Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

custom led tv strip for back of tv backlight

Posted 17th Apr
hi i bought a tv strip for behind my tv for colours backlight its way to short, and i need to order a new one i couldn't put it on with the corners can i buy custom ones what i can put up and not have to cut thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Sorry but what exactly are you wanting?
I ended up buying 2 as well. They seperate anyway, well the ones I got do. They are strips, so you can just connect them together. I ended up using the 2nd one excess (usb part) I bought on a different TV.

Not sure if that's what you mean by the corners.
Edited by: "Frankie77" 17th Apr
Any lengths available off ebay with remotes to make any colour or funky light patterns. Peel and stick on.
i want to put it round the very edge all the way around the tv to maximise light but going round the corners is hard
Edited by: "kevlfc" 17th Apr
kevlfc17/04/2020 21:34

i want to put it round the very edge all the way around the tv to maximise …i want to put it round the very edge all the way around the tv to maximise light but going round the corners is hard

what’s hard? Just go round as opposed to trying to do a 90 degree angle- you wont notice any difference in light uniformity. else get the led strip corner connectors off ebay
I simply 'bent' mine around, without bending them if you know what I mean. More like curving them.
lol ive tryed to bend it and i cant lol
Are you trying to use a single strip all the way round ? You can buy a kit from amazon for around £15 that is 4 separate strips for each edge plus connectors , even works with Alexa - Tv leds
I tried using the 'corner' connections but these were a bit hit and miss , ended up with just a single strip across the back of the TV . This is powerful enough for mood lighting but TBH the novelty soon wore off and it doesn't get used now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions