Currys refund issues

Posted 8th May
Hey there guys, anyone been able to get a refund in the last 5 weeks from currys as I am really struggling to get one,.I have been in contact with them non-stop since the 12th April as I didn't receive my order and they said unfortunately the items I ordered are out of stock, so they kindly offered to wait or for a refund. As they couldn't confirm a delivery date I asked for a refund. It has been 5 weeks and I have had non-stop communication with their customer service which is a third party company called TeamKnowHow and I have yet to have a refund be issued/processed. They keep throwing the same line at me that one has been requested but the online team has yet to respond to their request.

I have even seen news articles such as this online - thisismoney.co.uk/mon…top so now I am getting a bit worried as it's an expensive order.

Any advice would be incredibl helpful thank you
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Karim_1708/05/2020 14:34

I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t p …I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t process the refund if it’s active so told me to close the dispute, which I did 4.5 weeks ago

Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.
Paypal would have paid you back weeks ago.
42 Comments
Raise a charge back with your card issuer?
bozo00708/05/2020 14:31

Raise a charge back with your card issuer?

I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t process the refund if it’s active so told me to close the dispute, which I did 4.5 weeks ago
Try their ceo team normally quicker but might not be at this time.

ceoemail.com/s.p…045

@Jason another one for the naughty list

I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t p …I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t process the refund if it’s active so told me to close the dispute, which I did 4.5 weeks ago

I think their office staff are all mostly off, i purchased an item off currys ebay, had items missing and i waited three days for a reply and didn't get one so ive opened a dispute on ebay and in a few days it will get escalated which ill be happy with if ebay refund me £219 for the monitor because a £5 lead is missing lol

Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.
Paypal would have paid you back weeks ago.
bigwheels08/05/2020 14:39

Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.Paypal would have paid you back weeks …Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.Paypal would have paid you back weeks ago.

And it cannot be opened again.

F

You shouldn’t have closed it as PayPal would have found in your favour. It maybe worth contacting PayPal and explaining what’s happed and that you were asked to close by the seller. Worth a try.
bigwheels08/05/2020 14:39

Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.Paypal would have paid you back weeks …Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.Paypal would have paid you back weeks ago.

I know I wish I didn’t close the case, ive leant my lesson now
MrWalle08/05/2020 14:47

You shouldn’t have closed it as PayPal would have found in your favour. It …You shouldn’t have closed it as PayPal would have found in your favour. It maybe worth contacting PayPal and explaining what’s happed and that you were asked to close by the seller. Worth a try.

That’s what I did, I provided evidence of it, I’ve learnt for next time for sure
Proof of them asking for me to close it is attached
40681549-9zlVg.jpg
eslick08/05/2020 14:35

Try their ceo team normally quicker but might not be at this …Try their ceo team normally quicker but might not be at this time.https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9045@Jason another one for the naughty list

I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within 2 days and sort the issue.
Used it during Corona and they did get back to me straight away and sorted the issue.
aj215208/05/2020 15:24

I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within …I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within 2 days and sort the issue. Used it during Corona and they did get back to me straight away and sorted the issue.

Yeah us too but you don’t know at the moment could take longer. Ah see your edit, that’s good

Used them twice, they told me to go into the store and speak to Dave, he didn’t exist but the gave me my money back no issues. Second time was missing cash back didn’t expect anything but they sent a cheque within a couple of days.
aj215208/05/2020 15:24

I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within …I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within 2 days and sort the issue. Used it during Corona and they did get back to me straight away and sorted the issue.

I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they will get back to me, sorry if that is a stupid question
Just got off the phone from PayPal they are helping with the refund as they said currys shouldn't have asked me to close the dispute and as I have photographic proof they should be able to assist, will update when this gets sorted
Karim_1708/05/2020 15:34

I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they …I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they will get back to me, sorry if that is a stupid question

Yes just email your problem to them
aj215208/05/2020 16:25

Yes just email your problem to them

Ok I’ll email it to them now thank you
Maybe you’ll get lucky and get a refund AND the PayPal dispute win. Then go bust like Currys will eventually and don’t pay your creditors
Karim_1708/05/2020 15:34

I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they …I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they will get back to me, sorry if that is a stupid question

Yes. There will be a few people either managing his mailbox or he will simply forward these emails to the team managing executive escalations.
This is why people use amazon. You'd have had your refund as soon as you asked for it. Remember that next time you see something marginally cheaper in PC world.
MrKrabs08/05/2020 19:14

This is why people use amazon. You'd have had your refund as soon as you …This is why people use amazon. You'd have had your refund as soon as you asked for it. Remember that next time you see something marginally cheaper in PC world.

