Currys apple trade in help

Found 25th Oct 2012
Hi I am looking at buying my son a MacBook for Xmas and currys currently have a deal with cash back for your old laptop, has anyone used this ? Or does anyone know if this would include a Toshiba windows 7 net book ?
Thanks

6 Comments

Saying that I'd like to know too, I have a 15" Mid 09 MacBook Pro 2.66ghz model top spec for it's time, I'd like to see how much that's worth trade in

Original Poster

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Here is the link, is says £100 for laptop, £150 for windows7 laptop. Just not sure wether a NetBook is counted. Deal finishes today. Do you think I could buy, not open the box then wait and see if claim is authorised, if not then take back for refund?

-£350 cashback when you trade in an iMac, MacBook Air or MacBook
-£250 cashback when you trade a MacBook
-£150 cashback when you trade in a Windows 7 laptopNot Netbook
-£100 cashback with you trade in other laptops

Terms & Conditions
Trade in product must be less than 6 years old unless it is an iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or Win 7 laptop, in which case it must be no more than 3 years old. See the Currys website for a full set of terms and conditions

I would ring them ask if they will accept a Netbook first & offer ends today 25th October 2012

Edited by: "OldEnglish" 25th Oct 2012

Original Poster

Just got off phone to currys customer service, not very helpful they do not know if netbooks are included or not. Was like speaking to my teenagers

No... i would have a good read of the full T & C HERE

14.If your trade in product does not meet the criteria your rebate may be revalued or your claim rejected..

16.If your trade in product is revalued you will be notified of the fair valuation by email. From the date the revaluation is sent, you have 10 days to accept or decline the proposed rebate payment. If no reply is received the valuation will be automatically accepted and processed for payment. You may elect to decline the revaluation and have the trade in product returned for a fee of £15, payable by you in advance before its return. (_;)
Edited by: "OldEnglish" 25th Oct 2012

onthelook

Just got off phone to currys customer service, not very helpful they do … Just got off phone to currys customer service, not very helpful they do not know if netbooks are included or not. Was like speaking to my teenagers

I would say they won't accept it being a Netbook or they will offer you a silly price for it & if you don't accept they will hold your Netbook to ransom until you cough up £15 lol

Crap tbh (_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants