Damaged Play item, any chance of some money back if I contact them?

I know Play are notoriously useless at packaging goods.

I received a Waybuloo for my niece today and the box (that was simply covered in a polythene envelope) is all battered and looks complete mess.

If I complain will they simply tell me to return it (and is this free) or will they perhaps give me a voucher/refund some money?

This is supposed to be a gift and looks like someone has stepped on a corner of the box, it does not affect the functionality of the goods but is that irrelevant, it looks awful

18 Comments

They will just say return.

Play are just lately becoming a nightmare, their CS is shocking at the moment the last couple of times I have tried to get through I have had non-english speaking persons who I have really struggled to explain the problem to.

Their CS is a joke, i had a dirty stormtrooper and tried to get some money off but they just said return - don't waste your phone call.

You have to pay to return stuff to Play, but you can then claim the postage costs back.

They'll offer you either a replacement or a refund, don't get your hopes up about receiving any sort of discount code as compensation

Original Poster

It is just pathetic, Amazon always place items of this nature inside another box so they dont turn up looking like a bag of carp.

I dont think I will order this type of item from them again, really annoyed. Its not even about the money off, If it is their fault it should be a free prepaid return,

DJNG22;6976693

It is just pathetic, Amazon always place items of this nature inside … It is just pathetic, Amazon always place items of this nature inside another box so they dont turn up looking like a bag of carp.I dont think I will order this type of item from them again, really annoyed. Its not even about the money off, If it is their fault it should be a free prepaid return,

It is free to return damaged goods. You just have to pay first and claim back later.

First you gotta get through to an english speaking cs agent :lol:

Play are blooming awful to contact, they sent me 3 mirrors, all smashed in transit cos packaging was crap..

They wanted me to send them back for a refund :lol: Finally got through to a supervisor and he did a refund straight away :thumsbsup:

Email them, don't bother ringing. You get better instructions, and their reply in writing is pretty hard to argue with when you're still waiting for your refund. They've never let me down...

DJNG22;6976693

It is just pathetic, Amazon always place items of this nature inside … It is just pathetic, Amazon always place items of this nature inside another box so they dont turn up looking like a bag of carp.I dont think I will order this type of item from them again, really annoyed. Its not even about the money off, If it is their fault it should be a free prepaid return,

Amazon are brilliant, I only buy dvd's from play now. Can't be bothered with play's hassle everytime.

I find if play have an item cheap, amazon will match it within a few hours :thumbsup: I would pay a little more to get from amazon too :-D

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;6976710

It is free to return damaged goods. You just have to pay first and claim … It is free to return damaged goods. You just have to pay first and claim back later.

I know it is free but why should I pay first? They need to send things in adequate packaging first and it would not happen.

With Amazon you print off a prepaid address label for free and you get the amount taken from your refund if it is NOT faulty/damaged etc....

I think I am just gonna keep the damn item, not happy though but sounds like more hassle returning the thing...

DJNG22;6976756

I know it is free but why should I pay first? They need to send things in … I know it is free but why should I pay first? They need to send things in adequate packaging first and it would not happen. With Amazon you print off a prepaid address label for free and you get the amount taken from your refund if it is NOT faulty/damaged etc....I think I am just gonna keep the damn item, not happy though but sounds like more hassle returning the thing...

That's why play do it :lol: To stop people sending stuff back, willy nilly.

Play used to be excellent but they are becoming very annoying quite quickly:?

Maybe you should address these issues ]here :thumbsup:

Original Poster

hdizzle;6976840

Maybe you should address these issues ]here :thumbsup:

Have done now, in 3 years as a member I didnt even know that existed! cheers:thumbsup:

DJNG22;6976878

Have done now, in 3 years as a member I didnt even know that existed! … Have done now, in 3 years as a member I didnt even know that existed! cheers:thumbsup:

it's a brand new feature mate, they just introduced it last week I think :thumbsup:

not had a problem with them and used them quite abit. Only sent back 1 thing, some trousers that were too big(technically not their fault but they were huge for a size 32"), got full refund and postage costs for return(not full postage but i wasn't expecting any as they weren't really at fault)

Original Poster

athunder;6976948

not had a problem with them and used them quite abit. Only sent back 1 … not had a problem with them and used them quite abit. Only sent back 1 thing, some trousers that were too big(technically not their fault but they were huge for a size 32"), got full refund and postage costs for return(not full postage but i wasn't expecting any as they weren't really at fault)

every ordered anything with cardboard packaging that requires care when handling? I have never had a problem before but I have never ordered this type of item before only games or DVDs

Banned

DJNG22;6976878

Have done now, in 3 years as a member I didnt even know that existed! … Have done now, in 3 years as a member I didnt even know that existed! cheers:thumbsup:

no you havent :thinking:

DJNG22;6976967

every ordered anything with cardboard packaging that requires care when … every ordered anything with cardboard packaging that requires care when handling? I have never had a problem before but I have never ordered this type of item before only games or DVDs

yes, i've ordered a number of gadgets and such. I will admit amazon is better overall on packaging and returns, but play has never given me cause for concern.

and as has been said by others, you will have to return it, i don't think you'll get any money off/vouchers.

Original Poster

csiman;6977001

no you havent :thinking:

I did!! I did wonder when it did not appear next to your post but I thought perhaps yours was one chosen from many........ I will have to do it again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763884
    2. What an absolute disgrace2148
    3. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2030
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2447

See more discussions