Found 9th Jul 2007
Hello, i made a cv about 6 months ago at school, but i kinda forgot to print it off :whistling:.

So as i've now finished school i'm looking for a job, but for the life of me I cannot find or even remember what goes in a CV.

Are there any templates online or tutorials that help you make it.

I do have microsoft office if there are any templates out there. Any help would be superb

TIA xx

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Use word template for your cv.
If you create a new document, chose templates and pick one of the resume options. It will walk you through building your cv.

Couple o' links ]here Tom

Original Poster

Thanks mr charliee

t0mm

Thanks mr charliee

Watch the spelling tOmb....
Hope there's something of use there??!?

Original Poster

There was I'm applying for a few jobs [subway is one of them xD]

t0mm

There was I'm applying for a few jobs [subway is one of them xD]

I'll keep my eye on the news.....
("100's hospitalised in Nottingham's worst food poisoning outbreak since robin's batch of dodgy venison")

Good Luck BTW

Original Poster

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO

I'll keep my eye on the news.....("100's hospitalised in Nottingham's … I'll keep my eye on the news.....("100's hospitalised in Nottingham's worst food poisoning outbreak since robin's batch of dodgy venison")Good Luck BTW

Thanks, im just looking for a part time job, not a clue where to look though that are actually hiring, im gonna apply in the big supermarkets though

Banned

Good luck with your job search:)

t0mm

Thanks, im just looking for a part time job, not a clue where to look … Thanks, im just looking for a part time job, not a clue where to look though that are actually hiring, im gonna apply in the big supermarkets though

Look at your interests & just 'doorstep' a few places you'd actually like to work. If you're into films or music go into HMV or Virgin or whatever with your CV & ask for the manager or duty manager if they've got any vacancies, anything coming up or if they could keep your CV in case anything crops up. It shows your enthusiasm & interest & that's half of what most employers want. It could be time consuming doing it in person & you'll get plenty of knock-backs but it's better to give it a try than end up in some miserable job that you're only doing for a cr#p wage?!?!?

Few things I look for when I'm looking at CV's to employ people:

Page count: I like 2 pages, it means you have something to say, but not too much that you cant prioritise whats important.
History: any missing dates? if so what are you hiding?
Is it more than work history? IE do you have a life as well as work?
If you are a few years past school leaving - dont bother with all your grades etc, just ones that are relevant and a summary of the rest is usually fine.
Tailoring your CV for the job is also a good idea, look at whet the job description or advert asks for and make sure your CV covers that.

Read the CV through before you use it and if you can get a few other people to read it too, the extra effort will pay off.

Basically the CV is a way to get an interview, so dont be afraid to sell yourself!

Good luck!

Oh and a follow up call shows keenness and that as a company we wouldnt be wasting our time to get you in!

If you do get some part time work - work hard and be freindly if you are customer facing and you cant really go wrong!

never used cv's before
he's only looking for a part time job so like a previous poster has said door stop a few places

and only left school not much to put on there

I've not had to use a CV yet, Which is a bloomin good job as I didn't try at school so my grades are pants, Much prefer to talk to somebody and i've got a good reference from my previous job (which IMO counts for more than school grades, You can have all the grades under the sun and have zero common sense.)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.323
    2. Mobile phone advice710
    3. Christmas presents715
    4. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?24

See more discussions