custom back box exhaust

Found 26th Feb 2016
I'm based in Oldham willing to travel 30miles

Does anybody know where I can get a custom back box with dual working tailpipes made?

Mines broken and I paid £170 for mine including tailpipes and fitting.
I went back to same people and they are asking for £240+... clearly being ripped off.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

Power flow exhausts in deeside industrial estate, might be just over 30 miles though!

Original Poster

Is that Unit 14 Technology Business Park
Duckworth Street
BB54LQ

£240 sounds reasonable (even cheap) to me.

Original Poster

nah that's a ripoff price

Original Poster

goodideatom

Power flow exhausts in deeside industrial estate, might be just over 30 … Power flow exhausts in deeside industrial estate, might be just over 30 miles though!

​is that the address of where you mean that I've posted?

I assume you insurance has been made aware that you have a modified / non standard exhaust fitted?

EliTom

Yes powerflow best best

branches at
demon tweeks
crewe

How long ago did you have yours done? The price of metal may have changed since then so maybe that's why the higher cost?

Original Poster

HondaLad

How long ago did you have yours done? The price of metal may have changed … How long ago did you have yours done? The price of metal may have changed since then so maybe that's why the higher cost?

​3yrs. I'm lucky to do 5k of driving a yr and I park under shelter... it's rusted soo much it's barley hanging on.

Original Poster

elitom

I assume you insurance has been made aware that you have a modified / non … I assume you insurance has been made aware that you have a modified / non standard exhaust fitted?EliTom

​i think you are on the wrong post as you're contribution is irrelevant.
But thanks for the concern.

dbzitb

​3yrs. I'm lucky to do 5k of driving a yr and I park under shelter... i … ​3yrs. I'm lucky to do 5k of driving a yr and I park under shelter... it's rusted soo much it's barley hanging on.

maybe that is why it was cheap!

what is wrong with a standard back box? - and maybe cheaper too

EliTom

dbzitb

​is that the address of where you mean that I've posted?

No sorry it's down the m56 towards Wales it will be ch something

​3yrs. I'm lucky to do 5k of driving a yr and I park under shelter... it's rusted soo much it's barley hanging on.

Oh sorry I just guessed it was a stainless box that's why I said about metal prices.

dbzitb

​3yrs. I'm lucky to do 5k of driving a yr and I park under shelter... i … ​3yrs. I'm lucky to do 5k of driving a yr and I park under shelter... it's rusted soo much it's barley hanging on.

You got what you paid for, which by the sounds of it was a cheap bit of tat from eBay/China.

If you want a proper custom steel backbox which will last the life of the car it will cost a lot more that £170 in parts alone. I'd recommend Longlife but they're not in your price range.

Original Poster

seabs

You got what you paid for, which by the sounds of it was a cheap bit of … You got what you paid for, which by the sounds of it was a cheap bit of tat from eBay/China. If you want a proper custom steel backbox which will last the life of the car it will cost a lot more that £170 in parts alone. I'd recommend Longlife but they're not in your price range.

​it wasn't from eBay.
it was from a performance garage called TG Silencers in Rochdale.
it was custom made.
Post a comment
@
    Text