Currys damaged stock received

Posted 14th Apr
I’ve just received an item I ordered from Currys and it’s damaged (PS4 game)

Tried contacting 3 times via phone now and I wait for around an hour on hold for someone to answer just for it to cut off on me each time.

I’ve emailed but who knows when I’ll get a reply.

Has anyone ever received something damaged from Currys? If so how were you dealt with? Just want to know so I can see what to expect

The item is now out of stock also too apparently
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Contacting Currys would be the first port of call.
28 Comments
fearona14/04/2020 16:09

Trying to but it’s difficult at the mo. Just wondering what experience people have had so I know what to expect though..
Just curious, in what way has it been damaged?
CupN00dle14/04/2020 16:12

Trying to but it’s difficult at the mo. Just wondering what experience p …Trying to but it’s difficult at the mo. Just wondering what experience people have had so I know what to expect though..

Download WEQ4U and they will stay on hold for you.....
Haircut_10014/04/2020 16:42

Just curious, in what way has it been damaged?

Smashed case and disc is loose inside
40410858-l4P91.jpg
abdul514/04/2020 16:43

Download WEQ4U and they will stay on hold for you.....

Doesn’t work as you need to type in options. Tried this 😩 doesn’t let me press any options to navigate
CupN00dle14/04/2020 16:50

Doesn’t work as you need to type in options. Tried this 😩 doesn’t let me …Doesn’t work as you need to type in options. Tried this 😩 doesn’t let me press any options to navigate

Get it to the department you need to speak to and use app
I used it for another company 2 days ago
35 minutes wait
Very useful
Bought loads of new games that came loose inside the case, and are rattling around. Your only gripe is the damage case.
CupN00dle14/04/2020 16:44

Smashed case and disc is loose inside[Image]

If you haven't opened it yet are your sure that the disc is loose and it isn't just an insert rattling around? Sorry if that sounds like a silly question.
Haircut_10014/04/2020 17:20

If you haven't opened it yet are your sure that the disc is loose and it …If you haven't opened it yet are your sure that the disc is loose and it isn't just an insert rattling around? Sorry if that sounds like a silly question.

Definitely the disc. It’s too heavy to be any remnants of the case. I’d upload a video but won’t let me
Good luck with Curry's. I had a damaged chair arrive. Exactly the same phone situation, never answered, spent hours trying to get through. Emailed them then got a reply saying someone would get back to me in 5-7 working days. Far too long for a response on damaged goods. Glued the multiple pieces of plastic back together and decided not to order from them again, not worth the hassle.
id open it as long as it works,just put it down to bad luck,you say item is out of stock so all you will get is the refund.
CupN00dle14/04/2020 17:23

Definitely the disc. It’s too heavy to be any remnants of the case. I’d upl …Definitely the disc. It’s too heavy to be any remnants of the case. I’d upload a video but won’t let me

I've received quite a few loose discs rattling about in the box and tbh,they've been fine (they can take a fair bit of punishment,unlike a dvd )
...and as you mention the game now being oos,a replacement seems unlikely Perhaps picking up a cheap replacement case from the likes of CeX might be an option at some stage....just a thought that's all
Sonofclara14/04/2020 18:07

I've received quite a few loose discs rattling about in the box and …I've received quite a few loose discs rattling about in the box and tbh,they've been fine (they can take a fair bit of punishment,unlike a dvd )...and as you mention the game now being oos,a replacement seems unlikely Perhaps picking up a cheap replacement case from the likes of CeX might be an option at some stage....just a thought that's all

The disc is usually fine yes. But not the point when it’s a sealed unit is it really? 😩 I mean could have been a rare game with substantial value. I dunno I don’t think I’m expecting too much for something back to at least replaced the damaged case am I?
Shevchenko14/04/2020 17:47

Good luck with Curry's. I had a damaged chair arrive. Exactly the same …Good luck with Curry's. I had a damaged chair arrive. Exactly the same phone situation, never answered, spent hours trying to get through. Emailed them then got a reply saying someone would get back to me in 5-7 working days. Far too long for a response on damaged goods. Glued the multiple pieces of plastic back together and decided not to order from them again, not worth the hassle.

I’ve never had an issue and their customer service in some departments have been great. Like they price matched their own price once as it dropped a week later so gave me a refund on it.

But unsure how they deal with damaged goods so you’re not filling me with hope 😩
jamstaruk197214/04/2020 18:01

id open it as long as it works,just put it down to bad luck,you say item …id open it as long as it works,just put it down to bad luck,you say item is out of stock so all you will get is the refund.

Reluctant to open it until I get a response really. I’m in no rush to play it just wanna see who’s had experience with them
If you aren’t getting anywhere then their top CS team will help, in normal times you get a response in 24 hours.

ceoemail.com/s.p…045
CupN00dle14/04/2020 18:13

I’ve never had an issue and their customer service in some departments h …I’ve never had an issue and their customer service in some departments have been great. Like they price matched their own price once as it dropped a week later so gave me a refund on it. But unsure how they deal with damaged goods so you’re not filling me with hope 😩

Haha, sorry about that but I have to be honest!

That's just a personal experience, you do usually only hear the bad ones. I'm sure people have had excellent levels of service from them previously. I might just have been unlucky.
Shevchenko14/04/2020 18:35

Haha, sorry about that but I have to be honest!That's just a personal …Haha, sorry about that but I have to be honest!That's just a personal experience, you do usually only hear the bad ones. I'm sure people have had excellent levels of service from them previously. I might just have been unlucky.

You’re right on only hearing bad reviews. People are quick to criticise nowadays eh.

To be fair I praised them on here for how they dealt with my issue with my PS4 Pro. Bought it for £299 and they price matched themselves to £249 so refunded me £50. Was nice of them and they could have said no realy
I'm sure everyone knows how to do this technique and obviously of no use in this instance

Surprised no ones mentioned the problems virtually all store good n bad, with so many personal and delivery drivers being not available.
RamsMax14/04/2020 18:43

@CupN00dle Try live chat currys.co.uk/gbuk/contact-us-1181-theme.htmlI …@CupN00dle Try live chat currys.co.uk/gbuk/contact-us-1181-theme.htmlI used it today as I received a Nintendo Switch with a damaged box from them and got a 10% refund

Tried that and it just boots me out before it even starts properly
CupN00dle14/04/2020 19:10

Tried that and it just boots me out before it even starts properly

I found clicking on the blue circle for live chat and choosing anything else got me to someone the quickest.
You could ask for compensation,maybe a voucher, and buy a replacement case or swap it for an older game case you already have?
When Cex reopens just buy Fifa 16 for 50p, pick the best condition case.
I_Wish14/04/2020 22:03

When Cex reopens just buy Fifa 16 for 50p, pick the best condition case.

I probably will but would rather have something done about this regardless. They send it in what I basically consider a sandwich bag that wasn’t clear. No padding whatsoever. If I can make the complaint then maybe they will use better things to send items in future to save anyone receiving damaged goods
The disc will be perfect, use the game and send an email to CS asking for a £3 discount. Not worth the time or hassle waiting for anyone to answer at the moment.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions