Groups

customer rights

Hi
    Could you advice? Ive purchased an induction cooker and an oven from B&Q couple months ago. The item is defective. you can use only 2 burners at the time and it wont boil unless the temp is on setting 7 or 8. The front on the cooker is rusty already, which is very strange as never happened even to my old cookers and this one only few months old. Ive contacted B&Q and as I wanted to return it. In my opinion its not fixable.
    B&q has advised to contact Beko direct.
    Before I will I would like to know if Im right to request money back for as is under 1 years old?
    many thanks for your help

9 Comments

From my understanding all products bought by consumers should have a 12 year warranty, but I may be wrong

Take it back to b&q , they are responsible if it is faulty during the first 6 months after this then it would be Beko

Your first port of call should be the retailer that you bought the goods from. So it should be B&Q who should resolve this problem. What did Beko say? Can it be fixed?

According to Which?

After the first 30 days you must allow the retailer at least one attempt at repair or replacement before you're entitled to a refund.

which.co.uk/con…uct
    Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

First your contract of purchase is with B&Q not beko. If they wish to contact the manufacturer to look at the item they can.

As for the two issues. First induction hobs need setting to a power level. If it's not wired into a dedicated cooker circuit then it will be limited to 3kw (which typically will be 2 rings) If installed to a recommended 40Amp circuit it should be able to be set so all items work on full lower.

The second item will depend on the exact problem with the rust. If it is a manufacturing defect in the metal has defective paint and the water is from steam from the cooker. If it is because it been damaged in the home and the rust is because of say mopping the floor you may not have a case.

Your best action would probably contact B&Q head office stating that you wish to reject the item and you are happy for them to inspect it. Get a copy of the report. Then you can decide if you wish to take it further.

Edited by: "GAVINLEWISHUKD" 21st Sep 2016

Original Poster

wow you are all fantastic.
    thank you very much

Original Poster

answered

GAVINLEWISHUKD

First your contract of purchase is with B&Q not beko. If they wish to … First your contract of purchase is with B&Q not beko. If they wish to contact the manufacturer to look at the item they can.

OP states it been more than 1 month, i.e. 30 days have passed. So surely this is a matter of the manufacture (beko) to repair under warranty.
    Edited by: "kiish" 21st Sep 2016

kiish

OP states it been more than 1 month, i.e. 30 days have passed. So surely … OP states it been more than 1 month, i.e. 30 days have passed. So surely this is a matter of the manufacture (beko) to repair under warranty.

In the first 6 months the burden of proof lies with the seller so basically the buyer can return the faulty product to the seller for either a refund, replacement or repair. After that the burden of proof lies with the buyer to prove that the item is faulty. It is much easier to return within the 28 day no questions asked window however consumer law covers the buyer for at least 6 years. Obviously the longer time has elapsed, the harder the fight to invoke your consumer rights.

kiish

OP states it been more than 1 month, i.e. 30 days have passed. So surely … OP states it been more than 1 month, i.e. 30 days have passed. So surely this is a matter of the manufacture (beko) to repair under warranty.

Consumers Rights Act 2015
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047163
      2. word association Game74044552
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767400
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1527

See more discussions