Cyberpunk Delayed (again) until November 19th

Posted 18th Jun 2020
A shame it has been delayed again but I would much rather play it when it's fully working then a rushed buggy release that I quit and never return to.
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
Sucks, but id rather them perfect it
This will be the date Xbox Series X will be due for release
Looks like they waiting for the big release on next gen
It wouldn't surprise me if they are waiting for next gen, question is does this now come in the firing line for other big releases? September seemed like a good time to release
oli_1_uk18/06/2020 18:41

It wouldn't surprise me if they are waiting for next gen, question is does …It wouldn't surprise me if they are waiting for next gen, question is does this now come in the firing line for other big releases? September seemed like a good time to release

Other games should be worried about releasing when this does, not vice versa.

It's gonna be a 10/10 for sure.
CaptainZero18/06/2020 18:41

Other games should be worried about releasing when this does, not vice …Other games should be worried about releasing when this does, not vice versa.It's gonna be a 10/10 for sure.

Don't get me wrong the game looks great and I'm sure it will do well, but if it could come out before the usual swell of games in November it would have more focus on it.
Witcher 3 was delayed for 6 months. Worked wonders for that the added time.
Could they be downgrading the current gen versions and prioritising the game as a next gen game, like a PS4/PS3 game situation that happened early this gen for a few years? I remember reading the Xbox One base version was difficult and they “only just” got it to run on a base PS4 at acceptable framerates and compromises.
Sometimes the hype is better than the actual game...
At least the PS4 version will work on the ps5 and include a free future update.
41153413-PzdX2.jpg
Bluefusion19/06/2020 22:34

At least the PS4 version will work on the ps5 and include a free future …At least the PS4 version will work on the ps5 and include a free future update.[Image]

Question is would it work via inserting the PS4 disc into the PS5, or via a digital version becoming available?
That I don’t know my friend?

Or what happens if you buy the disc version of cyberpunk for your PS4, but then decide to buy a digital PS5 with no drive? = screwed?
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 19th Jun
Bluefusion19/06/2020 22:45

That I don’t know my friend? Or what happens if you buy the disc version o …That I don’t know my friend? Or what happens if you buy the disc version of cyberpunk for your PS4, but then decide to buy a digital PS5 with no drive? = screwed?

Why would you buy a disc version if you are buying a PS5 Digital edition?
Azwipe19/06/2020 23:27

Cheaper? Well, Sony obviously recoups the cost difference via PSN pricing so not cheaper in the long run, but more of a personal choice.

In this case though it could be that the PSN data logs a player having played the PS4 version on disc and offers them a digital PS5 version of the game for free? However if that’s the case it could be easily abused unless there’s restrictions in place, say, only available after logging a reasonable time of gameplay like 20 hours in game. Otherwise I could just get the PS4 disc version, get people to pay me like £10 each to use the “master disc” logging the gameplay on their PSN by simply installing and playing the disc version for 5 minutes, so they then receive the digital PS5 version for their £10 outlay. I would then recoup my costs for the game easily and put towards the PS5, people get their game for cheap, win-win
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 20th Jun
Azwipe19/06/2020 23:27

I don’t yet know which version of the PS5 I want to buy, but as I have both physical and digital PS4 games it’s now something to consider when buying any new games for the PS4 like Cyberpunk.
Post a comment
@
    Text