Groups

Current Passport Renewal Time?

Has anyone renewed their passport recently? If so, can you let me know if it was within the 3 week time given as guidance? gov.uk/ren…ort

With everyone claiming their Irish passports and it still being a popular travel time I'm wondering if things are taking a bit longer.

10 Comments

i litterally had mine back last week as i lost my other one i sent form off on the thursday and had my new passport the following friday so it took a week and a day

Original Poster

Great - thanks Louise. Did you use the Post Office’s Passport Check and Send service?

Still interested to hear from anyone else with their recent experiences.
    Edited by: "morgie" 1st Sep 2016

I renewed mine a few months ago with a new photo. Did it independently so didn't use the check and send service. Got it back within a week so very fast turnaround

I submitted my own photo taken on iphone, it was accepted, sent old passport back Monday afternoon , had new passport Friday morning. No forms to fill or finding someone to countersign photo, took 6 attempts at photo before it was acceptable.

Edited by: "ellenw" 1st Sep 2016

Renewed recently. Did it myself and had it back within a week.

If you do it online, last month it took me 2 weeks max
    Edited by: "IndianaBlues" 1st Sep 2016

Original Poster

Thanks all.

Original Poster

ellenw

I submitted my own photo taken on iphone, it was accepted, sent old … I submitted my own photo taken on iphone, it was accepted, sent old passport back Monday afternoon , had new passport Friday morning. No forms to fill or finding someone to countersign photo, took 6 attempts at photo before it was acceptable.

Was that the photo rejecting automatically online, or manually once they'd received? I've done it online now, it accepted the pic but then the preview that is automated cropped the very top of my head. Pretty sure with the full photo manually it'll be fine.

morgie

Was that the photo rejecting automatically online, or manually once … Was that the photo rejecting automatically online, or manually once they'd received? I've done it online now, it accepted the pic but then the preview that is automated cropped the very top of my head. Pretty sure with the full photo manually it'll be fine.

I had a few photo's rejected automatically, my last attempt was accepted, I think it will be fine, so much easier isn't it . I sent my old passport signed for 1st class & new one courier delivered for a couple of pounds extra.

Original Poster

Not sure I'm going to beat the week turnarounds at the moment, but hopefully within two. Applied online Saturday, posted the old one back on Monday First Class Signed For, which didn't arrive until Wednesday.....now in the queue.

http://i.imgbox.com/E50gyWEg.png

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions