currys reserve and collect

reserved something of line yesterday to collect today at currys had email confirming with order number went into store today to collect and how annoying no order. emailed head office and received this back
Thank you for your email dated 29th December 2008 regarding a Reserve & Collect issue.
I was concerned to learn that a reserved product was not in stock at the store and apologise for the frustration and disappointment caused. On occasions, this may be due to a web error where the online site lets customers reserve the product, when the product is not actually at the store. I have passed this onto our Web Team to get this rectified.
Having said this, it does state under the terms and conditions of the Reserve & Collect that items are not guaranteed. As this is the case, we cannot help you any further in this matter. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused in this matter.

12 Comments

Doesnt surprise me - I reserved some DS games in comet other month and when I got there they never had them

not much you can do then, apart from not buying from them again, it has happened a few time with me and can be really annoying..

same thing happened to me with a microwave.
I told them what is the point in having reserve and collect, if customers can reserved but have nothing to collect! I was fuming!

Original Poster

i know its so annoying but thought i would warn others because i thougt once reserved that meant order was in oh well lesson learnt

Yeah. They have a probem with their reserve and collect. I reserved something at my local store and got a phone call from them to say they didn`t have it. I`d have been more annoyed if i had actually gone there to collect. Dont know why they bother offering the service tbh as they obviously cant cope with it.

charlene265;3890701

Doesnt surprise me - I reserved some DS games in comet other month and … Doesnt surprise me - I reserved some DS games in comet other month and when I got there they never had them

me too i phoned and complained but they didn't want to know

rosie2008;3890747

Yeah. They have a probem with their reserve and collect. I reserved … Yeah. They have a probem with their reserve and collect. I reserved something at my local store and got a phone call from them to say they didn`t have it. I`d have been more annoyed if i had actually gone there to collect. Dont know why they bother offering the service tbh as they obviously cant cope with it.

true

Original Poster

in the shop they laughed when i said i reserved item and told me it means nothing to them they said it happens all the time in there and adviced me not to do it

Of about the dozen or so times I have reserved online only about 6 have been in stock, but I always got a phone call a little while after I've reserved to tell me its not in stock.

Original Poster

i had no phone call wish i had thats why i went down there

Just had exactly the same thing happen this afternoon, reserved a satnav, drove 20 miles to pick it up only to be told " the only one we have is a customer returned damaged unit" as if I would want that..... when I asked why they hadn`t had the decency to telephone me her reply was " we`ve been busy"
Thats the last time I use Slurrys!:x

these MoFo's at PCW & Currys take the stuff for themselves when the deals a good un.
I popped in to PCW and an item was 1 in stock at another local branch so i rang em and the SOB employee on the other side said "i just bought it none in stock now"
what a F*****g ******* and ****
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. love affairs1649
    2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
    3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
    4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions