Groups

Dab radio

I am looking to buy a Dab radio with my Christmas money. Amazon have a Pure evoke D2 in their lightning deals for £49.99. Is this a good buy?

9 Comments

the pure are good bit watch out, if you are planning on going portable I'm sure it's a battery pack which is sold separately.

Original Poster

daza1992

the pure are good bit watch out, if you are planning on going portable … the pure are good bit watch out, if you are planning on going portable I'm sure it's a battery pack which is sold separately.

Ouch that's that gone out the window then. Never thought I would pay more a battery than the radio itself! Thank you for your help.

OK providing you have good reception. I'm not sure this model accepts connection to an external aerial which means you might only be able to receive a limited selection of stations.

I have a Pure ONE Mini Series II which is great. Much better than my Roberts DAB.

amazon.co.uk/Pur…B4G

try sainsburies instore seemed to be a few discounts around

Original Poster

DistortedVision

I have a Pure ONE Mini Series II which is great. Much better than my … I have a Pure ONE Mini Series II which is great. Much better than my Roberts DAB.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Series-Compact-Portable-Radio/dp/B005OPKB4G

Do I need to buy a battery pack for this?

Takes an optional ChargePAK B1 for hours of portable listening

I've got this, amazon.co.uk/Rob…dab well the previous version I guess, I've had it about 3 years now and it's been great. It's even survived droppings onto hard tiles.

Comes with a built in battery charger. I got aa rechargables with the C sleeves and they work fine.

I have the Pure Evoke D2, had mine about a year. I dont have the battery pack, you dont need it unless you need to run your radio where you cant plug it into the mains. 49.99 is a fantastic price for it. It is by far the best voice quality Ive heard on a digital radio, the sound is very rich. As I mainly listen to radio 4 its perfect. However the sound quality on smooth fm is excellent too. I couldnt believe such good sound could come from the radio.Don't let the battery pack put you off.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Google assistant notification56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations66
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1622
      4. Best supermarket Disaronno?912

See more discussions