Currys delivery of washing machine

Found 2nd Apr 2016
My dad is expecting a washing machine delivery tomorrow from Currys. He has not paid for installation or removal, just the delivery option.

Anyone know if Currys will remove the packaging on the washing machine before placing it in the kitchen?
Community Updates
14 Comments
Just delivery is exactly that. They won't unpack it for him.
stuarthanley

Just delivery is exactly that. They won't unpack it for him.

​yep just this....they may not even put it in the kitchen ,
but least he has a son to sort it
If they are asked they will unpack it and put it in the kitchen. Best to ask them to unpack it before they bring it into the house though. It's easier for them that way.
just ask them to remove packaging so you can check for dints etc
We had one delivered a couple of months ago and not only did they deliver it via garden access in a different street but also unpacked and placed it right near the place it was to be installed. They also took away the packaging. We paid for removal of old machine which of course was taken also.
Peegy

If they are asked they will unpack it and put it in the kitchen. Best to … If they are asked they will unpack it and put it in the kitchen. Best to ask them to unpack it before they bring it into the house though. It's easier for them that way.

good idea. they normally call about 15 minutes before delivery so i will ask them to remove the packaging before taking it into the house as my dad's house is full of stuff.

when i buy anything from the co-op electrical, they always remove all packaging when they deliver and take the packaging away as a matter of course. i can't remember what currys does as i often get the connection as well but this doesn't work for my dad as it is not a standard connection.
They should offer to remove packaging even if installation has not been chosen. I ordered a new washing machine in January and email stated that they would remove packaging if required.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii85/hmfleming/Mobile%20Uploads/C0420231-C212-4F72-9EFD-92FEA5F6AF03_zpssqlwvorv.png
dont forget all washing machines come with transit bolts in place that stop the drum rocking about during transport and MUST be removed before fitting
i know that argos never remove packaging when they deliver.
ninegt

dont forget all washing machines come with transit bolts in place that … dont forget all washing machines come with transit bolts in place that stop the drum rocking about during transport and MUST be removed before fitting

I actually know someone that forgot to do just that, it ripped the water pipes off the wall before he got to it in the spin cycle!
I got a large fridge freezer delivered 2 weeks ago and they unpacked it on the vehicle, then put it in the kitchen, i did pay for them to take the old one away too. Presume they do the same on all kitchen appliances?
had one delivered 2 weeks ago, paid for machine only, no extras and they removed packaging and disposed and eh....yup , I forgot the transition bolts while ready to try a test wash oO lucky the hubby got in from work in time note to self...just let the man do it
robyn11

had one delivered 2 weeks ago, paid for machine only, no extras and they … had one delivered 2 weeks ago, paid for machine only, no extras and they removed packaging and disposed and eh....yup , I forgot the transition bolts while ready to try a test wash oO lucky the hubby got in from work in time note to self...just let the man do it

Sexist.
Tumble dryer delivered last week, they removed all packaging and put it were I wanted it. Just ask, like you do here all day
Edited by: "benjammin316" 3rd Apr 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions