Posted 8th May 2020
Hey there guys, anyone been able to get a refund in the last 5 weeks from currys as I am really struggling to get one,.I have been in contact with them non-stop since the 12th April as I didn't receive my order and they said unfortunately the items I ordered are out of stock, so they kindly offered to wait or for a refund. As they couldn't confirm a delivery date I asked for a refund. It has been 5 weeks and I have had non-stop communication with their customer service which is a third party company called TeamKnowHow and I have yet to have a refund be issued/processed. They keep throwing the same line at me that one has been requested but the online team has yet to respond to their request.

I have even seen news articles such as this online - thisismoney.co.uk/mon…top so now I am getting a bit worried as it's an expensive order.

Any advice would be incredibl helpful thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

48 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Karim_1708/05/2020 14:34

I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t p …I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t process the refund if it’s active so told me to close the dispute, which I did 4.5 weeks ago

Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.
    Paypal would have paid you back weeks ago.
    Author
    Just got off the phone from PayPal they are helping with the refund as they said currys shouldn't have asked me to close the dispute and as I have photographic proof they should be able to assist, will update when this gets sorted
    It's my rule number 1 never use currys!
    God awful company, offer credit notes instead of refunds.
    Cancel orders whenever they feel like.
    Never keep to delivery dates.
    I use AO and they have been amazing.
    Raise a charge back with your card issuer?

I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t p …I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t process the refund if it’s active so told me to close the dispute, which I did 4.5 weeks ago

I think their office staff are all mostly off, i purchased an item off currys ebay, had items missing and i waited three days for a reply and didn't get one so ive opened a dispute on ebay and in a few days it will get escalated which ill be happy with if ebay refund me £219 for the monitor because a £5 lead is missing lol

You shouldn’t have closed it as PayPal would have found in your favour. It maybe worth contacting PayPal and explaining what’s happed and that you were asked to close by the seller. Worth a try.
    Karim_1708/05/2020 15:34

I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they …I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they will get back to me, sorry if that is a stupid question

Yes. There will be a few people either managing his mailbox or he will simply forward these emails to the team managing executive escalations.
    This is why people use amazon. You'd have had your refund as soon as you asked for it. Remember that next time you see something marginally cheaper in PC world.
    Author
    deleted7595308/05/2020 22:51

It’s a team managing the escalations email, his real email isn’t that one, …It’s a team managing the escalations email, his real email isn’t that one, all big companies have those teams. I did have the CEO PA call me from euro car parts when their other company told me they didn’t follow the consumer rights act. She was so shocked I had his email address bit she did sort things out for me quickly.

Hopefully they reply swiftly, thanks again for the further info
    Author
    geebeegooner09/05/2020 11:37

It's my rule number 1 never use currys!God awful company, offer credit …It's my rule number 1 never use currys!God awful company, offer credit notes instead of refunds.Cancel orders whenever they feel like.Never keep to delivery dates.I use AO and they have been amazing.

A rule I will be following from now on too
    Author
    hell yes I got the refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWOWOWOOWOWOW
    I have just opened a refund dispute with Currys. Been waiting for 6 weeks for a refund, can only use Web chat to contact them, and so far I have been told that :
    I have been refunded.
    That it's still being processed.
    That (again) I have already been refunded.
    And, finally, that they don't have any proof that they refunded me but if I open a dispute through PayPal, they won't be able to refund me??!.
    PayPal on the other hand, actually spoke to me on the phone and guided me through the dispute process.
    Suzieb8108/01/2021 15:52

Iam waiting for a large amount of money to be refunded! Payed with PayPal …Iam waiting for a large amount of money to be refunded! Payed with PayPal too. Reading these comments I wished I had never ordered from them. I’ve been on their fb page & it’s just complaints. Fingers crossed refund is in soon else they will have a bill from my bank for charges

Open a dispute via PayPal instead of waiting on curry’s to action your refund.
    Anyone ever have an issue with Currys leave them a negative review on Trustpilot. I've done this twice - they have a dedicated team to deal with issues raised in this way. They responded to me within 4-6 hours of leaving a review and both my issues were resolved in less than 24 hours.
    Sent back a couple of unused items at the end of December and only today have I received a refund. I made several calls to their Team-No-Nothings but had absolutely no joy whatsoever. Ended up opening an ebay dispute and finally got my money back today. It would have to be one hell of a bargain for me to ever consider buying anything from them again.
    Author
    bozo00708/05/2020 14:31

Raise a charge back with your card issuer?

I paid through PayPal, I had an open dispute but they told me they can’t process the refund if it’s active so told me to close the dispute, which I did 4.5 weeks ago
    Anonymous User
    Try their ceo team normally quicker but might not be at this time.

ceoemail.com/s.p…045

@Jason another one for the naughty list
    bigwheels08/05/2020 14:39

Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.Paypal would have paid you back weeks …Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.Paypal would have paid you back weeks ago.

And it cannot be opened again.

F
    Author
    bigwheels08/05/2020 14:39

Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.Paypal would have paid you back weeks …Big mistake closing Paypal dispute.Paypal would have paid you back weeks ago.

I know I wish I didn’t close the case, ive leant my lesson now
    Author
    MrWalle08/05/2020 14:47

You shouldn’t have closed it as PayPal would have found in your favour. It …You shouldn’t have closed it as PayPal would have found in your favour. It maybe worth contacting PayPal and explaining what’s happed and that you were asked to close by the seller. Worth a try.

That’s what I did, I provided evidence of it, I’ve learnt for next time for sure
    Author
    Proof of them asking for me to close it is attached
    40681549-9zlVg.jpg
    deleted7595308/05/2020 14:35

Try their ceo team normally quicker but might not be at this …Try their ceo team normally quicker but might not be at this time.https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9045@Jason another one for the naughty list

I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within 2 days and sort the issue.
    Used it during Corona and they did get back to me straight away and sorted the issue.
    Anonymous User
    aj215208/05/2020 15:24

I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within …I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within 2 days and sort the issue. Used it during Corona and they did get back to me straight away and sorted the issue.

Yeah us too but you don’t know at the moment could take longer. Ah see your edit, that’s good

Used them twice, they told me to go into the store and speak to Dave, he didn’t exist but the gave me my money back no issues. Second time was missing cash back didn’t expect anything but they sent a cheque within a couple of days.
    Author
    aj215208/05/2020 15:24

I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within …I’ve used the CEO email many times and they usually get back to you within 2 days and sort the issue. Used it during Corona and they did get back to me straight away and sorted the issue.

I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they will get back to me, sorry if that is a stupid question
    Karim_1708/05/2020 15:34

I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they …I'm confused so I simply email Alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone and they will get back to me, sorry if that is a stupid question

Yes just email your problem to them
    Author
    aj215208/05/2020 16:25

Yes just email your problem to them

Ok I’ll email it to them now thank you
    Maybe you’ll get lucky and get a refund AND the PayPal dispute win. Then go bust like Currys will eventually and don’t pay your creditors
    Author
    MrKrabs08/05/2020 19:14

This is why people use amazon. You'd have had your refund as soon as you …This is why people use amazon. You'd have had your refund as soon as you asked for it. Remember that next time you see something marginally cheaper in PC world.

I only ordered from it because it was in stock, not cheapness, but I’ve learnt my lesson, never ever ever again
    Anonymous User
    bozo00708/05/2020 18:31

Yes. There will be a few people either managing his mailbox or he will …Yes. There will be a few people either managing his mailbox or he will simply forward these emails to the team managing executive escalations.

It’s a team managing the escalations email, his real email isn’t that one, all big companies have those teams. I did have the CEO PA call me from euro car parts when their other company told me they didn’t follow the consumer rights act. She was so shocked I had his email address bit she did sort things out for me quickly. (edited)
    Author
    Still unable to get a refund now, will keep it updated if I find a way to get one ^__^
    Author
    Ok guys I might’ve got an update, will confirm tomorrow ^__^
    Having a similar issue. Ordered a TV unit that was out of stock and told refund would take a few working days... Its now been nearly 3 weeks. Paid by gift card so thought this might be what has caused the delay but clearly others having the same issue.
    Author
    deleted249915317/05/2020 10:52

Comment deleted

They have said they issued a refund and on the PayPal after I threatened to get a solicitor involved, however the funds haven’t reached my bank account so will update once I get it in my bank account ^__^
    Author
    VanDutch17/05/2020 12:08

Having a similar issue. Ordered a TV unit that was out of stock and told …Having a similar issue. Ordered a TV unit that was out of stock and told refund would take a few working days... Its now been nearly 3 weeks. Paid by gift card so thought this might be what has caused the delay but clearly others having the same issue.

Yes just pester then and threaten to get a lawyer involved
    Author
    deleted249915318/05/2020 07:11

Comment deleted

Hey there sorry it’s happening to you too, I threatened them over Twitter teamknowhowuk and then two days later suddenly got the notification on PayPal. Still no funds in my bank account tho
    Author
    deleted249915319/05/2020 08:16

Comment deleted

I’ll breakdown what I said, I basically constantly asked for my refund or proof of refund, they didn’t provide it, I also emailed the CEO 2 weeks ago which someone on this thread advised, then I decided after getting generic responses, to threaten a lawyer and a bank chargeback and then after a couple days of me being silent they messaged to say it had been completed.

I know it takes 3-5 days but it’s the 5th day today and no refund so not sure why I haven’t received the funds in my bank account tbh
    Author
    deleted249915320/05/2020 09:59

Comment deleted

Yes no comment, but hopefully they do come through and if you need any help let me know ^__^

40813576-uia4m.jpg
's avatar
Top Merchants