Currys gift card sale

I'm thinking of selling a Currys giftcard for £750 on eBay. What do you think would be a reasonable amount to ask for it?

15 Comments

Banned

£740?

realistically I would have though £600-650.
But knowing ebay £800
Edited by: "sven256" 22nd Jan 2011

If it's just one gift card, then I'd ask for £700. But if there's a lot that add up to £700 then I'd split them up into smaller amounts.

Id never sell a gift card on ebay, got scammed out of £50 and ebay didn't give a damn. Just buy something worth that value from the store and sell it on.

Id say the same as JonnyTwoToes vouchers on ebay usually go for very close to the actual worth....sometimes they go for more than they are worth lol

start it off at 99p and watch it soar....upto £625

I was looking at Argos giftcards before on eBay as I have some to get rid of. Most of them go for the same amount as the face value, bizarrely.

I'd put it on a buy it now for £750 and allow best offers if it was me.

Id say selling a voucher of that value on eBay is a recipe for disaster. Far too easy to get scammed especially where paypal is concerned.
Advertise in your local paper or adtrader and take cash only.
Gumtree is another option.
Or go with as suggested above and purchase a desirable item which holds value and sell that. Try to use voucher codes for an extra bonus if you can find any.

callum84

Id say selling a voucher of that value on eBay is a recipe for disaster. … Id say selling a voucher of that value on eBay is a recipe for disaster. Far too easy to get scammed especially where paypal is concerned. Advertise in your local paper or adtrader and take cash only. Gumtree is another option. Or go with as suggested above and purchase a desirable item which holds value and sell that. Try to use voucher codes for an extra bonus if you can find any.

whos gonna pay cash on collection for a gift card

remember the final fee will be 10%, but capped at £40.... personally I'd wait for a family member/friend to buy something at currys and ask them if you can buy it using your voucher and then give you the money!
Edited by: "weemee002" 22nd Jan 2011

I wouldn't sell a gift card for that amount on ebay.

Buy some ipods and sell them on.

Starr

I wouldn't sell a gift card for that amount on ebay.Buy some ipods and … I wouldn't sell a gift card for that amount on ebay.Buy some ipods and sell them on.

i might need a new washing machine from curry in 2-3 year,if you could wait that long?

nebno6

whos gonna pay cash on collection for a gift card

If you are paying below the gift card amount, meet them in the store to exchange, why not?

SgtSlay3r

If you are paying below the gift card amount, meet them in the store to … If you are paying below the gift card amount, meet them in the store to exchange, why not?

cuz they might be living in africa,so who on earth will go there and meet them in store.

Asking to lose the card and your money. Ebay is full of scammers just looking for this type of listing. They will buy the card, use it then claim the money back through Paypal saying the card didn't work. If you can afford to lose the £750 go for it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7041337
    2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1840
    3. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)67
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767163

See more discussions