Curry’s price match worth it?

Found 6th Dec 2017
Hi, I’m looking to buy a new gas hob and have found this item cheaper on Tesco direct than at Curry’s only because Curry’s themselves put this on their website!

What I would like to know is,is it worth asking for a price match at Curry’s or should I just go ahead and buy from Tesco direct?

I’m new to this whole price match business and would appreciate advice.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Any opportunity to NOT buy from Currys should be taken in my opinion!
Edited by: "cdm22" 6th Dec 2017
14 Comments
deleted800342
Is there any reason you'd rather buy from Currys while it's cheaper from Tesco?
Any opportunity to NOT buy from Currys should be taken in my opinion!
Edited by: "cdm22" 6th Dec 2017
No
One time I was in one of these electrical stores and was told to come back if I saw it cheaper, so I did and all they did was match it which made me feel a bit stupid as I stood there while they rung it up.

They're quite happy to charge you more if you don't go hunting for better so if it's cheaper elsewhere buy it elsewhere.
Tesco Direct have excellent customer service

Currys is non-existent
Original Poster
chocci1 h, 6 m ago

Tesco Direct have excellent customer serviceCurrys is non-existent

Thanks for the advice, will go ahead with Tesco Direct
Original Poster
deleted8003426th Dec 2017

Is there any reason you'd rather buy from Currys while it's cheaper from …Is there any reason you'd rather buy from Currys while it's cheaper from Tesco?

Not really no😬
I would stick to currys.
Go for Tesco you even get club card points
Currys/PC World price promise is to match or beat Tesco (amongst others), ask them the question if they can beat the price, if not, then go with Tesco..?
Edited by: "andynicol" 7th Dec 2017
Currys often have their own model of items made so they don’t have to price match as it’s an item that’s exclusive to them.
Cakeboy798 m ago

Currys often have their own model of items made so they don’t have to p …Currys often have their own model of items made so they don’t have to price match as it’s an item that’s exclusive to them.

They've been doing that since at least back to the 80s.
They market the fact that they will pricematch so the average non savvy consumer will think they have the lowest prices without checking.
Even comet (remember them) used to match and give you an extra 10% of the difference.
Remember Curry's are the company who can justify selling a £79.99 hdmi lead.
shadey129 h, 5 m ago

Remember Curry's are the company who can justify selling a £79.99 hdmi …Remember Curry's are the company who can justify selling a £79.99 hdmi lead.

If I'm paying £80 for an HDMI lead I'd want it delivered by Lord Lucan riding bareback on Shergar, whilst Barry Manilow serenades them up my driveway
Cakeboy7916 m ago

If I'm paying £80 for an HDMI lead I'd want it delivered by Lord Lucan …If I'm paying £80 for an HDMI lead I'd want it delivered by Lord Lucan riding bareback on Shergar, whilst Barry Manilow serenades them up my driveway

Get this bargain,
32673039-ER2lx.jpgBe quick it's a clearance deal.

If you miss out there's this one
32673039-DavDK.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions