EXPIRED

currys have cancelled wii pre order

does anyone know where you can get one b4 xmas?

23 Comments

i'd try the likes of asda, tescos etc

I called Asda today and none of my local stores (around the Manchester/Bury Area) will be stocking them AT ALL! Call your local store if you plan on trying to get one from them as a trip there might turn out a bit sour if its true and no Asda is stocking them for launch.

Also it seems only Tesco Extra stores will be stocking them. Huge stores, unfortunately I live miles away from any of them lol. No Wii for Mii :oops:

asda.co.uk/cor…htm

tesco.com/tod…tml

The store locator links are above, I suggest if you want a Wii for tonight or in the morning you should call your local Extra/Huge/SuperStore type Asda/Tesco and hope they are stocking them. If they tell you they will have them on sale at Midnight and they have the stock, drop the phone and run for the door. If you have to wait 6 hours to get one, trust me - might be your only chance now before January.

Well i'll be passing, he he, all of the M60 tonight, so might dive into the Portwood and Prestwich stores and see if they have one or not. For the record, i don't want one, gonna wait til the price has been dropped for PS3 launch and any niggling issues resolved, please don't start flaming me for that, i got my GC day 1, and had to return it, so calm down Ninty Fan Boys please. If they have any in stock Phear, i'll PM you as soon as i can after midnight

I know the Tesco Prestwich store will not have any - just called them earlier. Same goes for the one in Bury. And Asda Bury, and Asda Pilsworth. Which is quite literally the only 4 stores I can get to lol.

I believe some of the larger stores off the motorways will have them, but as I do not drive I wont be able to get one lol. Boydent, if you manage to find someone selling them, screw sending me a PM and buy an extra one for me. I will pay you for the system and whatever petrol costs lol, as far as I can see now - I have literally no hope of getting one.

I still have a pre-order but it is a third allocation one - so might not arrive till after Christmas which would be a real shame. Thanks for the reply Boydent, any information would help for sure

Ok, well that leaves the Portwood [email protected] and the one at Horwich as one's i can get to, so i'll have a look later. And if there are any, ok, i'll get ya one, since if you decide against it, i can sure sell it somewhere

Toys R Us are doing first come first serve from tomorrow I believe!

NatD

Toys R Us are doing first come first serve from tomorrow I believe!

Nice one, but lol, i'll be fast asleep by then Nat :giggle:, i'm goin straight to bed after work, and by time i get up, lol, they'll be just tears and tantrums left:-(

I believe Toy 'r' Us are open till 10pm tonight, so you could give them a ring and find out if they have any. They all should of received their orders yesterday or today, so they should be able to tell you how many they have as well as when they go on sale.

Then again it depends on the member of staff you speak to, so far I have spoken to some ladies who you can tell have had so many calls about the Wii that they just want to bite your head off lol.

Do you think there be any chance of getting one tomorrow at around 6pm ??? I highly doubt it

sorry for the followin rant.

I hate automated lines aaarrrhhhhhhhhh !!!! they get me very fustrated, I can only use my mobile phone so all my damm credits goes and I dont get through to nobody AAARRHHHHHHHH !!! Jus wasted £2 credit tryin to phone a tesco a couple of times, yesterday F%*king wasted £3 to sky and never got through

lol, you think sainsbury will have them and you do you know any other stores which dont take pre orders and are selling the stock as first come first served basis, i no tesco and toysrus dnt have pre orders any more stores???

Best place to try is Toys 'r' Us at 9am.

TBH, I can see these selling out, but am sure there will be replacements to be had before Christmas.

Do you think demand will relaly be that of the PS3 / XBOX 360??? I don't think Nintendo need to play any games about creating hype / demand, so am guessing there won't be too many unhappy people at Christmas!

Anyone who is as old as me, will remember Tracy Island. At the time, i was a student working in Toy R Us, in Manchester, and the so-called shortage was terrible, folks, well, parents and children leaving in tears due to lack of stock.

One day, i stumbled into a store room, and found 20. Thinking i was great, and that these had been forgetten/misplaced, i proudly approached store manager, and was told to forget what i'd seen, do my job and forget about them.

Was a harsh lesson i learnt back then

This may be so obvious that it's been tried and not worked, therefore no post regarding it but...has anyone tried toys 'r' us online?

jacksonsheena

This may be so obvious that it's been tried and not worked, therefore no … This may be so obvious that it's been tried and not worked, therefore no post regarding it but...has anyone tried toys 'r' us online?

Yeah, tried before i left, they had two hardware packs and all sold out. Nice idea though

I managed to order a Nintendo Wii + Wii sports from Amazon today. Should get it sometime next week.

If any of your are that desperate for one you can make me an offer? I'll just buy one after xmas...

vialli25

I managed to order a Nintendo Wii + Wii sports from Amazon today. Should … I managed to order a Nintendo Wii + Wii sports from Amazon today. Should get it sometime next week.If any of your are that desperate for one you can make me an offer? I'll just buy one after xmas...

No thanks I don't like to encourage this type of opportunistic behaviour.

Vialli mine was just shipped, says I will get it tomorrow by City Link.

I suggest you don't sell the system, would be a waste of good luck if you ask me :thumbsup:

I spoke to Currys HQ and they said they cancelled all pre-orders due to high demand, they said they will be getting a batch next week! which should cater for the vast majority of those who pre-ordered - i.e. from 3wks+ ago!

Does anyone know when the 2nd batch of wiis will be dispatched! and do you guys / girls have any idea how many they are shipping to the mainland UK???

Anyone living near the Great Bridge Asda might be able to get their hands on one, does the Eastlands Asda not have one? That store is HUGE! Plus it's next to me beloved Man City FC.

Phear said that Eastlands did not have any, so i didn't bother :-(

A fellow Bitter Blue? Get-in, have some rep the lad, "Hark now sing....." come on!

Guys - please advise why Currys have been sending out Wiis to people? but then lying to me over the phone saying they have cancelled all WII Pre orders for the time being????
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want some backless loafers for men44
    2. Phone "Upgrade"47
    3. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
    4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854

See more discussions