Expired

Currys giftcards per transaction, any limits?

Found 31st Mar 2013
Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of gift cards/value of the cards that can be used in a single transaction in Currys? I'm planning to get £500 worth of gift cards from morrissons and want to make sure they will be accepted in a single transaction? Thanks!
Community Updates
10 Comments
Why buy gift-cards, unless you are parents with untrusting students whom spend their food money on other things?

Edited by: "Backriver000" 31st Mar 2013
to get money off fuel mate
Obviously.
I spent £300 in gift vouchers. Made up of £10s and £20 vouchers at a Currys/PC world store to buy a laptop a few years ago, I dont think there is an upper limit.

Reading online I can see no reason why you cant as they let you buy more than one gift card if you need more than £250 per card.

currysgiftcards.co.uk/FAQ…asp
Edited by: "Astec123" 31st Mar 2013
thank you Astec123 for your helpful reply!!
MissyTrouble

thank you Astec123 for your helpful reply!!

Currys don't have petrol stations lol.
Astec123

I spent £300 in gift vouchers. Made up of £10s and £20 vouchers at a Cu … I spent £300 in gift vouchers. Made up of £10s and £20 vouchers at a Currys/PC world store to buy a laptop a few years ago, I dont think there is an upper limit.Reading online I can see no reason why you cant as they let you buy more than one gift card if you need more than £250 per card.http://www.currysgiftcards.co.uk/FAQs-3-w.asp

I think there was a limit at some point due to counterfeit vouchers. Still prefer using actual money myself. For example, vouchers expire and if companies go in admin, then they are useless....Actual money doesn't have this issue.
http://www.morrisonsfuelsaver.co.uk/how-it-works

I get what you are doing now. Although, spending 500 pound on currys voucher for a small saving on petrol is crazy?

There is no limit to the amount you can spend on gift cards although the maximum discount coupon value is £1 per litre and will be is issued for a £1000 spend on gift cards. For a Gift card spend in excess of £1000 separate transactions to a maximum of £1000 each are required.

Coupons can only be used once and are valid for one vehicle only in a single transaction to a maximum of 100 litres of fuel.

Coupons can be redeemed at all Morrisons Petrol Filling Stations (excluding Gibraltar) within 63 days from date of issue (Valid Until Date printed on the front of voucher).

So you want to save like 50p per lite in one transaction? I'm thinking a normal car would hold 60 litres of petrol, which would cost around 90 pound and saving 50p per litre=60 pound. So you'll save about 30 pound, if you spend 90 pound. Currys vouchers are normally worth 15% less than actual cash...Therefore, 15% of 500=75. So in reality, it depends on if you are buying something from Currys. But already, the vouchers are worth 75 less, so you'll save 30 pound on petrol, so really you'll still have a 45 loss, if you are not buying anything from currys...If you are, you might be getting a good deal, but remember, whatever you are buying see if it's cheaper elsewhere and work out mathematically if you are actually saving anything overall.
Edited by: "Backriver000" 31st Mar 2013
above post ends with tunnel logic......namely that curry's can't sell you a bargain
i used £200 worth of them no prob.as i was going to spend the £200 in currys anyway i thought savin 20p i litre n fuel was worth doin.every little helps.....yes in know thats tesco motto not morrisons.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants