Groups

Damaged Goodmans 42" TV

This tv is about 8months old, and i recently damaged the screen (my own fault) and i dont think its covered on the provided 1 year warranty. anyway, i was wondering if its possible to have the screen repaired? or maybe if anybody wants to buy the tv to use for spare parts etc? im not really an expert with tvs.

Heres some info about the tv: goodmans.co.uk/pro…-GB

and heres a few pictures of the tiv itself, if you want more just ask: img22.imageshack.us/gal…jpg

I hope that you can help, and thanks.

Ollie.

6 Comments

Put it through the house insurance and get a new one.

crum666;5176163

(If you have accidental damage cover + if your excess + the extra premiums for next year isn't more than getting a new one.)

Screens tend to cost more to replace than getting a new telly unfortunately

crum666;5176163

Life doesn't work like that any more, you can thank those that did this / claimed for things they never owned for insurance companies making life a misery when you genuinely need them.

I imagine any claim would not be economically viable when you weigh up premium increase V cost of a new TV

Insurance companies have everyone running scared of premium increases to the point where they foot the bill themselves. Remember what insurance is for.

crum666;5176512

Insurance companies have everyone running scared of premium increases to … Insurance companies have everyone running scared of premium increases to the point where they foot the bill themselves. Remember what insurance is for.

Yeah but remember you have to declare your claim for 5 years on any new insurance taken out, and some companies won't accept you if you've made a claim.

Plus most of the special offers insurance companies say you can't have claimed in 5 years to take them up.

Its always best to weigh up the value to you of a claim, against the potential cost of not being able to get a such cheap quotes for the next 5 years.

the2ocan;5176650

Yeah but remember you have to declare your claim for 5 years on any new … Yeah but remember you have to declare your claim for 5 years on any new insurance taken out, and some companies won't accept you if you've made a claim.Plus most of the special offers insurance companies say you can't have claimed in 5 years to take them up.Its always best to weigh up the value to you of a claim, against the potential cost of not being able to get a such cheap quotes for the next 5 years.

Insurance companies really do take the ****.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4632181
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      3. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…1112
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764693

See more discussions