Groups

CV Writing? Where to start?!

I'm applying to study abroad for a semester at uni, and my personal tutor has requested my CV to enable him to write his reference for me. Only problem is, I've only ever written one CV before (and that was in Y10 and is long lost). Anyone got any good guides/templates I could use?

Many Thanks,

Ed

9 Comments

Name

Original Poster

danmc

Name

Cheers buddy. Rep added!

not.

Lmfao @ name....nutter!

emhaslam

Cheers buddy. Rep added! not.

Sorry couldn't help it, i've got some decent templates somewhere give me five minutes and I'll chuck em on.

Here's mine minus my deets, it may look simple but when an employers got a stack of them on his desk the faster he can get to the pertinent info the better.
    multiupload.com/UBN…PF4

Original Poster

danmc

Here's mine minus my deets, it may look simple but when an employers got … Here's mine minus my deets, it may look simple but when an employers got a stack of them on his desk the faster he can get to the pertinent info the better.[url=http://www.multiupload.com/UBNM1VQPF4]http://www.multiupload.com/UBNM1VQPF4[/url]

Cheers. Will bear that in mind (to keep it simple)...

Original Poster

Just out of interest, I've seen a few CV's (after a little gander on the internet) with a small objectives bit in it. Is that recommended?

Just make it all up theyll never check past your last/current job. If you have a gap to fill for whatever reason then choose a company that went bust at the time hehe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767501
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311388
      3. Tower Hill - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)44
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886407

See more discussions