Cv/ Mac problem

Hi all,
Just need some help, I have sent my CV to a company I would like to work for, not long heard back with them saying my attachment won't open and can I render it. Can anyone help me please, I have a mac, which may be why they can't open my file, tried sending the CV through textedit but still no luck with that either!
Many Thanks

10 Comments

Can you print straight to a pdf in the file print menu?

Original Poster

imafish2002

Can you print straight to a pdf in the file print menu?

I don't want to print it as it was all sent through emails

What software was the CV created in?

Original Poster

spic

What software was the CV created in?

Originally was from windows microsoft word, but then I transfered it to my mac through my emails and saved it in textedit. I don't have windows on this mac yet, and no access to another computer!

*katie*

You won't be printing it, but instead creating a PDF document that they will definitely be able to view.

You do this by clicking File, Print, then click PDF, Save As PDF file.

When you add attachment in Mail as well, make sure you click Attach, and then make sure you tick "add windows friendly attachments" hint - its at the bottom of the popup window.

*katie*

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this to be honest.

Original Poster

milesy29

You won't be printing it, but instead creating a PDF document that they … You won't be printing it, but instead creating a PDF document that they will definitely be able to view.You do this by clicking File, Print, then click PDF, Save As PDF file.When you add attachment in Mail as well, make sure you click Attach, and then make sure you tick " add windows friendly attachments" hint - its at the bottom of the popup window.

Thank you! I have attached it although I couldn't see the ' add windows friendly attachments' anywhere :-/

Original Poster

imafish2002

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this to be honest.

lol shush... I'm not the quickest with macs lol

It's like this after you click the 'Attach' button

http://home.earthlink.net/~bobbau/email/more-tips/applemail_windows_friendly.gif

Always a PDF file would be best. If the problem is with the email having an attachment, then it maybe possible to send a link to the PDF file for download.

This would require you upload the file where it can be accessed from. There are a number of sites that offer this service for free, such as: smashingapps.com/200…tml . This would be even better if you had your own website as you could post it there!

By doing this you can send the email at a smaller size, which is useful if you have large files!

Remember to test the link first with a trial email to yourself, also delete the file from the site after a set amount of time so its not accessed by others not authorised!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions