WiFi etc. - plus it would be nice to have a shiny new new body (which I've never had - second hand 20d to a second hand 40d)

I suppose I just want someone to order it for me and stop me dithering!
I've never used wifi and only once tried the app for novelty effect!
I LOVE the low light performance. So many stops of benefit, which would cost a load if you went for faster lenses (look at the price difference between 85 1.2 and 1.8 - apart from the DoF, you can make up the shortfall with a higher ISO and still get a fantastic image). I keep mine at ~4000 at night and never spot any grain.
I'm also a big fan of the silent mode.

You'll be very happy with your purchase. It's smaller, lighter and considerably more powerful, just be aware that wide means wide on FF!!
Terrabytes

Ask if they can price match this … Ask if they can price match this seller:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS-6D-WG-Version-DSLR-Body-WIFI-GPS-Camera-U3811-/380536149690?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item5899b8d6baElse wait for a Canon Outlet offer on Ebay - the EOS 6D 24-105 IS lens kit sells for £1199.99 plus £2.95 when it's available and the lens is worth around £350+ on its own.

I've never seen them on the outlet. I haven't checked for a while. Not sure I could be bothered to keep checking to be honest.
Terrabytes

They had 5 a fortnight ago, but some beggar bought all 5!! … They had 5 a fortnight ago, but some beggar bought all 5!! 8)http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS-6D-DSLR-Camera-24-105mm-IS-Lens-Refurbished-1-Yr-Warranty-/281246498260?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item417b98fdd4

Damn. Definitely would have bought one. Don't really know how people manage to get them though, just lucky to happen to see it on there?
I had a 50d and decided to buy the 6D with 24-105... From digital rev... It arrived in 2 days and way cheaper than UK places... As for the performance... It's amazing! The shots are far more detailed than my 50D... Highly recommended!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants