Expired

Currys 5 year guarantee

Found 1st Mar
***If this isn't for misc, please feel to moderate/move***

This is in regards to a specific TV linked in the expired deal below, but might possibly apply to other products too.

hotukdeals.com/dea…517

Along with several other people, I purchased that Sony TV on a price match from Currys.
The website indicated (and still does) that it comes with a 5 year warranty. The sales chap on the phone confirmed the same.

However, once the TV and paperwork arrived, there is nothing indicating a warranty beyond the 1 year manufacturer.
Currys customer service told me to speak to Sony as they felt the 5 year warranty is through the manufacturer.
Sony customer service (after checking a few details) advised the warranty is through Currys.
Back and forth once more between the two.
Have raised a complaint and am awaiting feedback and clarification from Currys.

I know of one other person who is in the same situation.

Did anyone else here purchase this TV from Currys on a price match, and do you have any evidence of a 5 year warranty?
I would strongly urge people to go check their warranty situation (and feedback here please?).

Would be interested in hearing others experiences with situations like this where there is hassle over a 5 year warranty from Currys.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Ive purchase a different TV from Currys with free 5 year Warranty. You do not get any paper work. However, It is on their systems. The warranty is provided by Currys only after first year as first year is with manufacturer.

Do note this warranty is not the same as the chargable service they offer including mishaps and other benefits.
I would send an email to their ceo customer service team, reall only way to get any senses and they responded in 24 hours on the time I used them. That way you have it writing when things go wrong.

ceoemail.com/s.p…ive
pricesavvy18 m ago

Ive purchase a different TV from Currys with free 5 year Warranty. You do …Ive purchase a different TV from Currys with free 5 year Warranty. You do not get any paper work. However, It is on their systems. The warranty is provided by Currys only after first year as first year is with manufacturer. Do note this warranty is not the same as the chargable service they offer including mishaps and other benefits.

Hi, thanks for the info.
What evidence do you have that your TV has 5 years cover?
If you reported a fault after a year and Currys asked you for proof, what can you show them?

Currys have nothing on their system pertaining to a 5 year warranty for my TV, even though it's clearly shown on the website, next to the picture of the TV in question.
Uranus1st Mar

Hi, thanks for the info.What evidence do you have that your TV has 5 years …Hi, thanks for the info.What evidence do you have that your TV has 5 years cover?If you reported a fault after a year and Currys asked you for proof, what can you show them?Currys have nothing on their system pertaining to a 5 year warranty for my TV, even though it's clearly shown on the website, next to the picture of the TV in question.

As I purchased in store I was given a leaflet. I did query instore a week or so later about the warranty they checked on their system an printed me receipt which shown the expiry date of the warranty.
Usually with currys it's an additional warranty for years 2-5. Panasonic and LG give you 5 year warranty. What does receipt say? Your contract is with currys as they sold the product.
pricesavvy1st Mar

As I purchased in store I was given a leaflet. I did query instore a week …As I purchased in store I was given a leaflet. I did query instore a week or so later about the warranty they checked on their system an printed me receipt which shown the expiry date of the warranty.

This indicates the warranty is with currys after the first year. It was called know how last I heard.
Now sorted.
After much faffing around, I've been given a 5 year coverplan; 4 years plus the initial manufacturer warranty.

Pretty poor perfomance by Currys all round IMO.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants