Groups

CV advice

Can anyone reccomend any good sites that offer templates and advice?

9 Comments

I help people with cv's everyday, we don't use templates, just stick to this format

name
    address
    phone

personal profile

Key skills

employment history

Education

Interests

Refs

Centre the first 3, make your name a bit bigger, and bold.

Bullet point your key skills list.

Order employment history and education by date, use indents to keep it all tidy.

For references just put "references available on request"

Don't put your DOB on

i use to think CV's were really hard, but they're really not

Original Poster

Niceone cheers for that im after a new job after 8 years time for a change

(((ROBBO)));6044460

Niceone cheers for that im after a new job after 8 years time for a change

Cool, good luck :thumbsup:

I'd agree with chipsticks advice and this site sort of shows you how it should look.
    careersadvice.direct.gov.uk/:thumbsup:

ChipSticks;6044418

Centre the first 3, make your name a bit bigger, and bold.Bullet point … Centre the first 3, make your name a bit bigger, and bold.Bullet point your key skills list.Order employment history and education by date, use indents to keep it all tidy.For references just put "references available on request"Don't put your DOB on :)i use to think CV's were really hard, but they're really not

can u keep the reference list on or do u have to put "references available on request"?

also why no DOB and should you put a title infront of ur name e.g. Mr/Miss/Mrs etc

killabyte;6045733

can u keep the reference list on or do u have to put "references … can u keep the reference list on or do u have to put "references available on request"?also why no DOB and should you put a title infront of ur name e.g. Mr/Miss/Mrs etc

You're meant to take references off now, because of the data protection act :thumbsup:

No DOB is just because employers are not allowed to age discriminate, some still do, whether they like to admit it or not, lol

Hmmm I've never put a title on, but I don't see why not. We never do though

ChipSticks;6049471

You're meant to take references off now, because of the data protection … You're meant to take references off now, because of the data protection act :thumbsup:No DOB is just because employers are not allowed to age discriminate, some still do, whether they like to admit it or not, lolHmmm I've never put a title on, but I don't see why not. We never do though

ahh thanks...i'm sorting out my CV and just noticed an ad on MSN sayin 25 words you shouldn't use in ur CV, words like polite, hard-working, reliable...

is this true?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3881541
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1827
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2282
      4. word association Game72944196

See more discussions