Found 24th Nov 2016
Want to get a phone via ebay sending from China/HK and there are sellers says 'no tax DUTY'. Genuine? How do they 'guarantee'? If get caught, who is going to pay? Example: ebay.co.uk/itm…749?var=&hash=item1eb461c34d:m:mO3yU256jlwijr11PGfkVjw

13 Comments

HotDealAlert

Genuine?

No.

HotDealAlert

How do they 'guarantee'?

They don't.

HotDealAlert

If get caught, who is going to pay?

You.

HotDealAlert

Genuine?

HotDealAlert

How do they 'guarantee'?

HotDealAlert

If get caught, who is going to pay?

A perfect, succinct answer.

There are no guarantee's when buying from china.
If you select free shipping (not DHL) it is 'unlikely' to get caught, although if it does its an extra £25 approx which you will have pay.
I have ordered Mi Max approx 3 weeks ago and received today, was marked as gift and declaration value $20
I didnt have to pay anything, as most people.
Make sure you get the Global edition (sealed and unflashed)

I'm considering buying this, would you recommend it anyone that has used it?

Original Poster

Apart from Gearbest, what other companies would have EU warehouse for guarantee no custom charge? Thanks

h1m1

I'm considering buying this, would you recommend it anyone that has used … I'm considering buying this, would you recommend it anyone that has used it?

Great phone, maga thread on here; hotukdeals.com/dea…637

Just don't buy it from that supplier...

Thanks Steve

Sellers can pre-pay tax and duty if you just want to pay the one price but anyone offering tax evasion is quite clearly dubious to begin with.

HotDealAlert

Apart from Gearbest, what other companies would have EU warehouse for … Apart from Gearbest, what other companies would have EU warehouse for guarantee no custom charge? Thanks

Banggood have an EU warehouse, but like most of the sellers over there, it doesn't carry anything like the full range.
If you order from China and have it sent China post you're 99% sure to avoid any charges. They declare the value of everything they send at $20, so unless you're incredibly unlucky and customs actually open it to check it'll go through fine.

Original Poster

so for this price range ~£100, would you say this is the best choice, considering camera and general speed.?

HotDealAlert

so for this price range ~£100, would you say this is the best choice, … so for this price range ~£100, would you say this is the best choice, considering camera and general speed.?

It's a good spec and a good price as Xiaomi have just released a new batch of handsets. There's a good chance this one will be even cheaper in the Jan sales as they will be even newer devices out by then and the dealers over there will want to clear their old stock. Depends on how quickly you need a new phone?

there one or two retailers offering a tax insurance. basically you pay a little extra, then if you get caught for tax you send them the bill and they refund you

also heard that anything under £130 ish won't get taxed even if it is selected for inspection
Edited by: "waynehardy" 25th Nov 2016

Original Poster

waynehardy

there one or two retailers offering a tax insurance. basically you pay a … there one or two retailers offering a tax insurance. basically you pay a little extra, then if you get caught for tax you send them the bill and they refund youalso heard that anything under £130 ish won't get taxed even if it is selected for inspection

thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options33
    2. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed437
    3. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway46
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop22

See more discussions