Currys price match amazon

Found 31st Oct 2017
2820262-AWFvz.jpgLocal store just changed all the POS, now they price match Amazon but not 3rd part sellers.
Community Updates
Top comments
Still would rather buy from amazon than them
coys6736 m ago

Point of sale.

Thats not what POS means to me
I can't stand Currys, but at least they pay their taxes - and for that reason they get my vote over Amazon.

Big businesses avoiding taxes means the shortfall has to be made up by everyone else paying higher taxes, thus it's a false economy to buy from tax avoiding big businesses.

For the above reason, I'll put up with Currys crap and buy from them at the same price.
31 Comments
They have price matched Amazon for a while now again not including 3rd Party Sellers
Still would rather buy from amazon than them
POS ?
Original Poster
ITMA13 m ago

POS ?

banners, leaflets etc.
ITMA21 m ago

POS ?

Point of sale.
coys6736 m ago

Point of sale.

Segata-Sanshiro49 m ago

Most acronyms have more than one definition.
They will do anything to get out of price matching though, total waste of time
niconelove3 m ago

They will do anything to get out of price matching though, total waste of …They will do anything to get out of price matching though, total waste of time

Such as?
Original Poster
alltaken12331st Oct 2017

Most common example is 'Unique Models', not that Curry's has a special …Most common example is 'Unique Models', not that Curry's has a special model in any way, it's normally just a colour difference. Sparkle Grey Washer/Dryer that is Luminous Grey everywhere else, or a TV that has one pointless spec added/taken away and the model suddenly changes number ever so slightly.... but enough to make it unique and exclusive.Curry's even go so far as to source off colour keyboards from Logitech to avoid price matching.TL;DR Use Amazon and save yourself a nosebleed from this Dinosaur of a retailer.

Wouldn't you do the same if it was your company. If it's not the same model then no price match. Simple.
alltaken12331st Oct 2017

Nope, by not competing they stifle their profits - Many retailers have …Nope, by not competing they stifle their profits - Many retailers have gone south due to this exact practice (Comet did the same). Curry's often push the add-on services to try and make up for shrinking margins but it will catch up and bite them in the arse. Price matching Amazon is a sign of the times - by forcefully omitting products from competition, even though they are available for less with competitors, it's an archaic practice that worked well on my parents generation.This generation is acutely aware of the exclusive model variant 'dupe' and simply buy the cheaper model online. Look into Curry's group leadership history to see a string of failures in the role of CEO, dinosaur's that sorely need to adapt.If it were my company I'd price match and push the customer service aspect vs etailers, non-pushy, tangible service assistance that people appreciate, rather than: 'Sigh, madam, it might look the same but we offer this model with our 5 year know how plan for just XX per month.' I'm sure we can all agree that Curry's service is dreaded and either flat out lying to get the sale (You know you've heard the pensioner being fed rubbish about the PC they're buying), or you really need this insurance and it covers X but in reality Trustpilot reviews show thousands being told they were covered for an event that is excluded./Rant.

Gullible generation marking assumption's you mean, Amazon are just another rip off merchant, sure they where good to start with but they have gotten more expensive plus the cutting the business into two with this prime rubbish is just a load of BS similar to that of currys.

I'm going to buy a hacksaw today and some glue, i could have got them Monday but I didn't as i checked them out and assumed I'd be able to get them cheaper online, that was wrong, i do the same two trips for a increasing amount of things, most recently for adhesive foam weather strips, bubble wrap, duct tape, light bulbs etc, i will be buying a oil filled radiator again from a high street shop soon after much investigation on prices.
Original Poster
Why post a pre 2010 video.
Edited by: "browneyone" 1st Nov 2017
browneyone3 m ago

Why post a pre 2010 video.

probably because underneath currys is still the same as it was in 2010, or even further back
alltaken1231st Nov 2017

