Curry haggle price?

Found 18th Sep 2017
Has anyone ever had success with haggling down a lroducts price from Currys over the phone? TIA
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I wouldn't of thought you'd have much luck, there are codes available for various products.
don't think they are a name your price kind of shop
Try it -and let us know .
I think you may struggle as its call centre staff with no discretion to lower prices.
You may have better chance in store.
Would love to know how you get on. What product is it you want to negotiate on?
Edited by: "ran123ran" 18th Sep 2017
you can only haggle in shops that are ran by the owners themselves. people who work for currys do not own the shop so they have no power to offer reductions.
Can you order anything over the phone?
mutley12 h, 48 m ago

you can only haggle in shops that are ran by the owners themselves. …you can only haggle in shops that are ran by the owners themselves. people who work for currys do not own the shop so they have no power to offer reductions.

A few years back my friend was getting kitchen fitted and decided to renew the appliances. She bought intergrated washing machine, fridge freezer, oven and hob and got free kettle and toaster of her choice after negotiating with manager. Cant remember if it was Currys or Comet though.
managers can do a discretionary discount should it be worth their while. not normally easily obtainable. going for service plans nad additional over priced essetials will help you get that discount
Currys do price Match.. Iv just got the new dyson last week Currys price £512 .. only paid £399 as they price matched with John Lewis
mutley118th Sep

you can only haggle in shops that are ran by the owners themselves. …you can only haggle in shops that are ran by the owners themselves. people who work for currys do not own the shop so they have no power to offer reductions.

You can haggle in Currys. My dad always used to do it. Only works when you're spending a big sum of money though. The manager has some discretion and they do have a monthly "quota" of discounts they can hand out.

For example, If you're spending £1000+ and wanted a £40 game, they might throw that in if the alternative is you shopping somewhere else. They won't sell you the £40 game for £30 because you asked nicely
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants