DAB radios

Found 9th Jul 2008
Does anyone have one?? Are they good, i heard that they might be going down the hd-dvd route/betamax.

I like the look of the maple pure ones with the blue backlit screen are these good?

Cheers
Community Updates
MiscDAB RadioRadio
7 Comments
I have a Roberts Gemini 46 (White plastic... jumped on the Apple bandwagon in terms of styling). Wasn't intending on buying one but rec'd as a present for Xmas. Find it really good. Excellent choice of stations (obviously depends on where you are in the country as to what you get). Pure are a decent make I think. Heard rumours that some stations are considering pulling the plug due to low listening numbers/high costs but nothing concrete.
Certainly recommend buying one in my opinion.
i have one, got it thru here for a tenner. still worth buying one now as the sound is much better, just make sure your in a good signal area. rumors suggest that and upgraded signal is in development and will require a different radio. but thats a long time off yet.
yeah i use a dab and its a lot better than fm or am i got mine dirt cheap and its almost cd quality:whistling:
thanks guys, do any of you know where i can get a cheap pure one from?
I bought one of these direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx from my local store and it basically does everything it says on the tin!
PURE wooden cased are about the best you'll find (& they are blooming good) the upgrades they offer via the usb port were on their radios YEARS ago! good service support.

I have "a few" of the pure range ..& one roberts, the only reason I keep the roberts is it would be a waste to throw it away! ....DAB is here to stay, the uptake figures are very good now! ..tremendous bit of kit!
I have 3 sonus 1xt (talking version) ..also good for old / blind & partially sighted people (still got backlit display alarm functions etc)

The bug, the bug too (with revu & memory card recording capability)
THAT roberts rd-25 vibrating piece of crud! ..distorts easily!

..some kind person listed the bug too at £20 in toys are us this week, highly recommended unit! quirky & backlit large display by wayne hemingway, I bought 4 as presents for my friends slow to move onto dab or just a bit reluctant at the price.
As an ex sound engineer the pure range positively excel in my books, esp the wooden wrapped chassis's
..plastic chassis / cabinets are tonally much looseer sound wise .. BUT it all depends on what you've been used to listening to & on what beforehand, for instance my office stereo kit was around £7000+ 10 years ago (industry, so alot of choice)
if in doubt go look at the pure dab radio website & speak to a tech guy! ..very helpful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants