Found 2nd Jul 2007
Hey folks, went to order my HV10 from Amazon and found it was out of stock...decided to go for Dabs as they were cheap with a voucher but after putting the order through, it's 'awaiting stock' (despite claiming otherwise when I added it to my basket). Spotted a voucher for Pixmania and thinking of going with them as they're just as cheap and that's with the express deluvery (within 48-72 hours rather than 2-3 days for normal?!)

However there are plenty of horror stories with Pixmania for slow shipping and French accessories/manual..unsure what to do as I want the device fairly promptly (Dabs have given me no estimate) as it's going to take quite a bit of practice before going on holiday. However, as it's 50% over budget already I'm trying to keep costs low.

John

1. Misc
  2. Dab
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Dab
9 Comments

Johnmcl7

(within 48-72 hours rather than 2-3 days for normal?!)

Does this service cost extra? :roll:

Really not sure what I would do there - do Dabs have any indication when they will have stock? I've only heard bad things about Pixmania, but I guess you don't generally hear good news about companies and they are now integrated with DSG I think (up to you if thats a good thing or not!). Are there any other retailers that have it in stock?

Original Poster

Yes, it costs three pounds extra - however their standard 2-3 days seems to be closer to two to three weeks, I would hope their '48-72 hour' service is genuine as it's with a different courier.

Unfortunately Dabs haven't given me any indication, I've e-mailed them to ask when they expect stock. There are other retailers with it but they're quite a bit more expensive, 30-50 quid more from what I've found looking around. The problem is the HV10 is the older model and the HV20 is the new one - I prefer the older one as it's smaller, lighter and cheaper but it seems to be disappearing. My concern is Dabs won't get any at all but it's hard to tell.

John

[COLOR="Red"]DONT GO WITH PIXMANIA!!!!!
[/COLOR]

We tried to buy something from there, was asked to send copies of drivers license and passport before they would send it (although they had already taken the money!) and didnt want to do that so cancelled the order.

Have tried numerous times (once just a few minutes ago!) to get a refund and still havent got it. Called the bank but they said they wont do anything about it because we cancelled the order. So we have lost £400, doesnt look like we are going to get it back

kelly_o_fanatic

[COLOR="Red"]DONT GO WITH PIXMANIA!!!!![/COLOR]We tried to buy something … [COLOR="Red"]DONT GO WITH PIXMANIA!!!!![/COLOR]We tried to buy something from there, was asked to send copies of drivers license and passport before they would send it (although they had already taken the money!) and didnt want to do that so cancelled the order.Have tried numerous times (once just a few minutes ago!) to get a refund and still havent got it. Called the bank but they said they wont do anything about it because we cancelled the order. So we have lost £400, doesnt look like we are going to get it back

You'll get it back, but keep badgering...

I had the same problem once.

Original Poster

Hmm, don't like the sound of having to send ID for it - I asked this on another forum and someone pointed me to Expansys who have it way cheaper. They're promising stock this week so fingers crossed they get it...

John

VAT at 17.5% may make pixmania more expensive than other UK retailers anyway. At least with dabs customer service is good, and you know exactly how much your paying.

Original Poster

I don't think they add vat to the price, when I put it through the basket the price it asked me to pay was the initial asking price of 580 pounds. I would have happily stuck with Dabs if they could ship the item but it wasn't looking likely.

John

Customs add vat not pixmania - they are a French company (albiet a part of the Dixons Stores Group) and thus don't collect the vat on behalf of the UK govt. It'd be collected by post office.

Original Poster

France is in the EU - you don't pay VAT if the item is shipped within the EU.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47381
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions