Currys ebay store warranties

Found 12th Jun
I am on the cusp of purchasing an LG TV from Currys ebay store to take advantage of the 10% discount code. Its a brand new, not refurbished item, priced exactly the same as in their stores.

In the detailed item description it clearly states 5 year warranty (as per their in-store brand new TV's) but other references to warranties only state 12 months, which I know is definitely the case if buying refurbished goods.

Can anyone confirm that if it is clearly described as having a 5 year warranty in the description that this will definitely be the case?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
'Should' be 5 years, but you would be better to clarify this with the seller.

If, in 4 years time it develops a fault, your story of 'but some random folks on a deals website say it would definitely come with a 5 year warranty' won't have much standing I'm afraid.
Have you tried Richer SOunds? 6 years on most TVs if you join the VIP club
Richer don't have the TV I am after. Been researching for ages and opted for the LG 49SJ810V which is exclusive to curry's and a WHICH? Best Buy. The 800 is the same TV but has one of those stupid stands where feet are as wide as the TV which would involve expense of buying a separate stand.
I'm inclined to screen shot the item description as evidence but have also posted a question. Trouble is won't get a reply till tomorrow at earliest and don't want to run the risk of the TV selling out on the meantime.
Take screenshots of the advertisement. As you go through the purchase process, I suspect you will get the warranty period confirmed as its a sell up opportunity for them if its only 12 months. You should not have to commit until warranty is clearly stated on the screen as part of the purchase process.
I got a folder in my cloud acc (dropbox), titled screenshots/receipt. I always do a screen grab of any promo and invoice for warranty purposes. I also do screenshots of messages/chats online.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 12th Jun
Mottmania7 h, 19 m ago

Richer don't have the TV I am after. Been researching for ages and opted …Richer don't have the TV I am after. Been researching for ages and opted for the LG 49SJ810V which is exclusive to curry's and a WHICH? Best Buy. The 800 is the same TV but has one of those stupid stands where feet are as wide as the TV which would involve expense of buying a separate stand.I'm inclined to screen shot the item description as evidence but have also posted a question. Trouble is won't get a reply till tomorrow at earliest and don't want to run the risk of the TV selling out on the meantime.

Actually the 800 is a proper 10bit panel and the 810 isn't, God knows how Currys convinced LG to let them have a higher model number for a worse TV. Not that having a proper 10 bit panel makes a blind bit of difference at that size. My brother has the exact TV you are looking at and it looks pretty damn good.
MIDURIX4 h, 8 m ago

Actually the 800 is a proper 10bit panel and the 810 isn't, God knows how …Actually the 800 is a proper 10bit panel and the 810 isn't, God knows how Currys convinced LG to let them have a higher model number for a worse TV. Not that having a proper 10 bit panel makes a blind bit of difference at that size. My brother has the exact TV you are looking at and it looks pretty damn good.

Have checked the detailed technical specs of both and apart from different feet/stand they are identical TV's.
Currys have confirmed it is the 5 year guarantee so all good.
Lets just hope you don't have the misfortune of having to deal with Currys knowhow team should it be required :(. I had an absolute nightmare with them. They broke the screen, Failed to fix the fault that it went in for but replaced the screen that they broke. Then they fixed the fault but scratched all the bezel to death. Then the standby button no longer worked. I left it at that as I didn't want them to break it any further!. The fault returned again a year later. 3 of the 4 HDMI ports stopped working. I just bought an hdmi switcher.

I have since had a refurb from Richer Sounds that became slightly faulty. Slight light bleed on the screen. They sent an engineer out, He took pictures, Ordered a replacement screen and upon them receiving the screen came out to my house and replaced it there and then so I wasn't without a tv. Great service!.
Mottmania7 h, 25 m ago

Have checked the detailed technical specs of both and apart from different …Have checked the detailed technical specs of both and apart from different feet/stand they are identical TV's.

Specs written by a nobody vs reviews, hmmm. I know what I believe
MIDURIX15 h, 25 m ago

Actually the 800 is a proper 10bit panel and the 810 isn't, God knows how …Actually the 800 is a proper 10bit panel and the 810 isn't, God knows how Currys convinced LG to let them have a higher model number for a worse TV. Not that having a proper 10 bit panel makes a blind bit of difference at that size. My brother has the exact TV you are looking at and it looks pretty damn good.

They are both 8+2.
Mottmania8 h, 45 m ago

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/fef518044

That's the same display specifications everyone was quoting last year saying the MU7000 wasn't 10 bit when it is. Don't trust a word it says.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants