Dale Winton passes away

Found 18th Apr
Sad breaking news that deeky pointed to.

TV presenter Dale Winton, who hosted Supermarket Sweep, has died at the age of 62, his agent has said.

He died at his home earlier on Wednesday, his long-term agent Jan Kennedy said in a statement.

"While we know many will share this terrible loss, we ask that you respect the family's privacy at this time of grief," she said.

He presented a wide range of shows, including Supermarket Sweep and Family Fortunes.

He started his career as a DJ in London and in 1986 joined BBC Bristol to present Pet Watch.

2927915-ya8TW.jpg

Rest In Peace Dale.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
“Next time you’re at the checkout and you hear the beep, think of the fun you could be having on Supermarket Sweep!” 😁
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 18th Apr
Sad times. Had a beer with him at the Fletcher and Firkin pub once (now called Castle pub). Nice bloke. RIP
May he RIP in that big supermarket up in heaven
Wow, one of the biggest shocks, he always looked so well, I know that doesn't always count though RIP Mr Winton.
58 Comments
“Next time you’re at the checkout and you hear the beep, think of the fun you could be having on Supermarket Sweep!” 😁
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 18th Apr
Sad times. Had a beer with him at the Fletcher and Firkin pub once (now called Castle pub). Nice bloke. RIP
May he RIP in that big supermarket up in heaven
Wow, one of the biggest shocks, he always looked so well, I know that doesn't always count though RIP Mr Winton.
Rip Dale loved the recent Florida series.
Sad news. Died youngish too.
No ! looked so healthy....

imdb.com/nam…72/

Epic dude
33660281-iivf3.jpg
Such sad news, I really did like him on TV...and he looked so well.
Next time I'm at the checkout and I hear the beep, I'll remember all the fun I had watching supermarket sweep. RIP Dale
Edited by: "benjammin316" 18th Apr
benjammin3164 m ago

Check it out

It was Dale's time to check out.
mousey6 m ago

Such sad news, I really did like him on TV...and he looked so well.

Really?

33660355-CSpal.jpg
fanpages4 m ago

It was Dale's time to check out. Really?[Image]

He looks quite older than 62 yrs, heard he had been unwell for a while
When all said and done,we're all going to die.
On banana day as well

33660447-1txjK.jpg
Many a sick day off school watching Supermarket Sweep, cheers Dale.
Not his biggest fan but he struck me as being a nice bloke.

Always see Dale in my head when I see Miles post for some reason
An average entertainer who has kicked the bucket... Goodness knows how many comments/likes would have been expressed on here if misc was around in the heyday of decent entertainers.
deeky5 m ago

Not his biggest fan but he struck me as being a nice bloke.Always see Dale …Not his biggest fan but he struck me as being a nice bloke.Always see Dale in my head when I see Miles post for some reason

'Always see Dale in my head when I see Miles post '

cough*
Wongy11017 m ago

'Always see Dale in my head when I see Miles post 'cough*

Have I infringed the new CoC wongy?
deeky2 m ago

Have I infringed the new CoC wongy?

Yes deeky

but them we all have whatever we post.
Wongy1103 m ago

Yes deeky but them we all have whatever we post.

How so, wongy?
deeky2 m ago

How so, wongy?

like you don't know already ?
Wongy1101 m ago

like you don't know already ?

I don't know what you're talking about wongy. Mind you, looking at the time...

Go on wongy, enlighten me then.
Always seemed like a nice fella on tv.

Heard he went peacefully in his sweep.

RIP.
deeky2 m ago

I don't know what you're talking about wongy. Mind you, looking at the …I don't know what you're talking about wongy. Mind you, looking at the time...Go on wongy, enlighten me then.

I too am intrigued.
deeky3 m ago

I don't know what you're talking about wongy. Mind you, looking at the …I don't know what you're talking about wongy. Mind you, looking at the time...Go on wongy, enlighten me then.

if you must
everything is political
politics/democracy should/does involve every part of our lives.
Wongy1104 m ago

if you must everything is politicalpolitics/democracy should/does involve …if you must everything is politicalpolitics/democracy should/does involve every part of our lives.

Ok. let me tell you what I think you might mean.

I think you might mean that me saying that when I see miles (who is a VERY open and proud GAY man) post, it puts an image of another gay man in my head, that that is offensive in some way?

Don't you ever form a mental image of someone who you have never seen?
deeky1 m ago

Ok. let me tell you what I think you might mean.I think you might mean …Ok. let me tell you what I think you might mean.I think you might mean that me saying that when I see miles (who is a VERY open and proud GAY man) post, it puts an image of another gay man in my head, that that is offensive in some way? Don't you ever form a mental image of someone who you have never seen?

I say.
33660717-qO0QW.jpg
deeky2 m ago

Ok. let me tell you what I think you might mean.I think you might mean …Ok. let me tell you what I think you might mean.I think you might mean that me saying that when I see miles (who is a VERY open and proud GAY man) post, it puts an image of another gay man in my head, that that is offensive in some way? Don't you ever form a mental image of someone who you have never seen?

I read "Miles post" as "Miles' post"... thought he'd been sending you pictures
Wongy1103 m ago

I say.[Image]

You've got a nerve really, insinuating that you don't understand what I'm saying. You are up there with the most cryptic posters on HUKD, especially after the 8pm watershed. If you really don't understand what I'm saying then perhaps if you stopped talking in riddles, and made your point clear, then people might be able to make appropriate comments.

Goodnight wongy.
deeky8 m ago

Wongy1101 h, 4 m ago

On banana day as well [Image]

33660751-6LGqi.jpg

deeky18th Apr

Not his biggest fan but he struck me as being a nice bloke.Always see Dale …Not his biggest fan but he struck me as being a nice bloke.Always see Dale in my head when I see Miles post for some reason

Wongy11018th Apr

'Always see Dale in my head when I see Miles post 'cough*

miikeyblue18th Apr

I read "Miles post" as "Miles' post"... thought he'd been sending you …I read "Miles post" as "Miles' post"... thought he'd been sending you pictures

Thank goodness that @deeky did not type "in" as "on".
Far too young. I used to watch it and would have loved to have taken part, Looked fun. May he R.I.P
deeky16 m ago

You've got a nerve really, insinuating that you don't understand what I'm …You've got a nerve really, insinuating that you don't understand what I'm saying. You are up there with the most cryptic posters on HUKD, especially after the 8pm watershed. If you really don't understand what I'm saying then perhaps if you stopped talking in riddles, and made your point clear, then people might be able to make appropriate comments. Goodnight wongy.

I do cryptic dekey (and am crap at it) it is(in theory) fun.

any conspiracy theories are in your head.
Wongy11010 h, 11 m ago

if you must everything is politicalpolitics/democracy should/does involve …if you must everything is politicalpolitics/democracy should/does involve every part of our lives.

People die, it's not politics, its biology!
Wongy1109 h, 47 m ago

I do cryptic dekey (and am crap at it) it is(in theory) fun.any conspiracy …I do cryptic dekey (and am crap at it) it is(in theory) fun.any conspiracy theories are in your head.

What do you mean?
Suicide is painless?
davewave1 h, 44 m ago

People die, it's not politics, its biology!

People die for reasons-politics
we tend to remember what they did in life-poltics

at the end of the day you can't say anything without being political and breaking the coc

it makes nonsense of the whole discussions bit in the address bar
Wongy1101 h, 32 m ago

People die for reasons-politicswe tend to remember what they did in …People die for reasons-politicswe tend to remember what they did in life-polticsat the end of the day you can't say anything without being political and breaking the cocit makes nonsense of the whole discussions bit in the address bar

When the heart stops pumping, you die, it isn't down to politics.
I never watched Supermarket Sweep so didn't know much about him, only found out he was gay from reading this thread. Saw him recently doing the Lottery I think, seemed like a personable sort of bloke.

RIP
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants