Currys Price Match

Probably been asked before.
I'm looking for a TV to replace Panasonic smashed by a two year old. Saw a Sony LCD in Currys today and noticed that Argos do the same one around £50 cheaper. But Argos only deliver it and don't stock it in the branch. Would Currys price match considering it is available to purchase from the Argos branch, though recieved via delivery.

12 Comments

As per the Currys website -

Currys Price Promise online:For purchases bought from Currys.co.uk, our … Currys Price Promise online:For purchases bought from Currys.co.uk, our Price Promise will only apply to the identical product found to be cheaper on the following websites: * Argos.co.uk * Comet.co.uk * Tesco.co.uk * John Lewis.co.ukThe competitor's website must have stock available for delivery straight away.To take advantage of our Price Promise, please telephone our sales team on 08445 61 62 63 and provide the following details: * Your name and delivery postcode * The full product description including the brand and any model number * The name of the competitor offering a better price.Once the price is verified we will process your order immediately over the telephone.

or in your case......... IN STORE

Currys Price Promise in store:In the unlikely event that you find a … Currys Price Promise in store:In the unlikely event that you find a cheaper price, for the same product and offer we'll not only match the price but also beat it by 10% of the difference. Our price promise even applies up to 7 days after purchaseSingle unit purchases only. The competitor must be a retail store within 30 miles and have stock ready for delivery.

Source - currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Following the second quote, i dont see why they would not... an other member more in the know maybe able to confirm

Rick

Just on the back of this..

The last time I was in store the guy there said 10 miles....

website says 30 miles..

Rick

Original Poster

Thanks for that RickT.

But I've also just noticed that the Sony TV in Currys has model number; KDL-40EX403U, While the Argos model is KDL-40EX403, without the U at the end.
Will Currys regard it as a different model?

Both stores are almost next door to ech other

mudddy;8206823

Thanks for that RickT.But I've also just noticed that the Sony TV in … Thanks for that RickT.But I've also just noticed that the Sony TV in Currys has model number; KDL-40EX403U, While the Argos model is KDL-40EX403, without the U at the end. Will Currys regard it as a different model?Both stores are almost next door to ech other

Im not sure how Sony's models are, but I know some white goods have the addtional different prefix on the end when they are sold to large retail companies, ie Argos.. Currys, Supermarkets.

Have you googled the model numbers and compared ?

DSGi group do this deliberately, get the TV Companies to change their model numbers for the same tv slightly. Gets them out of this price matching malarkey. "Sorry, different tv, no price match"

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8207064

Same product. If they try it then just bitch slap them.

Gosh!

Can you come with me?:?

Banned

peodude;8207104

DSGi group do this deliberately, get the TV Companies to change their … DSGi group do this deliberately, get the TV Companies to change their model numbers for the same tv slightly. Gets them out of this price matching malarkey. "Sorry, different tv, no price match"

:thumbsup: they sure do! +1

In case you do go with Argos...

hotukdeals.com/ite…-ba

£10 gift card for spends over £100...

Just another option here too....

If Currys dont help you with the price match... try COMET..

You can reverse online via QUIDCO and get 3% cashback, brings the price down to £726..

or... lol..

Another option...

If you can wait for it...

play.com/Ele…tml

Sony Bravia 40" KDL-40EX403 / Full HD 1080p / Freeview HD / LCD TV

Customer rating: Not yet rated ( Not yet rated ) | Write a review »
£679.99 Free Delivery

RRP: £749.99 | You save: £70.00 (9%)

In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours

then use Promotional Code: Plarbs10 for another £5.00 off........

Rick

Original Poster

Thanks but I'm kind of stuck with Currys.
I have an insurance voucher from the smashed panny.

I've been reading reviews and forums all evening and am now almost off the Sony and back on my original choice of Samsung LE40B651T.
But I've also got the wife to deal with, who prefers a 50" plasma panny which Currys have for £699.

at first they will say its not the same model, ask for the manager.
tell him/her you want to buy from their store but if they don't co-operate you WILL go somewhere else and be writing to their new head of operations, Sebastian James, who will take a dim outlook of them turning away customers for the sake of £50 quid.
offer to take a couple of months of whatever happens (then cancel it if you want).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2644
    2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …66114
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48410865
    4. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating33

See more discussions