Groups

D

H

23 Comments

get bottle of earex from supermarket or chemist, norm does the trick

Banned

lol really? I'll have to try that next time.....mmm minty freshness!

Do you think it might work in any other orifaces? Cure for Piles?

Original Poster

n1ttygr1tty;4976542

get bottle of earex from supermarket or chemist, norm does the trick

not when you wake up at 1am...

Original Poster

Trickyjabs;4976597

Do you think it might work in any other orifaces? Cure for Piles?

worth a try, just have a mouthwash bath

My Mum would always put a small amount of warm olive oil in my ear with and a piece of cotton wool, when I had a sore ear, worked a treat.

Thanks for this invaluable tip.

Original Poster

deek72;4976684

Thanks for this invaluable tip.

"invaluable" ?

notice the post is called "do you have an earache" ..... well if you did then this wouldnt be "invaluable"

thomasc123;4976702

notice the post is called "do you have an earache" ..... well if you did … notice the post is called "do you have an earache" ..... well if you did then this wouldnt be "invaluable"

I think you mean 'if you did then this would be invaluable'.

Anyway, it is invaluable. I've saved this page in my favourites for if I ever become incapacitated with earache. I wasn't being clever, there must be dozens of people with earache who just happened to be browsing on here and will have been delighted to find this gem.

thomasc123;4976702

"invaluable" ? notice the post is called "do you have an earache" ..... … "invaluable" ? notice the post is called "do you have an earache" ..... well if you did then this wouldnt be "invaluable"

invaluable tip - invaluable does not mean 'not valuable'

brilly;4976951

invaluable tip - invaluable does not mean 'not valuable'

Thanks brilly. For further clarification, 'invaluable' means 'very valuable' or 'extremely valuable; having value too great to measure; priceless'.

Original Poster

....zzz

windex

Thomas how is your ear now? I've never heard of using mouthwash in the ear before. I had to take my uncle to hospital last week because he thought he had gone deaf because he had been putting all sorts of strange things in his ears trying to cure it (windowlene on cotton wool! was one of them) . I know there is a special oil you can get called Olbas oil and that is meant to be soothing for ear aches.

Alfonse;4977061

windex

uncle?

Original Poster

kaits;4977083

Thomas how is your ear now? I've never heard of using mouthwash in the … Thomas how is your ear now? I've never heard of using mouthwash in the ear before. I had to take my uncle to hospital last week because he thought he had gone deaf because he had been putting all sorts of strange things in his ears trying to cure it (windowlene on cotton wool! was one of them) . I know there is a special oil you can get called Olbas oil and that is meant to be soothing for ear aches.

Hi,

It was really hurting last night and i couldnt sleep... after putting southwash on a cotton bud and placing into my ear the pain went instantly and was able to sleep. There was a little pain this morning but easily fixed with moouthwash...only a short term solution obviously but helps me get sleep

I would really take this tip with a pinch of salt. Ear is quite a sensitive part, more sensitive than the teeth enamel and tongue and I am not sure how would it react to some chemical developed for mouth. I have developed a mild deafness due to this kind of quackery in my childhood.

It is very tempting to stop the air ache but the price should be assessed carefully, if there is any. Go to the doctor and have some patience to bear the pain, if necessary instead of suffering throughout your life.

Original Poster

pied_piper;4977141

I would really take this tip with a pinch of salt. Ear is quite a … I would really take this tip with a pinch of salt. Ear is quite a sensitive part, more sensitive than the teeth enamel and tongue and I am not sure how would it react to some chemical developed for mouth. I have developed a mild deafness due to this kind of quackery in my childhood.It is very tempting to stop the air ache but the price should be assessed carefully, if there is any. Go to the doctor and have some patience to bear the pain, if necessary instead of suffering throughout your life.

im pretty sure a drop of mouthwash isnt going to make me deaf....

thomasc123;4977136

Hi,It was really hurting last night and i couldnt sleep... after putting … Hi,It was really hurting last night and i couldnt sleep... after putting southwash on a cotton bud and placing into my ear the pain went instantly and was able to sleep. There was a little pain this morning but easily fixed with moouthwash...only a short term solution obviously but helps me get sleep

You probably need your ears cleaning out. That's what the doc told my uncle. He has to go to the GP and they will use some warm water solution and flush out the hard wax.
    One time I did this for a friend with a big plastic syringe and warm soapy water and a little beach pebble fell out of her ear!

Original Poster

kaits;4977190

You probably need your ears cleaning out. That's what the doc told my … You probably need your ears cleaning out. That's what the doc told my uncle. He has to go to the GP and they will use some warm water solution and flush out the hard wax. One time I did this for a friend with a big plastic syringe and warm soapy water and a little beach pebble fell out of her ear!

well thats the thing....it was after i cleaned my ears out (think i went too far)

Alfonse;4977061

windex

I lol'd

I usually just send her out of the room:whistling:

My mum used to poor a small amount of warm olive oil in my ear too - very soothing
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?35232
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4842328
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?36201
      4. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!22

See more discussions