If by assumptions you mean the last two generations using facts and …If by assumptions you mean the last two generations using facts and figures to come to conclusions about business practices, then yes, entirely. Take a look into which models are working. Spoiler: Curry's model is not.Create an email address on gmail, takes all of 30 seconds. Prime for 30 days - Even paying for Prime often pays for itself when taking into account the savings. I know when walking into Curry's I will be asked to take out KnowHow, told that my home policy doesn't cover the item, pressured once more until I have to firmly say - No, but thanks again. Prime - I get the spiel up front and take it or leave it.In general Amazon is cheaper than Curry's, however, most places are. Lastly, have you ever heard of Fives?[Video]

I’m not sure you are right by saying prime pays for itself, it’s just easier. Amazon used to be cheaper and it is a clever business model that once into prime you can’t really order anywhere else.
I can't stand Currys, but at least they pay their taxes - and for that reason they get my vote over Amazon.

Big businesses avoiding taxes means the shortfall has to be made up by everyone else paying higher taxes, thus it's a false economy to buy from tax avoiding big businesses.

For the above reason, I'll put up with Currys crap and buy from them at the same price.
Destard16 h, 47 m ago

Such as?

First they wouldn't match john lewis because it was being delivered direct from manufacturer, then they wouldn't match john lewis because they had a different guarantee which means basically they cant match john lewis on anything as they offer a better guarantee than currys does
Dannyrobbo7 h, 47 m ago

I’m not sure you are right by saying prime pays for itself, it’s just eas …I’m not sure you are right by saying prime pays for itself, it’s just easier. Amazon used to be cheaper and it is a clever business model that once into prime you can’t really order anywhere else.

Prime can shove off, i prefer lockers so its irrelevant to me
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 1st Nov 2017
Just a heads up i got my hacksaw for £1 in poundland, thats cheaper then Amazon and i got my glue for £1.50 in a independent DIY\homeware shop again cheaper then Amazon for that size tube of uhu.

No minimum spend for free postage, no subscription, no waiting for delivery.

Prime is a mugs game I bet you people order stuff just because they are paying for it and want to feel like its value for money, its a wonderful way to hook suckers in pointlessly
Segata-Sanshiro12 h, 16 m ago

Gullible generation marking assumption's you mean, Amazon are just another …Gullible generation marking assumption's you mean, Amazon are just another rip off merchant, sure they where good to start with but they have gotten more expensive plus the cutting the business into two with this prime rubbish is just a load of BS similar to that of currys.I'm going to buy a hacksaw today and some glue, i could have got them Monday but I didn't as i checked them out and assumed I'd be able to get them cheaper online, that was wrong, i do the same two trips for a increasing amount of things, most recently for adhesive foam weather strips, bubble wrap, duct tape, light bulbs etc, i will be buying a oil filled radiator again from a high street shop soon after much investigation on prices.

Try Argos on ebay, I got a cracker last year at a great price.
deeky7 m ago

Try Argos on ebay, I got a cracker last year at a great price.

I was going to get the own brand 0.45kw or 1kw model.
Segata-Sanshiro6 m ago

I was going to get the own brand 0.45kw or 1kw model.

0.45kw? What are going to heat? The dog kennel?
deeky18 m ago

0.45kw? What are going to heat? The dog kennel?

The living room, currently i keep sitting in front of a fan heater, I'm sealing up the windows as best i can and i got brush things to stop cold air getting under the door.

So I've got foam strips to put round the window where cold gets in, poor mans double glazing aka bubble wrap for the windows that are opaque anyway, the brushes that go along the doors, I'm hoping it will all be enough
Segata-Sanshiro5 m ago

The living room, currently i keep sitting in front of a fan heater, I'm …The living room, currently i keep sitting in front of a fan heater, I'm sealing up the windows as best i can and i got brush things to stop cold air getting under the door.So I've got foam strips to put round the window where cold gets in, poor mans double glazing aka bubble wrap for the windows that are opaque anyway, the brushes that go along the doors, I'm hoping it will all be enough

.45kw is really weak though. I know they cost money to run but a 1kw or even 1'5 oil filled radiator will still be much cheaper than your 800w fan heater. They are outrageously inefficient. How much are the ones you're looking at?

