Groups

cyanogen is no more ! bought wileyfox few weeks back keep or return?

just got news about cyanogen being now dead.

bought wileyfox swift 2 from amazon

had to return first one as it was faulty

now using second one , got it 3 weeks ago

shall I keep it or return ?

would return a second same phone affect my account>

11 Comments

if you are happy with phone why return it. only geeks and nerds care about updates. 95% of the smartphone users run a software that is outdated by a year at least

mattsokolinski

if you are happy with phone why return it. only geeks and nerds care … if you are happy with phone why return it. only geeks and nerds care about updates. 95% of the smartphone users run a software that is outdated by a year at least

​The most important thing for me are security updates. i don't understand why someone wouldnt want a secure smartphone.

Is it worth waiting til Tuesday, when there will be news on LineageOS?

what does this mean for the oneplus 3?

LineageOS will probably take over from it.

As for Oneplus, they'll be using their OxygenOS.

I wouldn't return it just for 'Cyanogen is no more' reason, if you're happy with the phone.
    It remains to be seen how Lineage OS, Cyanogenmod's successor lives on, but I'm already looking forward to it

jamierichardson129

​The most important thing for me are security updates. i don't understand … ​The most important thing for me are security updates. i don't understand why someone wouldnt want a secure smartphone.

riiiight... with >1 billion android users the chances of being hacked ar lower than winning a lottery. unless you pirate apps..

MrSpencer

what does this mean for the oneplus 3?

Nothing, they don't use Cyanogen

mattsokolinski

riiiight... with 1 billion android users the chances of being hacked ar … riiiight... with >1 billion android users the chances of being hacked ar lower than winning a lottery. unless you pirate apps..

​Winning the lottery is slim but people still do it,id rather not do the lottery with my personal details,thats all im saying.

Get rid you have just bought the Betamax of the phone world

jamierichardson129

​The most important thing for me are security updates. i don't understand … ​The most important thing for me are security updates. i don't understand why someone wouldnt want a secure smartphone.

LMAO

Security updates??

Hate to say this and welcome to the real world.

- Own a smartphone and security is gobe out the window!!!

Don't install apps outside the store, and you should be fine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1027
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions