Cyber Manners... .. Politics and Procrustination

Found 12th JanEdited by:"cloudthecat"
Has anybody else noticed in some of the "deals" or posts that the underlying "tone" of a number of contributors is somewhat hostile... (To say the least!)

I see another one of the more "vociferous" chappies has just got himself suspended..... .... -To say that we could see that coming is an understatement!

I mean - the on-line arguments and underlying "tone" of the comments on some of the deals and effort posted by others is just so so RUDE!

For instance, somebody posts a deal in "good faith" and puts a lot of effort into it.. ..
Within minutes some of the "usual suspects" have slated the deal and made their feelings more than known.

I saw somebody place their first ever deal today - and the poor individual got a right blasting from some.

Now, some of us say, that if a DEAL is HOT in the end it will end up that way anyway... ... But .... When you first place a DEAL and IMMEDIATELY it goes cold and you get disparaging comments from individuals that have or who have NEVER placed a deal in their entire membership of the site... Makes you wonder WHY they are even on here as members?

What is it that they find on here ... ... As they are not contributing anything positive...

How about that argument yesterday about the pros and cons of Brexit and the political parties... ... It was plainly obvious to most that it was heavily politically biased and any attempt to offer any kind of opinion would be SHOUTED DOWN and the tone of the language and accusations made.. .. .. . .

OMG!

And I thought this was a FRIENDLY site!

This doesn't in any way apply to the MAJORITY - not at all - in no way whatsoever is this aimed at such. However, there are or is a newer (for want of a better word) set of contributors on here these days that really ARE argumentative, pedantic and .. .. ..

There is nothing at all wrong with having an opinion on something, or following something or supporting something - but surely - just because I believe in this that or the other - my opinion is only that - MY opinion - it is no more important or valid than any other persons opinion - as in we are all equal... SO why get so defensive and aggressive... .. .. ..

Time for a Cadbury's Caramel I recon! :-)

(((((HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU ALL!!!!))))

Its not WHAT you say - it's HOW you say it!
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
I had to disable most of the discussion options after the site had the big update last year and things weren't sorted by category anymore... I had no idea bigotry was so rampant on the site at the time, it might be cleaner now hopefully but a few months ago it was stomach turning, it felt like browsing a certian forum with "4" in the
Fair comment..... .... Hmmmmm.....

I am just a little wide eyed and ... .. . surprised to an extent.... I mean that in sincerity not in any condescending or patronising way... Just sad that there are so many negative comments applied to / against what others have done or said in good faith.

Or that we start to "debate" things that are way out of the USP or DNA of the site / group etc....

I didn't notice the update last year I don't THINK?

I know if the one where the website changed totally - as in had a big overhaul of the OLD logo and so on then the NEW one which is this.....

Or maybe that is what you mean?
:-/
cloudthecat15 m ago

Fair comment..... .... Hmmmmm.....I am just a little wide eyed and ... .. …Fair comment..... .... Hmmmmm.....I am just a little wide eyed and ... .. . surprised to an extent.... I mean that in sincerity not in any condescending or patronising way... Just sad that there are so many negative comments applied to / against what others have done or said in good faith.Or that we start to "debate" things that are way out of the USP or DNA of the site / group etc....I didn't notice the update last year I don't THINK?I know if the one where the website changed totally - as in had a big overhaul of the OLD logo and so on then the NEW one which is this.....Or maybe that is what you mean?:-/

the site overhaul where everythign changed and it was harder to navigate and only deals were sorted into categories anymore that least to asks and discussions being nothing but a biggotted minefield lol
QUOTE: and discussions being nothing but a biggotted minefield lol

LOL!!! LOL!! LOL!!

To say that I can empathise is an understatement!

I concur with everything you say..... Its certainly a lot more hostile and argumentative at the moment or these days than it was before...

Your quote is just spot on!

Made me chuckle!
cloudthecat7 m ago

LOL!!! LOL!! LOL!! To say that I can empathise is an understatement!I …LOL!!! LOL!! LOL!! To say that I can empathise is an understatement!I concur with everything you say..... Its certainly a lot more hostile and argumentative at the moment or these days than it was before... Your quote is just spot on!Made me chuckle!

Just to clarify for everyone, which of the users of this profile has created this thread? Mr Cloudthecat, or Mrs Cloudthecat? Thanks.
Uilleam1727 m ago

Voted cold,saw it in another shop.................the deal is for this …Voted cold,saw it in another shop.................the deal is for this shop,not the one you saw it inVoted cold, I don't like..................................others may like itVoted cold, not a deal.................................. someone else may think it's a dealSo why do these people not just scroll on past and leave others to decide whether a deal is good or not instead of putting disparaging and discouraging remarks, especially when some have been on here for years and posted very little to help others and post only snide remark.

with that in mind there are a few products I will heavily explain why I think some items are so bad I don't think any person should ever pay any money for, but go into great detail as to why, depending on the particular product though I don't always vote cold, like some thing I think are bad but it's not the end of the world if you buy them other's it's like people need to be protected from just how bad something can be.

I do get frustrated if things are voted cold with zero comments though, would be nice if people can say they found the same elsewhere cheaper. In one case I saw a post for a huge book on a specific tabletop game that was on sale and had never been cheaper, but people were voting cold without explaining, the only thing I could guess was they weren't into that thing, which is pretty terrible if it has no interest to they they shouldn't vote at all unless they know it's a good deal or not.
Uilleam1742 m ago

Voted cold, not a deal.................................. someone else may …Voted cold, not a deal.................................. someone else may think it's a deal

surely that's what the hot/cold voting function is for. if someone else thniks its a deal they may be mistaken, either way if it is it will *usually* go hot.
Why does it matter you don't get any of the money for posting a deal anyway. You are filling someone else's coffers and helping Scalpers the majority of genuinely good deals on here just end up with some so and so bragging about clearing the self off to sell on eBay. There's no such thing as community here, i sooner post deals on Facebook then my mates and users of the same groups see em, i see this place bas just the goto for the greedy.
Saturn4 h, 1 m ago

Just to clarify for everyone, which of the users of this profile has …Just to clarify for everyone, which of the users of this profile has created this thread? Mr Cloudthecat, or Mrs Cloudthecat? Thanks.

I'm going to guess Mr.
33049495-3CsMT.jpg
Edited by: "shadey12" 12th Jan
Felicitous4 h, 53 m ago

I had to disable most of the discussion options after the site had the big …I had to disable most of the discussion options after the site had the big update last year and things weren't sorted by category anymore... I had no idea bigotry was so rampant on the site at the time, it might be cleaner now hopefully but a few months ago it was stomach turning, it felt like browsing a certian forum with "4" in the

The Misc forum needs to be shut down.
Uranus12th Jan

The Misc forum needs to be shut down.

Why?

Don't post in it. Move on?
?!?!?!?!?!?

Makes me wonder what you are even doing on here then!?!

"There is no such thing as a community here"

"I sooner post deals on facebook"

Segata-Sanshiro18 h, 20 m ago

Why does it matter you don't get any of the money for posting a deal …Why does it matter you don't get any of the money for posting a deal anyway. You are filling someone else's coffers and helping Scalpers the majority of genuinely good deals on here just end up with some so and so bragging about clearing the self off to sell on eBay. There's no such thing as community here, i sooner post deals on Facebook then my mates and users of the same groups see em, i see this place bas just the goto for the greedy.

people take it too seriously, and others have far too much time on their hands posting the same crap day in day out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants