Currys Price Promise?

Found 1st Jan 2011
hey guys i brought a monitor from Currys 2 days ago at £69.99. however now the same monitor is going for £49.99
i noticed Currys do a price promise up to 7 days after purchase just wondering would i be able to get a refund of the difference?

9 Comments

What I'd suggest is you tell them you are going to return it and buy it again at the reduced price, they will more than likely not want the hassle and possibly give you a refund of the difference, give the customer services a call first though as it may save you having to travel anywhere.

"Currys do a price promise up to 7 days after purchase" you answered your own question :P

Rolls eyes.

i bought the same monitor, have they refunded the difference?

i just phone customer services and they will refund it.

Original Poster

@jocksteeluk cheers dude i will dude.

@gillamy, how are they going to refund you if you dont mind me asking?

I went into Currys today as i wanted this monitor too.
It was £69.99 instore so i showed them proof of £49.99 at PC World (same company)

He said he wouldnt price match as its an online deal.
I said 'But its the same company'
He said 'Doesnt matter, i cant price match'

Absolute idiots, DSGi deserve to go bust. Another sale lost.

50pEachwayJay

I went into Currys today as i wanted this monitor too.It was £69.99 … I went into Currys today as i wanted this monitor too.It was £69.99 instore so i showed them proof of £49.99 at PC World (same company)He said he wouldnt price match as its an online deal.I said 'But its the same company'He said 'Doesnt matter, i cant price match'Absolute idiots, DSGi deserve to go bust. Another sale lost.

Ah there not as bad as years ago, think it was 2006 when LCD tvs were just getting popular, saw a tv instore at £1000. Went home ordered online (with their own discount code, no quidco etc) and got it for a smidgeon over £700 lol.
Got a 50" about 4 months ago and they wouldnt take off the £50 difference from their own online again. £50 cheaper and free delivery it was then, just had to wait a few days.
They managers must lose some amount of business to their own online stores, stupid of them not to try and bump up their shop business figures.

There's only one monitor on PC World's website at £49.99 and it's also £49.99 on Currys' website. If anything, you should be showing them Currys' website price. The "but it's the same parent company" shouldn't really be used because for all intents and purposes it's a different company for the consumer. The fact that they have the same parent company is only for internal work. A consumer saying it will only benefit if the manager wants to make a good deed, there is no obligation to.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants