Custom Charges Questions

Hi i have an order coming from abroad and the total value is £45, however it is 2 items that are coming in one package.

I was wondering whether i will be charged at customs? Is the custom charge based on value of package or value of each item in the package?

Thanks

8 Comments

depends what country it's coming from?

If it's from the EU you'll be ok, if it's not then you pay depending on the value, regardless of units inside. You have exceeded the limit so should be charged

RiPPeR

If it's from the EU you'll be ok, if it's not then you pay depending on … If it's from the EU you'll be ok, if it's not then you pay depending on the value, regardless of units inside. You have exceeded the limit so should be charged

do they open every package at customs? i want to order from focalprice but its £130 , how much would i get charged on that? thanks

Original Poster

RiPPeR

If it's from the EU you'll be ok, if it's not then you pay depending on … If it's from the EU you'll be ok, if it's not then you pay depending on the value, regardless of units inside. You have exceeded the limit so should be charged

So it based on the value of shipment not individual items?

I should have just ordered each item independently

It goes on the value that is put on the customs form, if it's more than £18 you are liable for charges. You could have 100 items worth 1p each and get no charges.

Some sellers will put a lower value on the form if asked this exempts you from the charges, email them and ask before despatch, although that is actually illegal

If you order a item valued at 130 there is quite a charge as you have VAT to add and import tax swell as a charge from Royalmail

RiPPeR

If you order a item valued at 130 there is quite a charge as you have VAT … If you order a item valued at 130 there is quite a charge as you have VAT to add and import tax swell as a charge from Royalmail

i thought so , i know the royalmail charge a handling fee of £8 but im not sure what the charges would be added on , is it 17.5% of the full cost then duty on top? thanks

Royalmail have more charges it depends on the value I got charged £23 once, it's value + vat + import (which can vary depending on what the goods are) the RM charges. I bet you'll be looking at around another £60+ on a £130 buy
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Criminal Immigrants and British Justice - makes me proud!2137
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764004
    3. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…22
    4. Ebid over Ebay33

See more discussions