Currys and TCB

Posted 19th Mar
Anyone bought from currys through TCB recently? I made an online order last night and it hasn't tracked. Normally it tracks within an hour.

I noticed a new layout on the currys website where it opens up a new page / new tab when you click on the item you want to buy so you can't buy directly on the first landing page / tab. This will no doubt make the referral link from TCB more difficult to track.

Anyone order recently and got their purchase to track on TCB?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
TCB gone sharply downhill, not even going to use them anymore!
Ask TCB.
The last thing that tracked for me was dated as the 31st January. Nothing since! Its almost like something changed on the 1st February and this has stopped them tracking. Have raised 7 missed cash back claims so far.
Rune_2H19/03/2020 10:57

Comment deleted

i have been using TCB regularly and they still seem ok. but it hasn't worked for currys. currys is having a bit of an issue at the moment anyway as i can't log into my account as it won't accept my password and although i can reset it, it still won't accept the new password. i have been told by currys to use a new email address to set up a new account.

i made the purchase as a guest last night as i couldn't log into my currys account and i had to use a different email address to check out as it wouldn't accept my normal email address because that is already registered on the system and i can't log into that account.
I ordered a washing machine for my mother a couple of days ago via Quidco. Just checked, that hasn't tracked.
bogglebrain19/03/2020 11:20

I ordered a washing machine for my mother a couple of days ago via Quidco. …I ordered a washing machine for my mother a couple of days ago via Quidco. Just checked, that hasn't tracked.

Quidco is the worse. They come always up with some rubbish and decline to pay.
Still waiting for payout for purchase made start of December.
Cancel your order . Avoid Curry's . Find a alternative seller for the same price . Will end up less hassle . Curry's after sales is disgraceful
dezbo888819/03/2020 11:51

Cancel your order . Avoid Curry's . Find a alternative seller for the same …Cancel your order . Avoid Curry's . Find a alternative seller for the same price . Will end up less hassle . Curry's after sales is disgraceful

my personal experience with currys has been very good, including after sales. it is cheapest there for what i am buying as the item is currently on sale.
Over the last 18 months ive purchased 2 things from currys via tcb. A 4ktv which i should have got around £14 cashback and a dishwasher which i should have around £8 cashback. Both rejected by currys, i had proof of purchase, but somehow currys had different dates to purchase date by 2 days. I did contest it but again rejected. Normally no problems with tcb on other purchases but i think currys is a big con.
mutley119/03/2020 12:29

my personal experience with currys has been very good, including after …my personal experience with currys has been very good, including after sales. it is cheapest there for what i am buying as the item is currently on sale.

My personal experience is very bad and will not be back EVER. Had to go through a big hassle to get a TomTom repaired after it stopped working after 15 days . They were not interested in helping until letters/emails/photos/videos were sent to head office .
I've found alternative and sometime cheaper sellers ie John Lewis (no quibble policy )
dezbo888819/03/2020 14:30

My personal experience is very bad and will not be back EVER. Had to go …My personal experience is very bad and will not be back EVER. Had to go through a big hassle to get a TomTom repaired after it stopped working after 15 days . They were not interested in helping until letters/emails/photos/videos were sent to head office .

yeah. some people have said they had problems with currys. i have bought quite a lof of stuff from them, mainly kitchen appliances and they have been very good at delivery and connecting up etc. when i had a problem with a washing machine connection that they did, they redunded me the connection fee. an oven that i bought them broke within the 12 months warranty and it was their own brand so they sent an egineer round very quickly to fix it.

i guess i have been lucky with them or maybe their kitchen appliances departments are better than other departments.
mutley119/03/2020 15:42

yeah. some people have said they had problems with currys. i have bought …yeah. some people have said they had problems with currys. i have bought quite a lof of stuff from them, mainly kitchen appliances and they have been very good at delivery and connecting up etc. when i had a problem with a washing machine connection that they did, they redunded me the connection fee. an oven that i bought them broke within the 12 months warranty and it was their own brand so they sent an egineer round very quickly to fix it.i guess i have been lucky with them or maybe their kitchen appliances departments are better than other departments.

I wouldn't pay someone to plug something in or take so something away .I also will not be conned into buying additional warranty . My advise shop around John Lewis have price matched most things .
dezbo888819/03/2020 16:33

I wouldn't pay someone to plug something in or take so something away .I …I wouldn't pay someone to plug something in or take so something away .I also will not be conned into buying additional warranty . My advise shop around John Lewis have price matched most things .

i pay them to plumb in the washing machine and dishwasher at my mum's and at rental properties. i do it myself at our home and at my dad's. they don't really charge much to plumb the machines in so it is not too bad. i have no facility to take the old machines down the tip as they are too heavy so i pay them to take the machines away. they don't charge a lot for this either. i must try to remember that john lewis does price match as i keep forgettig that. that is good to know.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants