dam brahs, got scammed on ebay

finally happened

cliffs:
- sold item on ebay
- buyer uses it for 2 months and then returned it
- received different item then what was sold (serial numbers don't match)
- ebay fully refunded buyer including postage
- ebay cant help seller

53 Comments

You got their address though, bro'.

This is one of the many reasons I don't use eBay.

Sucks

ANDDDD that is why I now exclusively use classified ads on here and similar sites.

Only been scammed once and a cheeky court action threat resolved that in a day.

Put your money where your mouth is and leave eBay for good

appeal but get a crime number first preferably off action fraud. well that's what I'd do

Issue court proceedings online

You have their address. Pay a visit.

Banned

Rich44

Issue court proceedings online

Too right & only about £30

Original Poster

thanks brah, item was only worth £60 but its the principle of being defrauded that hurts the most.

Original Poster

Mark2111

You got their address though, bro'.8)

http://darkman007.untergrund.net/photos/gif/total_recall_head_smash.gif

good idea brah

Speak to action fraud anyway, if they are doing this often it may trigger something. I got scammed last year with a tablet and it really hurts as I'm normally savvy about these things.

but why accept a return after two months? dont they only have 30 days to return?

what was their Ebay username??! Help warn other users about this scammer!

professorEX

he said it didn't work and used the "item not as described" option to … he said it didn't work and used the "item not as described" option to open a case

Yes, but I am sure that was only available within 30 days. News to me that you can open a case of not working after 30 days! - Infact, I am sure if it gives you the option to not allow return after this.

Edited by: "dealtime" 9th Dec 2016

dealtime

Yes, but I am sure that was only available within 30 days. News to me … Yes, but I am sure that was only available within 30 days. News to me that you can open a case of not working after 30 days! - Infact, I am sure if it gives you the option to not allow return after this.

Maybe it was a paypal thing, isn't that 180 days now?

myapps

Maybe it was a paypal thing, isn't that 180 days now?

Possibly!

That Sucks fam

thought eBay didn't get involved with warranty claims as after two months that is what it would be.

If eBay refunded them then they're criminals too.

Brah... Take a trip down their yard and show em we dem boys!
Edited by: "Bure11" 9th Dec 2016

if this is a serious thread (going by your history I have my doubts)

send a message telling them you have proof that it's a different item and that you are contacting the police, they might poop in their pants and offer to pay

Original Poster

dataload

if this is a serious thread (going by your history I have my doubts)send … if this is a serious thread (going by your history I have my doubts)send a message telling them you have proof that it's a different item and that you are contacting the police, they might poop in their pants and offer to pay

i emailed the dude asking if it was a honest mistake on his part, how can I prove anything to the police though? it will be his word against mine
Edited by: "professorEX" 9th Dec 2016

professorEX

i emailed the dude asking if it was a honest mistake on his part, how can … i emailed the dude asking if it was a honest mistake on his part, how can I prove anything to the police though? it will be his word against mine

(you don't actually contact the police)

these type of people are usually quite stupid and an empty threat can resolve most issues

dataload

if this is a serious thread (going by your history I have my doubts)send … if this is a serious thread (going by your history I have my doubts)send a message telling them you have proof that it's a different item and that you are contacting the police, they might poop in their pants and offer to pay

^ This. If you have proof that it's a different item I would go 8-ball on their ****.

But i'm in a particularly ****ty mode tonight...

How long ago did you buy it? Can the serial number be traced to whom originally bought it?

Original Poster

Mark2111

How long ago did you buy it? Can the serial number be traced to whom … How long ago did you buy it? Can the serial number be traced to whom originally bought it?

serial number is only used for warranty purposes and product identification, its a apple product

Perhaps a "name & shame" thread is in order?

professorEX

serial number is only used for warranty purposes and product … serial number is only used for warranty purposes and product identification, its a apple product

I'm a little perplexed by 2 parts here, can you clarify:

1. 2 months seems a rather long period of time since eBay only give 30 days to submit a dispute, was the entire process drawn out until almost every deadline date?

2. If you reported this to eBay they should have given you the opportunity to submit a Action Fraud case and upon providing the reference number and they would have refunded you too, therefore you wouldn't be at a loss. Was that not offered?
Edited by: "joshp" 10th Dec 2016

yeah this sounds odd. i just had someone open a case on a pair of used trainers after 30 days had passed. it was basically entirely up to me what the result would be

I'd be so angry I'd probably kill myself in temper.

Suck it up and move on. Email eBay or even better write to them with a pen and paper (meaning you sat and took the time, explain the situation and then NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

deeky

I'd be so angry I'd probably kill myself in temper.

That's a bit extreme...

A bit worried about a lot of electronic stuff I sold over the last month, don't usually use them because of the potential scammers but got drawn in with that £1 FVF promo.

tsimehC

That's a bit extreme...A bit worried about a lot of electronic stuff I … That's a bit extreme...A bit worried about a lot of electronic stuff I sold over the last month, don't usually use them because of the potential scammers but got drawn in with that £1 FVF promo.

I've got a really bad temper

I am pretty sure with Paypal, you can file a claim upto 90 days after an item has sold.
If you have the Serial no, complain to Apple and the Police and report theft. The item will be blocked, if the buyer does not return it to you.
Shoot! Forgot to take pics of the Serial numbers of the items I recently sold...:|

Why are you buying bras?

caverncity

appeal but get a crime number first preferably off action fraud. well … appeal but get a crime number first preferably off action fraud. well that's what I'd do

No point whatsoever.

scumbags.

So paranoid now I have just sold an iPhone through eBay I have kept all photos of the phone, box, imei number, proof of postage, proof of delivery including their signature, just need to now hope I won't ever need to use them,

KM4353

No point whatsoever.

​what so you would just give up then and not even try. That's pointless, giving up at the first hurdle, that's why the scammers do it. If you appealed and reported it then at least there is a paper trail and if it's a common practice from the buyer there is more of a chance you might get your money back. Also it shows you value your goods more and are even prepared to go the police/action fraud route to prove you are the honest one and not the buyer.
Edited by: "caverncity" 10th Dec 2016

airfix

Why are you buying bras?

Moobs, at a guess.
He's been workin out tho, so .....

One guy did something similar, albeit for £500 item, turned up and he paid me back.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions