Currys Refunds

Posted 9th Apr
If you need a refund for any reason it is currently taking them an age to process it.
I cancelled an order less than an hour after placing it on Sunday - my mistake, didn't read the description properly.
Cancelled it ok, and got an email to say i will be refunded shortly.
Money was debited from my account the next day anyhow, Monday.
Today, Thursday i call and get informed the refund is still pending to be processed and they don't know when it will get processed due to staff shortages.

Just a heads up really, as not something they are willing to note in their covid-19 updates.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

5 Comments
Guessing this is probably they same with many other companies at the minute
Someone has to physically authorise the refund even though nothing was dispatched? Seems a little silly, you'd think it would be done automatcially once you've cancelled.
Most companies are the same at the moment...I have ordered a few things from different websites but they state their refund process is taking longer than usual if require a refund due to staff shortages to process them and most days can be 10 days to go back into your account...curry’s will refund you but as I said above...will be longer than usual timeframe(y)
McShane109/04/2020 09:26

Someone has to physically authorise the refund even though nothing was …Someone has to physically authorise the refund even though nothing was dispatched? Seems a little silly, you'd think it would be done automatcially once you've cancelled.

Most companies only charge on dispatch of the goods.
Initially the money taken is only pending from the customers account, and then charged when the goods dispatched.

If they had done this there would be no need for a refund or extra manpower to process it, the pending amount would simply have been unclaimed and returned.
currys normally take around 7 days to process a refund
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions