Groups

Customs Charge

ok so just received a card from royal mail telling me that I need to pay a fee on a hd-dvd i bought from DVD Pacific (duh me!)

Planet Earth HD - $70.53 + $4.47 = $75 (£37)

...and was wondering why im being charged £14.15 fees?! should it not be 17.5% on the total value i.e. £6.48?! what happens if i decline the package?

thanks for any help! steve

ps. for future reference whats the limit on buying stuff from the US without getting hit by customs!??

5 Comments

steveuk

ok so just received a card from royal mail telling me that I need to pay … ok so just received a card from royal mail telling me that I need to pay a fee on a hd-dvd i bought from DVD Pacific (duh me!)Planet Earth HD - $70.53 + $4.47 = $75 (£37)...and was wondering why im being charged £14.15 fees?! should it not be 17.5% on the total value i.e. £6.48?! what happens if i decline the package?thanks for any help! steve :)ps. for future reference whats the limit on buying stuff from the US without getting hit by customs!??

If the value of the goods is over £18.00 then you may get charged. You will also have to pay the 'Carrier', RM, PF or whoever delivers it a charge.
    This should explain:-
    ]http//cu…454

If you don't pay, the item should get returned, but getting a refund will be difficult.

Original Poster

thanks for your help! :thumbsup: think i'll just pay it off and take it as a lesson learnt! :-(

only order stuff under £18 at a time as said above to avoid the charges, boxsets more often than not get picked up on

Unless you email them & they mark it down or as a gift

ChrisUK

Unless you email them & they mark it down or as a gift

Don't think this makes much difference, I've just been done as well and it was marked as a gift. I beleive it has more to do with the contents and there value in the UK.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1823
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?616
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44
      4. Large card print/poster..11

See more discussions