Have a look here mate
Edited by: "deeky" 1st Nov 2017
deeky3 m ago

.45kw is really weak though. I know they cost money to run but a 1kw or ….45kw is really weak though. I know they cost money to run but a 1kw or even 1'5 oil filled radiator will still be much cheaper than your 800w fan heater. They are outrageously inefficient. How much are the ones you're looking at?

Under 40 quid own brand Argos
Banned
the question we should be asking is who are paying more tax and more jobs per 1 million sales, then whoever the winner is ill buy from them at the matched price
If you try a price match, don't email.

I emailed, waited a week then got this:

Thank you for contacting Team KNOWHOW.

We are really sorry that we haven't contacted you within our timescales we really do hope that your query has been answered. It may be that you have visited one of our stores or called us to discuss your query.

However, if you feel the matter remains unresolved, please contact us on 0344 800 9090 or alternatively please respond including a contact number for us to call you at a convenient time and one of our colleagues will be happy to assist.

Thank you for your patience and once again please accept our apologies.

Kind regards,

Team Knowhow

Emailed them back, they didn't call. Been 10 days now. Their price match only applies 7 days after purchase. And of course all the prices have changed now, so the matches I sent in are useless.
Segata-Sanshiro1st Nov 2017

Just a heads up i got my hacksaw for £1 in poundland, thats cheaper then …Just a heads up i got my hacksaw for £1 in poundland, thats cheaper then Amazon and i got my glue for £1.50 in a independent DIY\homeware shop again cheaper then Amazon for that size tube of uhu.No minimum spend for free postage, no subscription, no waiting for delivery.Prime is a mugs game I bet you people order stuff just because they are paying for it and want to feel like its value for money, its a wonderful way to hook suckers in pointlessly

Prime is definitely not a mugs game. To buy the same thing elsewhere I have to pay for delivery on top. If I go to a shop the item simply costs more and I’ve forked out in petrol. Example, today I wanted some Bolle Trackers, on Amazon they’re £9 and free next day delivery with Prime. At screwfix they’re £12 plus petrol costs.
I use Amazon Video to watch Grand tour and plenty other bits and bobs.

Just because you have no use for Prime, it doesn’t mean everyone else is a mug for making use of it.
leelukehope7 h, 47 m ago

Prime is definitely not a mugs game. To buy the same thing elsewhere I …Prime is definitely not a mugs game. To buy the same thing elsewhere I have to pay for delivery on top. If I go to a shop the item simply costs more and I’ve forked out in petrol. Example, today I wanted some Bolle Trackers, on Amazon they’re £9 and free next day delivery with Prime. At screwfix they’re £12 plus petrol costs.I use Amazon Video to watch Grand tour and plenty other bits and bobs.Just because you have no use for Prime, it doesn’t mean everyone else is a mug for making use of it.

You can watch grand tour for free on internets, i needed curtain wire nearly 4 feets worth, Amazon was useless, found a seller on ebay who will do it any length you want, free postage, less then half the price of the cheapest on Amazon.
Amazon are not cheap are you telling me your subscription doesn't encourage you at all to not shop around.
Segata-Sanshiro3 h, 3 m ago

You can watch grand tour for free on internets, i needed curtain wire …You can watch grand tour for free on internets, i needed curtain wire nearly 4 feets worth, Amazon was useless, found a seller on ebay who will do it any length you want, free postage, less then half the price of the cheapest on Amazon.Amazon are not cheap are you telling me your subscription doesn't encourage you at all to not shop around.

You can't say Prime is worth less simply because you support piracy
No I definitely shop around, just recently I bought my Sonos speakers from Curry's and then Dixon's Duty Free. I only buy from Amazon if it's cheaper than elsewhere but for what I buy they do tend to be cheaper and I've definitely saved on delivery costs. I also buy stuff from eBay too because as you said Amazon doesn't stock everything.
Today I'll probably be buying a Galaxy S8. If Curry's will price match Amazon then I'll get it from them, if not, I'll get it from Amazon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants