Cycling on the footpath

5 replies
Found 17th Feb 2011
In Belfast available cycle lanes are quite poor in certain areas (in addition to ass-hats parking in them) and most people don't seem confident on the road. Is it just Belfast where people cycle on the footpath more than the road?

1. Misc
  2. Cycle
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Cycle
5 Comments

i wouldn't dare cycle on the road anywhere, theres enough idiots who make it dangerous when you're enclosed in a car, let a lone vunerable on a bike.

Original Poster

matt3454

i wouldn't dare cycle on the road anywhere, theres enough idiots who make … i wouldn't dare cycle on the road anywhere, theres enough idiots who make it dangerous when you're enclosed in a car, let a lone vunerable on a bike.

Some people do feel safer on the footpath but that has it's own dangers (hitting people, it is illegal, etc).

I cycle on the road, they are in such terrible condition though, 3 punctures in two weeks from pot holes, don't really blame people cycling on pavement, wouldn't do it myself though.

They ride on the pavements all the time here, i dont mind if it's young kids, but the adults that do it are pathetic, they give you no warning they're coming up behind you, it's so dangerous.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions