currys laptop tv advert

just caught a glimpse of a currys advert for a laptop for £150. dunno what kind tho...probably a fujitsu as they always seem to be coming down with them!

anyone else see the ad i seen? or am i going mental?

12 Comments

Banned

Hope I'm not going mental too!
I only saw the end part of the ad, but I did see the price being £150 too.

It's probably going to be a low spec refurbished machine for that price, so I wouldn't get too excited

think it was u get a contract with something u get money off in currys

is it the broadband offer?

I think its the alternative to taking the laptop they offer you with the broadband... you can have £150 off any laptop in their range instead :?

Its very much like the PC world one already posted on this site. Its an Orange deal, and last time I looked it wasn't a particulary 'Hot' deal. You have to sign up to Orange Broadband for 2 years...although you can cancel, get your laptop then sell it on ebay for a profit...

Original Poster

who in their right minds would want orange bb for 2 YEARS!?

I saw the advert too, no mention of contract, broadband or refurb... it just said £300 off a F Siements laptop now £149... not sure when the price kicks in?

Just to confirm, I spoke to Curry's, this is the same deal as PC World... TV advert was very misleading!

Free with orange broadband i believe

It's £300 off the price of the laptop, making it £150, if you sign up with Orange broadband.

The small print at the end of the advert makes it clear that it's a two year contract you're signing up for.

I can't see why this has confused so many people?

Further clarification here

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h174/10bellies/currys.jpg

Nice that you can only get the laptop after line activation...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)11
    2. Moving Light Switch / Wireless options67
    3. dishwasher mistake1117
    4. Virgin Media when moving house69

See more discussions