I only ordered from it because it was in stock, not cheapness, but I’ve learnt my lesson, never ever ever again
bozo00708/05/2020 18:31

Yes. There will be a few people either managing his mailbox or he will …Yes. There will be a few people either managing his mailbox or he will simply forward these emails to the team managing executive escalations.

It’s a team managing the escalations email, his real email isn’t that one, all big companies have those teams. I did have the CEO PA call me from euro car parts when their other company told me they didn’t follow the consumer rights act. She was so shocked I had his email address bit she did sort things out for me quickly.
Edited by: "eslick" 8th May
eslick08/05/2020 22:51

It’s a team managing the escalations email, his real email isn’t that one, …It’s a team managing the escalations email, his real email isn’t that one, all big companies have those teams. I did have the CEO PA call me from euro car parts when their other company told me they didn’t follow the consumer rights act. She was so shocked I had his email address bit she did sort things out for me quickly.

Hopefully they reply swiftly, thanks again for the further info
It's my rule number 1 never use currys!
God awful company, offer credit notes instead of refunds.
Cancel orders whenever they feel like.
Never keep to delivery dates.
I use AO and they have been amazing.
geebeegooner09/05/2020 11:37

It's my rule number 1 never use currys!God awful company, offer credit …It's my rule number 1 never use currys!God awful company, offer credit notes instead of refunds.Cancel orders whenever they feel like.Never keep to delivery dates.I use AO and they have been amazing.

A rule I will be following from now on too
Still unable to get a refund now, will keep it updated if I find a way to get one ^__^
Ok guys I might’ve got an update, will confirm tomorrow ^__^
Any updates regarding this ??
Having a similar issue. Ordered a TV unit that was out of stock and told refund would take a few working days... Its now been nearly 3 weeks. Paid by gift card so thought this might be what has caused the delay but clearly others having the same issue.
Francesco_DeLuca17/05/2020 10:52

Any updates regarding this ??

They have said they issued a refund and on the PayPal after I threatened to get a solicitor involved, however the funds haven’t reached my bank account so will update once I get it in my bank account ^__^
VanDutch17/05/2020 12:08

Having a similar issue. Ordered a TV unit that was out of stock and told …Having a similar issue. Ordered a TV unit that was out of stock and told refund would take a few working days... Its now been nearly 3 weeks. Paid by gift card so thought this might be what has caused the delay but clearly others having the same issue.

Yes just pester then and threaten to get a lawyer involved
Hi Karim, I am having the same problem. My order was cancelled, curry’s said they processed refund weeks ago but no notifications from PayPal.

did you threaten a solicitor over the phone? And how long after that did you get a notification from PayPal to say that you had been issued a refund?

thanks
Francesco_DeLuca18/05/2020 07:11

Hi Karim, I am having the same problem. My order was cancelled, curry’s s …Hi Karim, I am having the same problem. My order was cancelled, curry’s said they processed refund weeks ago but no notifications from PayPal.did you threaten a solicitor over the phone? And how long after that did you get a notification from PayPal to say that you had been issued a refund?thanks

Hey there sorry it’s happening to you too, I threatened them over Twitter teamknowhowuk and then two days later suddenly got the notification on PayPal. Still no funds in my bank account tho
Once PayPal notify you, it can take 3-5 working days for the money to be processed and in your bank. The main thing is you got the notification which shows that Curry’s have now processed it correctly!

is there any way I would be able to take a look at your chat or could you tell me exactly what you said? I’m struggling so much with this
Francesco_DeLuca19/05/2020 08:16

Once PayPal notify you, it can take 3-5 working days for the money to be …Once PayPal notify you, it can take 3-5 working days for the money to be processed and in your bank. The main thing is you got the notification which shows that Curry’s have now processed it correctly!is there any way I would be able to take a look at your chat or could you tell me exactly what you said? I’m struggling so much with this

I’ll breakdown what I said, I basically constantly asked for my refund or proof of refund, they didn’t provide it, I also emailed the CEO 2 weeks ago which someone on this thread advised, then I decided after getting generic responses, to threaten a lawyer and a bank chargeback and then after a couple days of me being silent they messaged to say it had been completed.

I know it takes 3-5 days but it’s the 5th day today and no refund so not sure why I haven’t received the funds in my bank account tbh
Thanks for the help mate, I’ll try it and see what they say.

oh no, hopefully the funds come in soon. Getting hold of PayPal is a mission at the moment too
Francesco_DeLuca20/05/2020 09:59

Thanks for the help mate, I’ll try it and see what they say. oh no, h …Thanks for the help mate, I’ll try it and see what they say. oh no, hopefully the funds come in soon. Getting hold of PayPal is a mission at the moment too

Yes no comment, but hopefully they do come through and if you need any help let me know ^__^

40813576-uia4m.jpg
hell yes I got the refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWOWOWOOWOWOW
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions